Reading data from PM3 "memory"

Post questions and issues with Concept2 PM3 SDK

Reading data from PM3 "memory"

Postby nhallwood » January 30th, 2009, 4:55 am

Is it possible to use the SDK or the activx control to read data from PM3 memory?

On the PM3, the last x rows are stored so that you can review splits etc. I would like to be able to read this data and transfer it to a database that holds records for each athlete in a squad. I know I can do this using logcards and a reader, transfering into excel etc. but this is a lot of messing around. Using the online logs doesn't store split data etc.

I've looked through through the SDK documentation and the forum posts and cannot find any command that looks like it does the job. The only thing that looked close was mentioned in a couple of posts to read logcard data but this command is not in the current documentation.

Is this possible?

Thanks. Nick.
nhallwood
Paddler

Postby Chris Brett » February 2nd, 2009, 11:59 pm

I think the logcard reading function has been removed from the latest release of the SDK documentation so I don't think there is a coding option for this.

You do have 2 options.

If you first copy all of the data to a LogCard you can then use the Logcard Utility.

You can use the PMI ActiveX control with a PC connected to a PM live and record all the data straight to a text file. This also enables you to record extremely detailed workout data. It will require some very minimal coding and a few minutes of work on your part. I think I even put a couple of examples in the manual for logging live workout data.

Good Luck
Chris Brett
500m Poster

Re: Reading data from PM3 "memory"

Postby powlo » October 16th, 2015, 11:52 am

Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing - is this advice still current (from 2009) or is there a new/better way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

Powlo
powlo
Paddler

Return to SDK Questions