- thanks for mentioning the Fletcher Max HR test, (I remember doing this when I used to have a cardboard Concept2 logbook - so that is some years ago).
For me it is 50W, (I will have fun keeping to 3:11 pace), 75W, 100W, 125W and fly it like a 4 min TT. Put it on my list of things to do in March, (unless it sneaks onto the timetable instead of a run when i chicken out due to bad weather).
Excellent UT2 R17 strapless 10k. PS If you have butterflies about rowing 2k try 2001m instead, (and just think how I feel when I put 42195m on the clock and commit to 200 minutes of craziness). Rod
- brilliant 8 x 500m r3:30 and 3 x 2k r2. You are certainly putting the training in for a Sub7 2k in a months time, (I will hopefully be there to witness it if I am not busy getting ready for my race at the time).
Sorry to hear of Carols back problems, (from experience of an L5/SI disk bulge in 2010 I could only potter along for a few months afterwards and was very stiff all the time). I didnt start ergo racing until 6 months after my first disk bulge (L4/L5) in 2001 - I am mad!Mike
- that a big jump in performance on the 10 x 1min r1. Perhaps thats why it felt so hard this time. 30mins r20 is never one of my favourites, and any tiredness in the legs really shows up. Like you say having a rest day or two could be the answer. I used to be in the same situation with donating blood - something I feel passionate about but was a temporary step back in ergo intensity.Marjorie
- thanks for the confidence in my performance but I am not really considering how fast I could go at 60, LWT or not, (any British records available will have been snaffled long before that occurs in 2025)! I am only looking at 2017/8 at present and hoping not to loose more than 2 secs per year on 2k, (which might be even less deficit if I actually did 2k training wholeheartedly
). I expect that you are already on the piste - so happy hols and wishing you all the best in OTW and ergo races that you have planned.Me
- very happy with my 16k on Tuesday when I did 2:15.3 pace for 72 mins 10 secs, (the target of beating 2:15.4 looked out of reach 5k to go so had to raise the game and go for a negative split bigger than originally planned).
Thursday's "Performance Grid" - one of my personal trainers ideas that I resurrected, (18, 20, 22, 24, 26 spm over 2500m, 2k, 1500m, 1k, 500m with rests that shrink from 1 min 45 secs by 15 secs each time.) Got the stroke rate right but one of my worst performances at this - 2:15.0 average, (perhaps I am dead legged too).
Followed with a 25 min blast on the exercise bike. Today is a rest in preparation for Saturdays 18k and Sundays 5 mile cross-country run.
PS Last 3 sessions I have been 0.3kg over the LWT limit so need to concentrate the mind and keep my hands off chocolate
otherwise I wont get any breakfast pre-race.