Training with Other Indoor Rowers Chicago Suburbs

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.

Training with Other Indoor Rowers Chicago Suburbs

Postby agbrodie » January 3rd, 2018, 6:54 pm

Hi Everybody:
I have been using the concept2 rower for 3 years on and off.
I try to row 3-4 days a week in the winter months.
There are 2 ergs at my health club in Arlington Hts, Il. People use them mainly to warm up for other fitness activities.
I follow the BPP when I train. Now, I would like to train with others.
Do you know of any rowing clubs which hold group practices in the Chicago suburbs.
Thanks and happy rowing to you in 2018.
Spike Brodie
67 yr old
220 lbs.
agbrodie
Paddler

Re: Training with Other Indoor Rowers Chicago Suburbs

Postby RowerGal » January 3rd, 2018, 9:52 pm

Hi Spike.
I am an avid indoor rower in your area and am following the PP also. I have been looking for rowing-only training groups out this way for a while, but have come up with nothing so far. There is an excellent CrossFit gym in Arlington Heights that has a Rowing Boot Camp class on weekends (with at least 8 ergs) that I have attended several times, but that is the only rowing-focused class that I know of.

Also, there is a Pete Plan Thread that was just (re)started on this forum today for the new year that you might want to pop into and take a look at for some online motivation while you train. Will watch this thread to see if others have any insight to rowing training groups close to us. Happy rowing!
53 y/o, Female, 5'10", 142#, Full PP, Fitness Matters
RowerGal
Paddler

Postby mdpfirrman » January 4th, 2018, 8:28 am

Aside from the Pete Plan thread (which is great but I'm biased :wink: ), consider Facebook too (there are lots of rowing groups there for motivation). Also, RowPro and LiveRowing are also fantastic too for more interaction. Unfortunately, training with others in person is rare unless there's a dedicated rowing gym.

Mike Pfirrman
53 Yrs old, 5' 10" / 185 lbs (177cm/84kg)
mdpfirrman
10k Poster

Postby agbrodie » January 12th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the info.
agbrodie
Paddler

Return to Training