Performance Diet Types and Terminology

General discussions about getting and staying fit that don't relate directly to your indoor rower

Re: Performance Diet Types and Terminology

Postby Tim K. » June 9th, 2016, 6:39 pm

hjs, very little of what you have said with respect to LC diets and the current understanding of what drives obesity from the most up to date LC perspective is accurate or of any value.

Admin, from my perspective the back and forth between myself and hjs has resulted in nothing of value. Please feel free to consult with Lefty to sanitize the thread as you see fit.

Lefty, I apologize.
Tim K.
2k Poster

Postby jamesg » June 10th, 2016, 2:28 am

Experiment is king. Let us know your results.
77y, 188cm, 85kg, MHR 160. Last 2k (12-17) 8.20@25
jamesg
10k Poster

Postby hjs » June 10th, 2016, 3:03 am

jamesg wrote:Experiment is king. Let us know your results.

Indeed.
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby hjs » June 10th, 2016, 3:09 am

Tim K. wrote:hjs, very little of what you have said with respect to LC diets and the current understanding of what drives obesity from the most up to date LC perspective is accurate or of any value.

Admin, from my perspective the back and forth between myself and hjs has resulted in nothing of value. Please feel free to consult with Lefty to sanitize the thread as you see fit.

Lefty, I apologize.

Really.

="Tim K."]

I basically agree with everything else you said.

Good to know how consistant you are, that quote was a few posts back....

I will certainly not that my contribution gets deleted, its your limited understanding of health and training in general that is the limiting factor. Your bring very little, ask a million questions, and don,t like the answers. Its certainly not up to you to judge the content of this thread.

What I certainly very dislike is the fact you kept on nagging on me, I told you I found most things, very much common sence, I went to the trouble giving you answers, and now you want that trouble erased.
I know you again won,t grasph why, but don,t botter to ask me stuff again, I won,t bother to put my time in again.
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby skiffrace » June 10th, 2016, 7:09 am

Experiment is king. Let us know your results.

That should not be called an "experiment" but rather "semi-anectodal evidence" by individual who already arrived to conclusions and now cherry-picks "evidence" to support his beliefs.
skiffrace
500m Poster

Postby jamesg » June 10th, 2016, 10:22 am

Lunch today with terrina di formaggi e verdure alla griglia followed by spaghettini with cheese sauce and black truffle, nosiola, sweets to choice, coffee. No problems, but no idea or care as to how it fits into the grand scheme of things, 50€ for 2.
jamesg
10k Poster

Postby hjs » June 10th, 2016, 11:21 am

jamesg wrote:Lunch today with terrina di formaggi e verdure alla griglia followed by spaghettini with cheese sauce and black truffle, nosiola, sweets to choice, coffee. No problems, but no idea or care as to how it fits into the grand scheme of things, 50€ for 2.

Sounds nice :D
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby G-dub » June 10th, 2016, 5:34 pm

Burp
Glenn Walters: 5'-8" X 205 lbs. Bday 01/09/1962
G-dub
Half Marathon Poster

Postby left coaster » June 10th, 2016, 7:02 pm

In Switzerland right now, then down to Sicily -- I'll be eating some interesting things over the next couple weeks. James, that dinner sounds divine - where do you live?

It will cost the equivalent of $50 for a drop in at the nearby gym were I'm staying in the Zurich area... that's just too much for this guy. Walks and keeping the carbs down will be my training program for a bit, might find my way into the mountains for a day or so. I'll probably need to get back on some steady 10k's when I get back to regain the cardio base :)

Tim, you still seem stressed out dude. Consider the starchy carbs and serotonin connection, it may take the edge of your dopamine driven attention but unwinding once in a while is helpful. It's not just HJS on this thread that you've been twitchy with.
100m: 15.5, 1Min: 353, 500m: 1:29, 5K: 19:41.2, 10K: 40:46

"The difficult is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer"

6'1", 235, 47yrs, male
Started rowing September 2015
left coaster
2k Poster

Postby skiffrace » June 10th, 2016, 7:46 pm

then down to Sicily -- I'll be eating some interesting things over the next couple weeks. James, that dinner sounds divine - where do you live?

In Italy yet? Have you noticed how slim, trim, and overall good-looking the Italians are?
Ask them about the details of the low-carb diet they are following.
skiffrace
500m Poster

Postby Tim K. » June 10th, 2016, 8:12 pm

Really not feeling much stress at all. Simply an A type personality with a loathing for inaccurate/wrong/misleading information and the people who disseminate. hjs has a lot of good info and experience to share. Unfortunately he seems to have a bit of a god complex and cant accept the idea he dosnt know everything, cant tolerate being challenged, wont listen to anyone or take the time to actually look at the info used to support an opposing idea or concept. It is irritating when you attempt to share information and have someone like that around. Stressed? No. Sick of some of the surroundings? You bet! Id love to have continued to learn from and share with others who are like minded but with people like hjs around thats going to take way more effort than its worth.
Tim K.
2k Poster

Postby jackarabit » June 10th, 2016, 9:06 pm

Gotta chase that pasta and the gallon of extra-virgin with a trunkful of vino da tavolo. Speaking of performance diets, youse guys know why the chukar partridge outran Martin Luther?
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Training Log
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster

Postby lindsayh » June 10th, 2016, 10:43 pm

jamesg wrote:Lunch today with terrina di formaggi e verdure alla griglia followed by spaghettini with cheese sauce and black truffle, nosiola, sweets to choice, coffee. No problems, but no idea or care as to how it fits into the grand scheme of things, 50€ for 2.

Lunch => one carrot and one banana on the run at work!
you win James
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster

Postby jamesg » June 11th, 2016, 12:19 am

James, that dinner sounds divine - where do you live?

In the South Tyrol, Rovereto. In recent decades the Italians have been working hard on quality and we can get real grub, quasi gourmet, for the price of a pizza: so long as the shop's well organised. The place we go to has just one hors d'oeuvre, one first, one second, all chalked up on the board outside their front door. But a large choice of desserts and local wines. Long gone are the days when wine could be made with dyes and meths. Growers are not allowed to produce more than a certain amount of grape per hectare, of a given type only, and Big Brother is watching them, even via satellite we're told.

Gotta chase that pasta and the gallon of extra-virgin with a trunkful of vino da tavolo.

Our staple diet, not forgetting Parmigiano-Reggiano, prosciutto crudo, minestrone, risotto and all the other delicacies that cause us sudden death at 80 plus.
jamesg
10k Poster

Postby left coaster » June 11th, 2016, 12:27 am

I thought you would be in Italy.

Off topic, but what is your take on the current situation in Sicily? A newspaper in Canada recently printed this http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... e30390326/

Do you think it's accurate, and if so, does it actually represent a change in the region in terms of safety at night?

It seems I've arrived during football season :)

Tim-bo Slice -- you do realize there is an ignore function on this forum, right? B)
100m: 15.5, 1Min: 353, 500m: 1:29, 5K: 19:41.2, 10K: 40:46

"The difficult is what takes a little time; the impossible is what takes a little longer"

6'1", 235, 47yrs, male
Started rowing September 2015
left coaster
2k Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Fitness