Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 20th, 2017, 4:04 pm

No why the hell should I lie down that 4 x 250m/4'r really hurt me, ok Anth.


Anth to do 4 x 250m/4'r 1:29.9 - 1:29.9 - 1:29.9 - 1:29.9, yeah looks easy now doesn't it.


How dare you or anyone comment on a session you havn't done at hard pace (not my pace thats's easy for you)

My legs were shot last rep.

So look at the above and it doesn't look easy now does it :twisted: :twisted:

Look forward to that report above :roll:



Im training for 1 x 500m @ 1:29.9 ave, 4 x 250 is twice 500m of work.

How dare you or anyonelse talk like that to anyone.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby Shawn Baker » April 20th, 2017, 10:06 pm

https://instagram.com/p/BTHphuIgiCv/

Just some low rate work, short intervals- target sub 1:30 at 20 spm

Travel/rest day tomorrow
50 y/o 6'5, 243lbs

Image

Twitter @SBakerMD

Instagram shawnbaker1967
Shawn Baker
6k Poster
 
Posts: 863
Joined: February 19th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby cannondalerugby5 » April 21st, 2017, 1:13 am

As an observer of this current exchange I cannot understand why the comments have deviated from training feedback to personal challenges.

Paul, love you passion,thinking and commitment to a training plan.I wish you every success towards your objectives.
I may have Miss read but I don't think Anth was being critical of you and your program.

As someone who has just gone through the journey you are starting, I found it really helpful to embrace all feedback,no such thing as criticism ,only feedback.

Try suggestions from the guys on this forum they are very supportive,review outcome,re try ,review,re plan etc.

On a personal note I think 4 min is a long rest on a short sprint , good luck with you journey :D

Steve
cannondalerugby5
500m Poster
 
Posts: 93
Joined: January 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Location: Durham - England

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 3:26 am

cannondalerugby5 wrote:As an observer of this current exchange I cannot understand why the comments have deviated from training feedback to personal challenges.

Paul, love you passion,thinking and commitment to a training plan.I wish you every success towards your objectives.
I may have Miss read but I don't think Anth was being critical of you and your program.

As someone who has just gone through the journey you are starting, I found it really helpful to embrace all feedback,no such thing as criticism ,only feedback.

Try suggestions from the guys on this forum they are very supportive,review outcome,re try ,review,re plan etc.

On a personal note I think 4 min is a long rest on a short sprint , good luck with you journey :D

Steve











Hi Steve, 500m WR holder says different, I agree.

It as mentioned before it depends what "pace" you are going at :wink:

The longer rest allows a greater pace, yes this is week 1 :shock: so my pace looks slow but I can reassure
you the effort I put in was not.

I have in a few days time 5 x 150m/1:30r what they are easy too.

And yes Anth was being very rude, my target for the 4 reps is 1:29.9 or faster, sounds easy.

Remember the longer the rest (in sprints) the faster the pace, the shorter the rest say 6 x 25/95
the slower the pace although target for that whole session will be all reps sub 1:29.9 pace.

It's not a 1k or 2k,5k,6k etc in training for but a 500m TT @ 1:29.9 ave, look at my last 500mTT.

Give me a few weeks hey :wink:

Now I am leaving this as of now, please do not like Anth comment on a session that forced a days rest
and had my legs with huge lactate.

And yes you both are wrong, as mentioned that was MAX session, at your or Anth's max like mine
I look forward to the reports.

In a few weeks I plan to do that session much faster, as mentioned Anth has 4 x 250/4'r all reps
at 1:29.9, now as also mentioned we both now he can't do that for 1 rep let alone 4 off them
so how the hell is 4' to long of a rest with that pace in mind. :roll:
Last edited by paul45 on April 21st, 2017, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 3:28 am

Shawn Baker wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BTHphuIgiCv/

Just some low rate work, short intervals- target sub 1:30 at 20 spm

Travel/rest day tomorrow






Strong work Shawn.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby hjs » April 21st, 2017, 3:41 am

Paul keep this thread on track, no sideways, just relevant info. Its longgoing this one and should not have rubbish!
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
User avatar
hjs
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Location: Amstelveen the netherlands

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 3:46 am

hjs wrote:Paul keep this thread on track, no sideways, just relevant info. Its longgoing this one and should not have rubbish!







I agree :wink:
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby cannondalerugby5 » April 21st, 2017, 3:53 am

paul45 wrote:
cannondalerugby5 wrote:As an observer of this current exchange I cannot understand why the comments have deviated from training feedback to personal challenges.

Paul, love you passion,thinking and commitment to a training plan.I wish you every success towards your objectives.
I may have Miss read but I don't think Anth was being critical of you and your program.

As someone who has just gone through the journey you are starting, I found it really helpful to embrace all feedback,no such thing as criticism ,only feedback.

Try suggestions from the guys on this forum they are very supportive,review outcome,re try ,review,re plan etc.

On a personal note I think 4 min is a long rest on a short sprint , good luck with you journey :D

Steve



Sorry Paul,

From your reply I would deduce that you feel that people take sides, that there are winners and losers or people being right or wrong.

Its not about someone's personal numbers and I hope its not a competition between us .

In my humble opinion its about reviewing your current activities, experimenting, learning and improving your numbers.

How hard a session feels is not a validation of outcomes as " hard" is very subjective.

I am sure no one on the forum would ever intend to be rude.

Please remember that to many on the forum English is not there first language,( they are still more proficient than I am as a natural Englishman)

Negative Emotion can arise from translation.

I look forward Paul to seeing your improvements.

Have fun.








Hi Steve, 500m WR holder says different, I agree.

It as mentioned before it depends what "pace" you are going at :wink:

The longer rest allows a greater pace, yes this is week 1 :shock: so my pace looks slow but I can reassure
you the effort I put in was not.

I have in a few days time 5 x 150m/1:30r what they are easy too.

And yes Anth was being very rude, my target for the 4 reps is 1:29.9 or faster, sounds easy.

Remember the longer the rest (in sprints) the faster the pace, the shorter the rest say 6 x 25/95
the slower the pace although target for that whole session will be all reps sub 1:29.9 pace.

It's not a 1k or 2k,5k,6k etc in training for but a 500m TT @ 1:29.9 ave, look at my last 500mTT.

Give me a few weeks hey :wink:

Now I am leaving this as of now, please do not like Anth comment on a session that forced a days rest
and had my legs with huge lactate.

And yes you both are wrong, as mentioned that was MAX session, at your or Anth's max like mine
I look forward to the reports.

In a few weeks I plan to do that session much faster, as mentioned Anth has 4 x 250/4'r all reps
at 1:29.9, now as also mentioned we both now he can't do that for 1 rep let alone 4 off them
so how the hell is 4' to long of a rest with that pace in mind. :roll:
cannondalerugby5
500m Poster
 
Posts: 93
Joined: January 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Location: Durham - England

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 4:02 am

Thanks for kind reply Steve.

No it's my goal, I respect everyones efforts and PB's on all levels, it's me against the monitor.

My point being (only) as Pete M also mentioned I might be faster but the effort is still the same,
I am very focused on what I have to do, slow as it is compared to most it's my Goal and I will
be very proud "if" I can get 1:29.9 ave for 500m, lots of work ahead, it will be slow for a few weeks
but that's fine.

No worries my end.

And yes I do have a plan. Good luck on your Goals, but its comments on sessions that hurt "me" and seem slow
to others, yes it will be but in a few weeks time I will have tested the water so to speak.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 6:08 am

5000m warm up @ 21:40.1/23


500m target to beat last time which was a max 500m TT @ 1:43.7 ave legs seized last 80m completely.

Must say no lactate in legs, felt very strong and beat TT without trying to hard. :D

1:43.0 @ 500m @ 1:43.0/32

:21.0 @ 100m @ 1:45.0/31
:20.9 @ 200m @ 1:44.5/32
:20.7 @ 300m @ 1:43.5/32
:20.5 @ 400m @ 1:42.5/32
:19.9 @ 500m @ 1:39.5/36

Not bad for 5 days work, a huge amount of hard graft ahead. (Thanks Shawn).
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby cannondalerugby5 » April 21st, 2017, 7:47 am

paul45 wrote:5000m warm up @ 21:40.1/23


500m target to beat last time which was a max 500m TT @ 1:43.7 ave legs seized last 80m completely.

Must say no lactate in legs, felt very strong and beat TT without trying to hard. :D

1:43.0 @ 500m @ 1:43.0/32

:21.0 @ 100m @ 1:45.0/31
:20.9 @ 200m @ 1:44.5/32
:20.7 @ 300m @ 1:43.5/32
:20.5 @ 400m @ 1:42.5/32
:19.9 @ 500m @ 1:39.5/36

Not bad for 5 days work, a huge amount of hard graft ahead. (Thanks Shawn).



Strong finish Paul,bodes well for the future.
cannondalerugby5
500m Poster
 
Posts: 93
Joined: January 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Location: Durham - England

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 21st, 2017, 1:16 pm

Thanks Steve, full slide and low DF, feel fresh and ready for tomorrows sprints with short rest,
lung killer of a session but that is what im after.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby paul45 » April 22nd, 2017, 7:11 am

5000m warm up @ 21:39.6/23 (2:10 flat)

5 x 150m/1:30r

2:22.9 @ 750m @ 1:35.2/38

:28.8 @ 150m @ 1:36.0/38
:28.8 @ 150m @ 1:36.0/38
:28.7 @ 150m @ 1:35.6/38
:28.6 @ 150m @ 1:35.3/38
:28.0 @ 150m @ 1:33.3/41

Low DF and full slide (I must stop hitting the chain guard with handle) :D

Just looking at old folder 11 x 250m/30", dust off the cowbwebs. Wish I tested years ago :(

Anyway got the right effect from that session, just get it in.
500m TT Target @ 1:29.9 ave

PB @ 500m @ 1:35.0
paul45
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby Anth_F » April 22nd, 2017, 11:12 am

cannondalerugby5 wrote:I may have Miss read but I don't think Anth was being critical of you and your program.


Unfortunately, Paul likes to jump to conclusions! He reads into things completely the wrong way. He also has a bad habit of being very confrontational and hurling out insults, which for most of the time has been uncalled for from what i have witnessed.
Male, 39, 5'10, 75kg (Started rowing on June 9th 2016)

PB's (500m)1:36.3 (2k)7:23.2 (5k)19:38.4 (6k)23:58.8 (30:00)7518

2014 model E

Rest in peace Christina Grimmie 1994-2016. Heaven gained another angel
User avatar
Anth_F
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: June 29th, 2016, 11:59 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Sprints and Stuff- training/questions 1k and below

Postby Citroen » April 22nd, 2017, 11:26 am

Anth_F wrote:
cannondalerugby5 wrote:I may have Miss read but I don't think Anth was being critical of you and your program.


Unfortunately, Paul likes to jump to conclusions! He reads into things completely the wrong way. He also has a bad habit of being very confrontational and hurling out insults, which for most of the time has been uncalled for from what i have witnessed.

If Paul is being a pain again, then please report his posts -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ there's a littleImage button up there


If he gets enough reports he gets a forum ban for a week, otherwise they just get silently removed from the forum before the flame wars begin.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Training

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: derico, remisture and 14 guests