Page 1 of 1

Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 5:11 am
by Gammmmo
Having used creatine monohydrate before and seeing a few gains with weights e.g. 1 or 2 extra reps instantly, I'm struggling to see any benefits with the above. Think I may've just wasted some of my hard earned cash. :roll:
(fwiw the CEE is supposedly a non bloating / water retaining version of monohydrate).

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 8:11 am
by ArmandoChavezUNC
CEE (creatine ethyl ester) is nowhere near as effective as creatine monohydrate - a quick google search will tell you as much (there are even studies on it). Apparently it's no better than a placebo.

Stick to good old tried-and-tested creatine monohydrate.

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 8:50 am
by Gammmmo
Armando, I went for CEE on the grounds that it didn't give bloating so was *hoping* I wouldn't get weight gain with it. TBF there was conflicting advice with CEE but I took a punt and obviously didn't pay off! :(

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 9:57 am
by hjs
Gammmmo wrote:Armando, I went for CEE on the grounds that it didn't give bloating so was *hoping* I wouldn't get weight gain with it. TBF there was conflicting advice with CEE but I took a punt and obviously didn't pay off! :(


You need that weightgain, the creatinefosfat holds water. In you don,t hold water, you don,t have the creatine in your muscle either.

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 9:10 am
by Gammmmo
FWIW I bought this:

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutriti ... 30204.html

and most of the reviews that weren't good were referring to the bad taste (it does indeed taste vile) rather than ineffectiveness. Tempted to get some mono now.

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: October 5th, 2016, 6:07 am
by heroesfitness
Try USN Crea X4 capsules it has creatine pyruvate in which a few companies are using instead of CEE as CEE has a poor uptake and results are pretty poor

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: October 5th, 2016, 8:48 am
by nsgymd
I use creatine monohydrate from Parrillo Performance: https://www.parrilloperformance.com/pro ... te-powder/

A recent article on this supplement: https://www.parrilloperformance.com/creatine-power/

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: October 5th, 2016, 11:48 am
by Anth_F
heroesfitness wrote:Try USN Crea X4 capsules it has creatine pyruvate in which a few companies are using instead of CEE as CEE has a poor uptake and results are pretty poor


Nothing at all to do with what you said here! I just noticed in your sig you enjoy Golf and Snooker!!

Great games, that i also have had a very big long time interest in :)

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 3:13 am
by Gammmmo
UPDATE: did indeed switch to creatine mono and did notice a difference in the weight room, adding a few reps here and there immediately. The more I read/hear about creatine the better it seems - has all sorts of benefits including for the brain too!

I actually tried creatine back in ~1990 when it was available in large tablets and the trade name was "ergomax" IIRC and from I think a company that produced one of the very first glucose polymer powder drinks called Maxim. It felt as though I was taking something dodgy back then and the ironic thing was I wasn't probably taking enough of it to get the benefits either!

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 4:40 pm
by Dangerscouse
Totally agree re CEE...awful taste and useless.

I was reading about Beta Alanine recently and the fact that you need to take it for 4 weeks until it makes a difference. It was an official academic paper and not just someone who had decided that they were an expert, so it might be worth trying over a longer time frame.

The problem with that is that I guess it will be hard to differentiate between Beta Alanine benefits and standard incremental improvements over a 4 week period.

Re: Beta Alanine & Creatine Ethyl Ester

PostPosted: September 7th, 2017, 5:08 pm
by mdpfirrman
Dangerscouse wrote:Totally agree re CEE...awful taste and useless.

I was reading about Beta Alanine recently and the fact that you need to take it for 4 weeks until it makes a difference. It was an official academic paper and not just someone who had decided that they were an expert, so it might be worth trying over a longer time frame.

The problem with that is that I guess it will be hard to differentiate between Beta Alanine benefits and standard incremental improvements over a 4 week period.


Two supplements that I've been reading a lot about (one I take, another I'm getting for my wife and might consider for myself) are Astaxanthin. Great supplement well known among triathletes. It's just being researched more recently related to oxidative stress and pain, especially with Omega 3s. Also, seems Astaxanthin is also great for liver health.

The other is L-Carnosine, which is more or less a Beta Alanine stack. Reading some really amazing studies on that too. Supposed to be a really superb anti-aging molecule. Also helps with oxidative stress, mitochondrial function and performance.