Erasing Logcard Problem

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.

Erasing Logcard Problem

Postby joe80 » September 12th, 2017, 5:42 am

I've recycled logcards since getting my 'D' in 2006 and experienced no difficulties until recently. There doesn't seem to be a way, using the latest C2 Utility software, of erasing a logcard. If you go to 'Maintenance & Settings', choose 'Manage Stored Results' a message 'Not yet available. Coming soon ...' appears. This message has been there for months; how is 'soon' defined?

Is there any alternative for reusing logcards? I've tried deleting sessions manually but the logcard insists that it is full and refuses to accept new rows.

Regards,

Joe
joe80
1k Poster

Re: Erasing Logcard Problem

Postby Carl Watts » September 12th, 2017, 6:15 am

Yes you can Format a LogCard on the PM3 or PM4 monitor itself.

It is a hidden menu that I discovered by accident while trying to crack another issue and that is how to change the default LCD contrast setting.

If you have the latest firmware on the monitor go to the second screen of the product ID and then hit the change units 3 times and then the change display 3 times and the word format appears on the display.

This totally wipes the LogCard and you need to re-enter your name and start again. No idea why this is simply not an option in the LogCard utilities with the following screens before it like....

Are you sure you want to format the card ? Y/N

Are you REALLY sure you want to format the card ? Y/N

Are your REALLY, REALLY sure you want to format the card ? Y/N

Now press YES to format the card and don't ring Concept 2 to tell them you accidentally formatted the card or they are going to call you an idiot :lol:
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log
Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster

Postby joe80 » September 12th, 2017, 7:06 am

Wow! Thanks very much for that very effective solution Carl. A few seconds fiddling with buttons on the PM4 and a freshly formatted logcard presented itself.

I'm very grateful that you are ready to share your extensive knowledge on this forum.

Regards,

Joe
joe80
1k Poster

Postby Citroen » September 12th, 2017, 8:17 am

Thanks Carl.

I wonder if they've got anything like that on a PM5 to erase/format the USB stick.
Citroen
SpamTeam

Postby Ripples » September 12th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Citroen wrote:
I wonder if they've got anything like that on a PM5 to erase/format the USB stick.

The Concept2 Utility allows that under "Manage Stored Results, USB Flash Drive." Will erase all info on the stick, or all records after the current date. Your choice.
Ripples
Paddler

Postby Carl Watts » September 12th, 2017, 11:29 pm

The newer C2 utility is very nice for uploading your results from the LogCard to the C2 website directly from the monitor without the need for a card reader.

I have had to use this when RowPro crashes so badly it looses my row in the results and even in the RP LogBook so it makes a great last resort backup method of still getting a verified row uploaded.

Personally I have come to love my PM4, such a reliable monitor that has no issues, it just does what you expect it to do.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log
Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster

Postby Citroen » September 13th, 2017, 6:02 am

Ripples wrote:
Citroen wrote:

The Concept2 Utility allows that under "Manage Stored Results, USB Flash Drive." Will erase all info on the stick, or all records after the current date. Your choice.

That's not much use when my nearest ergo is 5Km from my laptop.
Citroen
SpamTeam

Return to Indoor Rowers