Which team is this?

Community forum for VTC participants

Which team is this?

Postby lhaymond » January 10th, 2018, 9:48 pm

I have looked at several teams but have not identified which team:
1) provides a place to share rowing questions and answers
2) is more than a formation for a single event (I’m hoping to find a group that offers participation in all of the online challenges - VTC included)
3) helps guide members toward virtual challenges and opportunities to join competitions online
4) I think I would prefer a medium size club - it would seem like unless you’re a standout on the big teams - it would be difficult to build camaraderie?

I’m not looking to be courted - exactly - but we’re halfway through the VTC and I would like to select a team and start contributing.

I’m a 51yo HWT male living in Georgia, USA
I’m just returning to the erg after a year away - hope to build back up to approx. 9k/day 5days a week
LD

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
User avatar
lhaymond
Paddler
 
Posts: 14
Joined: February 9th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Which team is this?

Postby Slothful1 » January 11th, 2018, 1:52 am

I responded to your original question, to throw the Forum Flyers name into the hat (and I see one of the other team members gave it a virtual thumbs up too). Check out the Forum Flyers thread, and I think you'll find we'll cover all that you're looking for. We've been around for many years (started on the old forum, and still have a couple of the original members occasionally checking in), and participate in all the team challenges. There are mix of skill levels in the team, and there's always someone available with an answer to training questions. Have a look at the C2 Cross Team Challenge to see the range of times that the Forum Flyers have been posting, and you'll see that we are a diverse bunch of contributors.

The team thread hasn't been as active as it was in the past, but there are a few regular contributors, and generally someone is reading it everyday.

Cheers
Dave
Slothful1
1k Poster
 
Posts: 120
Joined: March 18th, 2006, 5:52 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Which team is this?

Postby lindsayh » January 11th, 2018, 6:10 am

lhaymond wrote:I’m not looking to be courted - exactly - but we’re halfway through the VTC and I would like to select a team and start contributing.
I’m a 51yo HWT male living in Georgia, USA. I’m just returning to the erg after a year away - hope to build back up to approx. 9k/day 5days a week


Yes I agree with Dave - we are involved with all the challenges and with a long history and reasonable size - up to 6/7 boats in the CTC and about 25 in the VTC with some good meters. Not absolutely at the top of the tree especially as the standard of the CTC has risen so much but always there. Not an active Fbook presence but our thread here is pretty good and we have some long term ergers and with some keen newer ones. (We would really love a few smoking hot lightys and women to float some CTC boats though). Visit our thread below
And apart from that we nearly share a name (I am lhay)
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Which team is this?

Postby jackarabit » January 11th, 2018, 6:11 am

Uhmhuhm, new blood fresh meat! FF will be a stronger team with you as a member! That's how it works in the NCAA, the PTA, and the Airborne Rangers. Jump aboard! No signing bonus but a rock solid escape clause! If it don't work for ya, it's easy to shift your challenge meters, your CTC efforts, your experience, wisdom and winning personality to another aggregation. :D
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image

Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Which team is this?

Postby bisqeet » January 11th, 2018, 6:49 am

like sub7 for example... :p
Dean
2017 Season: 196cm / 92kg : M49
Training Log - ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ -Blog
~seven days without rowing makes one weak~
User avatar
bisqeet
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: July 20th, 2015, 3:17 am
Location: Bavaria, Germany

Re: Which team is this?

Postby lhaymond » January 11th, 2018, 12:05 pm

lindsayh wrote:
lhaymond wrote:I’m not looking to be courted - exactly - but we’re halfway through the VTC and I would like to select a team and start contributing.
I’m a 51yo HWT male living in Georgia, USA. I’m just returning to the erg after a year away - hope to build back up to approx. 9k/day 5days a week


(We would really love a few smoking hot lightys and women to float some CTC boats though). Visit our thread below
And apart from that we nearly share a name (I am lhay)


Lindsay - I don't know which I'm farther from... "Smokin Hot", "Lighty" or "Woman" :P But I'll sign up and find a way to contribute :)
LD

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
User avatar
lhaymond
Paddler
 
Posts: 14
Joined: February 9th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Which team is this?

Postby lindsayh » January 11th, 2018, 11:28 pm

lhaymond wrote:Lindsay - I don't know which I'm farther from... "Smokin Hot", "Lighty" or "Woman" :P But I'll sign up and find a way to contribute :)


That is great - see you on the FF thread. Just let us know your name etc.
I should make it clear though that the "smokin hot" referred entirely to the erg performance and not related to any other parameter.
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Which team is this?

Postby bisqeet » January 12th, 2018, 4:24 am

lindsayh wrote:
lhaymond wrote:Lindsay - I don't know which I'm farther from... "Smokin Hot", "Lighty" or "Woman" :P But I'll sign up and find a way to contribute :)


That is great - see you on the FF thread. Just let us know your name etc.
I should make it clear though that the "smokin hot" referred entirely to the erg performance and not related to any other parameter.



damn... nearly had me sold...
Dean
2017 Season: 196cm / 92kg : M49
Training Log - ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ -Blog
~seven days without rowing makes one weak~
User avatar
bisqeet
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: July 20th, 2015, 3:17 am
Location: Bavaria, Germany

Re: Which team is this?

Postby jackarabit » January 12th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Yep, smokin hotties, that's FF. :lol:
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image

Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am


Return to Virtual Team Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest