Please recommend a “shoulder health” workout

General discussions about getting and staying fit that don't relate directly to your indoor rower

Re: Please recommend a “shoulder health” workout

Postby Dangerscouse » August 13th, 2017, 10:53 am

Ok, best of luck with the appointment and hopefully it might have sorted itself out in two weeks. The shoulder is a complex part of the body and when you get it sorted it might be worth incorporating another shoulder exercise that I do, and I've never seen anyone else do, not sure why.

Lean against a wall, grab a light dumbbell and raise one arm out at 90 degrees, against the wall, bending at the elbow so it's an underhand grip on the dumbbell with it straight out from the wall and then lower and raise for reps.

I've possibly described it badly but it's like the waving cat you see in Chinese restaurants, and manages to hit the delts in a slightly different way to the usual pressing movements.

Probably not going to be good for you at the moment though, one for the future to maintain good delt health
43 Years Old; 6' 4"; 96kg; 2k= 6'45; 5k= 17'46; 10k= 36'21 HM= 1'19" 31; FM= 2'54.27; 75k=TBC; 100k= TBC; 12 Hours= TBC
Dangerscouse
Paddler

Previous

Return to Health & Fitness