Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm

The only member of your team with a non-standard password is: "Dan Hunter Evans".

All these folks: "Zoe Osborne", "Alex Purcell", "Michelle Spates", "Fleur Blanford", "Cathy Shepherd", "Will Blanford", "Richard Abell", "Charlotte Waggott", "Roger Tivey", "Sian Howell", "Jim Baird", "Nick Fennell", "Tom Hall", "Sue Ellery", "Sean Tarling", "Matt Ely", "Rowena Suthers", "Angus Woodhams", "Zoe Hughes" have the same password.

The registration panel is a bit picky and shows it's age as 2005 technology. The entry panel doesn't scale well because it was never designed for 7491 registered users with 151 challenges and 54,430 unique entries.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 7th, 2017, 1:46 pm

jackarabit wrote:
Citroen wrote:
Kafka wrote:Good to see Usain not wasting his retirement.

353 Usain Bolt M Sub 7 XI 9:00.0 22:30.0 0.1

May be some technique issues though.


Whoever did that will get a lifetime ban from the CTC if they do it again.


Any ideas who posted as Bolt, Doug? Disgraceful!


If it happens again I'll ask Daren to go searching the server logs for an IP address. It's childish, not clever and it ruins the whole CTC for everyone.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » August 7th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Why wait? Looks to have already happened twice if this photomontage from Faceplant groups of 5 July can be trusted?

Image
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby ZoeO » August 7th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Citroen wrote:The only member of your team with a non-standard password is: "Dan Hunter Evans".

All these folks: "Zoe Osborne", "Alex Purcell", "Michelle Spates", "Fleur Blanford", "Cathy Shepherd", "Will Blanford", "Richard Abell", "Charlotte Waggott", "Roger Tivey", "Sian Howell", "Jim Baird", "Nick Fennell", "Tom Hall", "Sue Ellery", "Sean Tarling", "Matt Ely", "Rowena Suthers", "Angus Woodhams", "Zoe Hughes" have the same password.

The registration panel is a bit picky and shows it's age as 2005 technology. The entry panel doesn't scale well because it was never designed for 7491 registered users with 151 challenges and 54,430 unique entries.


Yes, it's Dan Hunter Evans result that I can't post. I tried resetting his passord and also setting him up as a new rower but I think I was just making things worse :roll: Is it possible to delete him and then re-add him? Thank you :-)
ZoeO
Paddler
 
Posts: 12
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 7th, 2017, 3:04 pm

ZoeO wrote:Yes, it's Dan Hunter Evans result that I can't post. I tried resetting his passord and also setting him up as a new rower but I think I was just making things worse :roll: Is it possible to delete him and then re-add him? Thank you :-)

I've copied the hashed password from another user, so he should now work.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby ZoeO » August 7th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Citroen wrote:
ZoeO wrote:Yes, it's Dan Hunter Evans result that I can't post. I tried resetting his passord and also setting him up as a new rower but I think I was just making things worse :roll: Is it possible to delete him and then re-add him? Thank you :-)

I've copied the hashed password from another user, so he should now work.



Thank you very much.
ZoeO
Paddler
 
Posts: 12
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby IMHester » August 10th, 2017, 9:53 am

Dougie:

Never thanked you for adding me to the challenge a few months ago so, THANKS!!! Happy to see that I may actually have a chance to be on a full boat this month for the Flyers.
-Chris Hester
45 / 6'1" / 285 lbs
IMHester
500m Poster
 
Posts: 70
Joined: January 21st, 2017, 1:23 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby gregory.cook » August 25th, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'm not sure if this has been communicated yet, but Team Oarsome picked an unrestricted 6K for September.
Age: 48, Weight: 155 lbs, Height: 5' 9"

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. -- Albert Camus
User avatar
gregory.cook
6k Poster
 
Posts: 726
Joined: October 21st, 2006, 10:17 pm
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 26th, 2017, 9:42 am

gregory.cook wrote:I'm not sure if this has been communicated yet, but Team Oarsome picked an unrestricted 6K for September.

Thanks Greg. That's suitably communicated.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Tinpusher » August 28th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Hi Dougie, last month's CTC seems to have a rogue entry at the top.
Cheers!
Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 50 6ft 4in/1.94m 220lb/100kg
PBsImage
User avatar
Tinpusher
2k Poster
 
Posts: 255
Joined: June 11th, 2006, 12:43 pm
Location: Caledon East, ON

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » August 28th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Doug, Jean requests that you remove her "rogue entry" from the July ctc. I did a bit of sleuthing and noticed that the time of 55.3" is identical to her time for the August 200m which she rowed (ED verified) and submitted on 8/4/17. She did not do the July pyramid. :?:

Screen shot below shows five entries for July with Aug submission dates. Wondrous strange! Not a single rogue but what appear to be five entries submitted subsequent to closing date of challenge.

Image
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 28th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Deleted.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby lindsayh » August 29th, 2017, 2:06 am

maybe its struggling with all the entries - close to a record??
Dougie there is another weird one - Glen Rhook (a Flyer) started the month as a LWT and morphed into a HWT without him eating (or changing) anything! "It" won't let us change him back - password won't give access??!!
Thanks
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 29th, 2017, 3:31 am

Changed him to a MLWT. His password is somewhat familiar to him, his father, his paternal grandfather and so on (complete with a capital letter). [MD5 rainbow tables worked for that password.]
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4979
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby lindsayh » August 29th, 2017, 6:37 am

Citroen wrote:Changed him to a MLWT. His password is somewhat familiar to him, his father, his paternal grandfather and so on (complete with a capital letter). [MD5 rainbow tables worked for that password.]

thanks Dougie - that was the password we tried I think but will check again - great that is fixed
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests