Multithreading & SDK DLLs

Post questions and issues with Concept2 PM3 SDK

Multithreading & SDK DLLs

Postby Thorn » January 23rd, 2017, 4:13 pm

Hi guys,

The sources using SDK I've seen so far (on github or else, including demo app) were very basic single threading applications, which mostly present (wrapped or not) dll's function calls from the main function.

Has anyone tried to make call of for instance
Code: Select all
PM3CSAFE_API ERRCODE_T tkcmdsetCSAFE_command(UINT16_T unit_address,
                                             UINT16_T cmd_data_size, UINT32_T cmd_data[],
                                             UINT16_T *rsp_data_size, UINT32_T rsp_data[]);

simultaneously from different threads (Ofc, each thread manages its own monitor class object (unit_address), so no clashes like such, no shared/static buffers etc) ? Are those functions reentrant?
I also understand what calling of init/shutdown and discovery functions concurrently may not be a good idea, but the rest?
I have experience with MT programming, synchronization, race conditions etc , so no problems must be there. Except, perhaps, some static variables or global data buffer possible used by any of SDK DLL in deep :wink:

So any1 pls?
Thorn
Paddler

Re: Multithreading & SDK DLLs

Postby Citroen » January 23rd, 2017, 4:21 pm

Try sending an email to C2's Scott Hamilton. You can find his address in his profile photo: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=342
Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: Multithreading & SDK DLLs

Postby Thorn » January 23rd, 2017, 4:57 pm

Citroen wrote:Try sending an email to C2's Scott Hamilton. You can find his address in his profile photo: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=342

Thanks alot for this hint, 'll do that.
Thorn
Paddler

Return to SDK Questions