Sub 7 Indoor Rowing Club (UK)

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Re: Sub 7 Indoor Rowing Club (UK)

Postby Rod » July 11th, 2018, 4:18 pm

60 minutes

Metres..................15701
Pace....................1:54.6
SPM.....................33

This was a bit of a 'ranging shot' just to get the feel of it and see what sort of pace I could hold comfortably then accelerate from at the end.

I'm happy enough with what it told me which was 1:55.0 for the first 7 splits (7':30''...nearly 2k) and 1:51.9 for the last 7:30 split (over 2k) and hope to do a faster one towards the end of the month.

I raised the DF from my usual 109 to 112 and tried a lower spm but it didn't feel good, I couldn't hold the lower rate and the handle was much 'heavier' than I would like so will move it back down again next time.

AHR was 85% of max. (I recently hit some new figures with 193 max and a low of 41 so taking that as good news!).I was an annoying 4 metres short of top place in the 60-69 Lwt world rankings...oh well....should have checked first! :lol:

Mike..............Great work in this heat mate, it's doin' us all in!
60 year old Lightweight male. Based in Sussex, just south of London, England. Best 2k recently.. 6:58.1 for Silver at the world champs on the 18th February 2018.
Rod
6k Poster

Re: Sub 7 Indoor Rowing Club (UK)

Postby Rod » July 14th, 2018, 2:29 pm

5 x 2k.2'r

Average 2k....................7:22.4
Average pace.................1:50.6
SPM............................33
DF..............................114

A new PB for this session beating the last one from 2 weeks ago by 0.9 on total time (same pace) but did it with much better control, there was no last rep 'thrash' and I always felt I had another gear if needed.

That was the idea though as the plan is to ''bed in'' the pace and let my body adapt not smash it to bits in a never ending search for improvement....I can save that for time trials and this is to prepare me for a HM in September.
60 year old Lightweight male. Based in Sussex, just south of London, England. Best 2k recently.. 6:58.1 for Silver at the world champs on the 18th February 2018.
Rod
6k Poster

Previous

Return to Teams