HR monitor via tablet/phone

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.

HR monitor via tablet/phone

Postby Njsurfboat » October 15th, 2017, 4:34 pm

Just got into indoor rowing again. I have a non C2 rower, and a hr option is available but the the overall monitor is somewhat obsolete. I have stroke rate and time etc.. what chest or wrist strap will I interface with a smart phone app to display heart rate. I saw alot of post regarding fitness watches etc but I'm interested in a bare bones HR display.
Njsurfboat
Paddler

Re: HR monitor via tablet/phone

Postby Citroen » October 15th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Do you seriously expect to get a non-biased opinion for a Brand-X rower on the Concept2 forum? I've allowed your post but if it goes too far off-topic the thread will get locked.
Citroen
SpamTeam

Postby gregsmith01748 » October 15th, 2017, 6:15 pm

All the big names in Heart Rate Monitors have apps. And all of the apps work with just about all of the fitness monitors.

You want to get a Bluetooth-LE heart rate monitor. I have used both the Wahoo Tickr, the Polar H7 and the new Polar OH1. They all work well. If you want a chest strap, I'd recommend the Tickr. I recently started using the Polar OH1, which is an arm band. I was worried about it not working well for rowing, but it has been reliable. Having it on my arm has not been distracting for either erg or on the water.

I use the Wahoo fitness app on my phone with the OH1 and it gives you the ability to both save your data in the app, and also share it with other apps. I'm sure other apps work fine for that too, but it's just the one I'm used to.
Greg
gregsmith01748
10k Poster

Postby Njsurfboat » October 16th, 2017, 12:24 pm

thanks.
Njsurfboat
Paddler

Return to Indoor Rowers