TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Re: TimbukTOO Team Room

Postby johnb » March 9th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Hi Angela,

Just an FYI, I did a late posting one day, but have not missed a day during mud season. I am 9 for 9 and plan to keep that streak going for as long as I can. It is 11 straight days going back into February. Even on rest days I am going to row 5k from now through April 30th if I can. I will commit to 150k for the upcoming team challenge as well.

jb
johnb
2k Poster

Postby hangtree » March 10th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the update Angela. We will be happy to see our guest but I know how it can disrupt a schedule. Have some coming next weekend for a week.
Good to see members participating in the challenge.
Jack
hangtree
Paddler

Postby johnb » March 15th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Hey team we are into the World Erg Challenge, get on board! We are also 15 days into the Individual Mud Season challenge, so good luck to all those who are participating in either one. I finally took a couple unplanned days off due to my wife rightfully imploring me to not be obsessive and Winter storm Stella shutting down my local gym. I have 13 muddy rows in as of today and am still on track to complete the Mud Season challenge. I also got started on the WEC. Let's make a good showing TimbukTOOers! Happy Ergging All! :D
johnb
2k Poster

Postby johnb » March 20th, 2017, 11:01 pm

So I see a lot of us are still cranking away on our individual and team challenges. Remember that to participate in the World Erg Challenge (WEC) you need to join a team. TimbukTOO is our alliance, but in the WEC challenge we are team Timbuktwo.

For those of us still rowing in the Mud Season challenge we are winding down, I have completed 18 rows.

I always take advantage of these overlapping challenges to improve my technique which can get sloppy as I cross train throughout the year. So I will be focusing on maintaining a controlled stroke rate and getting peak power output over the next month and a half as we wrap up the 2016-2017 rowing season. I would really like to reach 1.2 million meters for the year, but that will take a real concerted effort, as I just passed 950k.

Go team!
johnb
2k Poster

Postby johnb » March 23rd, 2017, 12:25 pm

Our challenges keep progressing...

In the Mud Season Madness challenge it looks like 11 of our crew are still in the hunt to complete the required 25 rows in March. We are in the home stretch so keep grinding it out mates. We can do it!

In the World Erg Challenge our TimbukTWO team is currently in 20th place with 31 members participating and are at just under 1.3 million meters rowed. Keep on pulling team.

Lastly our affiliation TimbukTOO is in 21st place for the year at just shy of 33 million meters rowed for the season. Let's see if we can't crack the top 20.

We are in the home stretch, let's finish strong.

If anyone is striving to improve their rowing consider having Concept 2 email you their WOD. I find it pretty darn useful.

www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/wod/subscribe

jb
johnb
2k Poster

Postby army padre » March 25th, 2017, 12:00 pm

We just moved into 19th place! Let's keep going/rowing! I experienced an ankle sprain a few weeks ago, which has taken me out of running for the foreseeable future. I think the erg is going to become my primary source of exercise from this point on.
army padre
500m Poster

Postby johnb » March 25th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Sorry to hear about the sprained ankle padre, but happy to have you aboard for the WEC. Hope it heals quickly and doesn't hurt too much.
johnb
2k Poster

Postby johnb » March 26th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Our happy band of Mad Mudness rowers are still at it.

Congrats to Gary Weaver who completed both the 10k and the 5k row challenges.

There are still 10 more of us closing in on completing the 5k challenge and one closing in on the 2500 meter challenge. Counting today there are still 6 rowing days left, make them count. I will compile the full list and challenge results once it is complete and all meters are tabulated. Keep rowing you mad mudders!
johnb
2k Poster

Postby army padre » March 26th, 2017, 12:58 pm

I just completed my first half of the season as my contribution to the WEC for Sunday. I need to put the Gray Panthers paramedic squad on speed dial. It's interesting that the Marine Corps now includes the erg as an alternate event for Marines who can no longer run. I hope the Army follows suit in the future.
army padre
500m Poster

Postby johnb » March 26th, 2017, 12:59 pm

World Erg Challenge update....31 team members have been contributing meters thus far and there is still time to sign up and get on board for anyone who wants to join in.

TimbukTWO is still firmly in 19th place with just under 1.7 millions meters rowed.

armypadre is leading the way, but several others are hot on his heels; all our top rowers have over 100k rowed in the challenge so far. There are still 3 weeks to go in the WEC and plenty of meters to be rowed. Go Team TimbukTWO!
Last edited by johnb on March 26th, 2017, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnb
2k Poster

Postby army padre » March 26th, 2017, 1:01 pm

:lol: And Gary Weaver is like the Terminator; he is from the future. Every time I get within a few meters of him he pulls ahead of me by 25K. I'm drafting the formal articles of surrender as we speak.
army padre
500m Poster

Postby johnb » March 26th, 2017, 1:03 pm

army padre wrote:I just completed my first half of the season as my contribution to the WEC for Sunday. I need to put the Gray Panthers paramedic squad on speed dial. It's interesting that the Marine Corps now includes the erg as an alternate event for Marines who can no longer run. I hope the Army follows suit in the future.

Way to go Padre! I am wanting to complete one this season, maybe before the challenge is over. Great Job! I'll need that paramedic speed dial set up too. :D
johnb
2k Poster

Postby Weave » March 26th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Thanks Guys!!!

I don't mean to pull away, but I need to step it up, to get to my goal of 3 million for the season! 3million sounded like a good idea last April, what a dope I am!(taking off most of February wasn't a good idea either)

That March Mudness is the hardest challenge of the year, picking and choosing your 5 days off in the month is a challange in and of itself. I think I am going to take off tomorrow, but don't worry "I'll be back!" :D (I have 275k to go)
Weave
Paddler

Postby johnb » March 26th, 2017, 6:58 pm

Weave wrote:Thanks Guys!!!

I don't mean to pull away, but I need to step it up, to get to my goal of 3 million for the season! 3million sounded like a good idea last April, what a dope I am!(taking off most of February wasn't a good idea either)

That March Mudness is the hardest challenge of the year, picking and choosing your 5 days off in the month is a challange in and of itself. I think I am going to take off tomorrow, but don't worry "I'll be back!" :D (I have 275k to go)

Great goal Gary & Great rowing! We'll root you on as the season winds down. Thankfully my season goal is only 1.2 million meters, but I still have a heavy month to go. About 225k meters. Let's all finish the year off strong.
johnb
2k Poster

Postby army padre » March 27th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Three million for the season is impressive, Weave. I want 230K more to get to 6 million meters lifetime. I will go at it hard for the next 10 days or so, and then I need to try to run again to get through the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).
army padre
500m Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Teams