Setting up ranked workout in ErgData

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.

Setting up ranked workout in ErgData

Postby burritomike » February 13th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Hi all,
We just got a Model D and I got synced with ErgData yesterday. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the app up so that it knows I am doing a ranked workout and will automatically stop the timer when I hit the target number of meters? For instance, I want to get my time for a 2000 meter row and I am wondering if I can set ErgData to automatically stop the timer at 2000 instead of that little amount of "trail-off" the machine always has once you stop rowing.

Thank you!
Michael
Where's the beer?
LOG
burritomike
Paddler

Re: Setting up ranked workout in ErgData

Postby Citroen » February 13th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Ranking is a post workout process for any 4' 30' 500m 1Km 2Km 5Km 6Km 10Km HM or FM row that you tick a box on http://log.concept2.com after you log it.
I've asked C2 for years to have an auto-rank system if you row a better one of the ranking distances or times any time during the season. That has never happened. Perhaps now with ergdata is the time to ask rowing@concept2.com again.
Citroen
SpamTeam

Postby hjs » February 13th, 2018, 5:34 pm

burritomike wrote:Hi all,
We just got a Model D and I got synced with ErgData yesterday. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the app up so that it knows I am doing a ranked workout and will automatically stop the timer when I hit the target number of meters? For instance, I want to get my time for a 2000 meter row and I am wondering if I can set ErgData to automatically stop the timer at 2000 instead of that little amount of "trail-off" the machine always has once you stop rowing.

Thank you!
Michael

Don,t get the question, if you set your pm for 2000 or any other distance/time, it does stop when you reach 0. What is that trail off you talk about, thats only the cause if you use "just row"
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby burritomike » February 13th, 2018, 5:39 pm

hjs wrote:
burritomike wrote:Hi all,

Thank you!
Michael

Don,t get the question, if you set your pm for 2000 or any other distance/time, it does stop when you reach 0. What is that trail off you talk about, thats only the cause if you use "just row"

Yep, you beat me to it. I had a whole thing typed up explaining how tonight I was going to try the 2k workout that is selectable within the PM5. I have only used "just row" and I didn't know you could select specific workouts in the computer itself until reading some info about the PM5 just now. I am new to all this, forgive my rookie question? :D
Where's the beer?
LOG
burritomike
Paddler

Postby hjs » February 13th, 2018, 5:47 pm

No problem, luckily your "problem" is easily fixed.

Enjoy your rower! B)
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
hjs
Marathon Poster

Re: Setting up ranked workout in Er

Postby jackarabit » February 13th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Michael, I looked at your log. As I suspected, the single entry (5008m continuous distance) has the appearance of a 5k done on “just row.” So you roll back to the catch @ 5k, slap the menu button and get the 8m tail. You will not be able to rank such an effort with ErgData auto-verification because 5008m is not a ranked distance. You also can’t verify from the monitor as no alpha-numeric V-code will be provided for 5008m. You could, of course, extrapolate time for 5k from 5008m and manually enter (write-in) an unverified, ranked log entry. A much better approach to ranked distance is to simply choose one of the default distances (2, 5, and 10k) from “standard” rows in the monitor’s “select workout” menu and program 100m, 500m, 1 mile (1609m), 6k, half and full marathon as “distance” under select workout menu. Auto-ranking of all these precise distances is available simply by the “synch” to logbk function to be found @ top left of ErgData log screen. (I may be mistaken that the metric mile is a C2-ranked distance.)

EDIT: Your later response came thru while I was typing. I’m leaving mine FWIW.
Last edited by jackarabit on February 13th, 2018, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Training Log
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Setting up ranked workout in Er

Postby burritomike » February 13th, 2018, 6:31 pm

jackarabit wrote:Michael, I looked at your log. As I suspected, the single entry (5008m continuous distance) has the appearance of a 5k done on “just row.” So you roll back to the catch @ 5k, slap the menu button and get the 8m tail. You will not be able to rank such an effort with ErgData auto-verification because 5008m is not a ranked distance. You also can’t verify from the monitor as no alpha-numeric V-code will be provided for 5008m. You could, of course, extrapolate time for 5k from 5008m and manually enter (write-in) an unverified, ranked log entry. A much better approach to ranked distance is to simply choose one of the default distances (2, 5, and 10k) from “standard” rows in the monitor’s “select workout” menu and program 100m, 500m, 1 mile (1609m), half and full marathon as “distance” under select workout menu. Auto-ranking of all these precise distances is available simply by the “synch” to logbk function to be found @ top left of ErgData log screen. (I may be mistaken that the metric mile is a C2-ranked distance.)

EDIT: Your later response came thru while I was typing. I’m leaving it stand FWIW.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response! I think I am dialed in now, at least on how to get accurate data into the system. Technique, on the other hand... :D
Where's the beer?
LOG
burritomike
Paddler

Postby bojam » February 20th, 2018, 6:28 am

If you use BoatCoach instead of ErgData you can set up all sorts of favourite sessions (I haven't hit a limit yet!) away from the erg and then when you are on the erg just pick the session from BoatCoach. The Session will be verified. If the session is a rank-able you will be asked on the C2 Logbook site just as if you used ErgData or a logcard/usb etc
bojam
500m Poster

Return to Indoor Rowers