Concept2 Model C For Sale on Craigslist

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.

Concept2 Model C For Sale on Craigslist

Postby HawkEye19 » January 8th, 2018, 11:42 am

Good Morning

I am looking at buying a Concept2 Model D in the near future, and came across a Model C with a PM2 monitor for about half of the cost of a new Model D with a PM5. I'm wondering if there's good value in that purchase (and upgrading to a PM5), or should I pass on that one due to age and usage? I do have an email into the seller asking purchase data and how many hours/distance on the unit.

Thanks!
HawkEye19
Paddler

Re: Concept2 Model C For Sale on Craigslist

Postby Cyclist2 » January 8th, 2018, 2:42 pm

All depends on condition. The rowers are very durable, so if it hasn't been just abused, it probably would be fine. Look at photos, go look at and try the machine if possible. Make a lower offer :D .

Good luck!
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.
Cyclist2
5k Poster

Postby Ombrax » January 8th, 2018, 6:06 pm

I have a C at home and use an E at the gym. Other than the PMs, I don't think there are huge differences between the machines. The smaller differences are IMO the handles and the seats (C seat is a bit harder, but a pad fixes that).

If you can find a good use for the money you'd save and you aren't one of those people who must always have the latest and the greatest, then I'd say that the C would be a good option (assuming that it's in excellent shape), with perhaps a PM upgrade.

Good Luck
Ombrax
2k Poster

Postby Anth_F » January 9th, 2018, 5:11 pm

I would just buy a D with PM5! By the time you spend x amount on the C then factor in the cost of the PM5 upgrade, wouldn't be much more to have just gone straight for the model D with PM5.

Or even a good used D would be in the same ballpark. I see C models all the time on ebay, and some sellers are asking more than the sellers auctioning off model D's with more up to date PM's :?
40yo male 5'10 76kg (Rowing since june 9th 2016) PB's 5k 19:22

My goals are simply to keep fit/get fitter and continue to enjoy rowing on the C2 :)
Anth_F
10k Poster

Return to Indoor Rowers