Concept 2 "Triathlon"

If you run, cycle, swim, play ball, ride, whatever, this is the forum for you.

Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Postby dcpattie » June 1st, 2016, 11:51 am

Simple race - 5k rowing erg, 5k skierg, 5k run.

I'm thinking anything under 1-hour would be a good time. Folks that can go sub 18 minutes in all three events would be exceptional.

Who's in?
dcpattie
Paddler

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Postby Carl Watts » June 2nd, 2016, 12:39 am

That would be good times, what with a week between the events ? to do all three one after the other with no rest, thats a time for superman.

Thats a no can do for me no matter how its run. it took me 12 minutes to "Run" 2.4Km and that was after weeks of training. There was not a single person on the test running 2.4Km anything near 9 minutes. From memory the best time was 9:30.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log
Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster

Postby Oldcolonial » February 9th, 2017, 1:57 pm

A couple of years ago I saw a crossfit games triple 3 workout that includes a rowing leg. It is a 3K row, 300 double under jump ropes, run three miles. This workout hinges on the jump rope skill / efficiency with that exercise will have the biggest impact on your time. First time I did it, it took me just under 45 minutes. I was fairly practiced with the jump rope. Since then I have gotten the time down close to 40 minutes. Mostly by getting more efficient at jumping rope.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
Oldcolonial
Paddler

Postby CaseyClarke » March 16th, 2017, 3:02 pm

dcpattie wrote:Simple race - 5k rowing erg, 5k skierg, 5k run.

I'm thinking anything under 1-hour would be a good time. Folks that can go sub 18 minutes in all three events would be exceptional.

Who's in?

Could currently do both the 5k row and ski in under 18 minutes with probably only limited rest (less than 1 minute) but would be 21:00 to 21:30 ish on the 5k run. Would be close to an hour with transitions. Definitely quicker than 62 minutes!
CaseyClarke
Paddler

Return to Cross-Training