Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 2nd, 2017, 11:21 am

I've deleted those rogue entries for July (CTC150) and August (CTC151).

You'll need to talk to Daren Chandisingh if you think there's a bug in the CTC software. I did ask if he would let me have full admin rights on the server (more than just DB admin), answer came there none.

If I can get full control to that I'll re-write things like the awful login pull-down (try that on a mobile phone) and the sign-up process (which appears to have a default password when one isn't provided).
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » September 2nd, 2017, 1:41 pm

Citroen wrote:I've deleted those rogue entries for July (CTC150) and August (CTC151).

You'll need to talk to Daren Chandisingh if you think there's a bug in the CTC software. I did ask if he would let me have full admin rights on the server (more than just DB admin), answer came there none.

If I can get full control to that I'll re-write things like the awful login pull-down (try that on a mobile phone) and the sign-up process (which appears to have a default password when one isn't provided).


For those who desire to put shoulder to wheel re: updating and admin of CTC program, contact:

dc [at] kop [dot] org

Make your case brief, positive, polite.
Last edited by Citroen on September 2nd, 2017, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It's bad netiquette to post someone's email without their knowledge/permission [edited it to make it less obvious and not an active spam trap]
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby rosco777 » September 2nd, 2017, 3:27 pm

Those rogue entries, how are they even possible? As March has one too. Dated 10th of April. By that time you have uploaded the new challenge and any scores logged are assigned to the new current challenge? Or am I missing something that it's possible to log for past challenges?
That's why I think there is a bug because to log a score on 10th of April for March's challenge isn't possible.
rosco777
Paddler
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 12:35 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 2nd, 2017, 4:10 pm

rosco777 wrote:Those rogue entries, how are they even possible? As March has one too. Dated 10th of April. By that time you have uploaded the new challenge and any scores logged are assigned to the new current challenge? Or am I missing something that it's possible to log for past challenges?
That's why I think there is a bug because to log a score on 10th of April for March's challenge isn't possible.

That's the mystery that young Daren needs to answer.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » September 2nd, 2017, 5:39 pm

Sorry bout the deplorable netiquette. I'm just a poor country boy and far from my home. I do understand the need for absolute spamvigilance :!:

I also understand the need for a tactful appeal to "young Daren" as our quarry appears to be a man of substantial accomplishment and influence--an eminent Lancastrian if you will. This cat has no need to cave to demands on his time or good will but he is an active sportsman and may be generous if approached rather than reproached. Think thou upon't.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 2nd, 2017, 6:44 pm

Last time I communicated with Daren was through Twitter (@wwwicked). That was when FIRT broke the CTC.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby joe80 » September 6th, 2017, 8:51 am

The 34.3s performance that currently heads the leaderboard is, very probably, a refugee from last month's challenge.

Regards,

Joe
joe80
1k Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: April 9th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » September 6th, 2017, 11:50 am

joe80 wrote:The 34.3s performance that currently heads the leaderboard is, very probably, a refugee from last month's challenge.

Regards,

Joe


Very likely imo. The "skewing" of July pyramid results which Rod complained of earlier (in FF team thread) appears to have been caused by my wife's 55.3" time for August 200m (entered 4 August) mysteriously migrating to July results. Not as simple as the program accepting "late" entries; looks like legitimate (or at least plausible) entries for one month can also appear in either preceding or subsequent months. A la carte challenges to the most obvious examples is not the fix for corrupted or buggy software.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby hjs » September 7th, 2017, 3:27 am

Ctc is certainly broken in a way, more and more entries from the month before pop op.
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
User avatar
hjs
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Location: Amstelveen the netherlands

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 7th, 2017, 4:00 am

It is a code bug where Daren isn't testing the ctc_challenges.challenge_open column before allowing or disallowing an entry.

So it's nothing I can fix.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby gregory.cook » September 7th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Can the entry for Fay Jordan be deleted? She has tried to update it to the correct 25:06.x but is having some sort of difficulty.
Age: 47, Weight: 154 lbs, Height: 5' 9"

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. -- Albert Camus
User avatar
gregory.cook
6k Poster
 
Posts: 726
Joined: October 21st, 2006, 10:17 pm
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 7th, 2017, 3:01 pm

gregory.cook wrote:Can the entry for Fay Jordan be deleted? She has tried to update it to the correct 25:06.x but is having some sort of difficulty.

Hi Greg, She was entering the minutes in the seconds box.

The layout is horribly confusing especially on a mobile phone. The minutes go to the left of the label.

c2ctc.jpg
c2ctc.jpg (5.42 KiB) Viewed 246 times
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby bojam » September 13th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Could the entry be checked to see whether it was between sensible watts ie 50w to 1500w in any challenge?
bojam
Paddler
 
Posts: 29
Joined: January 22nd, 2014, 5:11 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 14th, 2017, 1:36 pm

bojam wrote:Could the entry be checked to see whether it was between sensible watts ie 50w to 1500w in any challenge?

That needs a code change. Ask Daren.
Daren already needs a code change to check that a challenge is open before accepting an entry.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby ZoeO » September 14th, 2017, 3:30 pm

I'm having problems submitting a time for one of our rowers- Isenhurst Rowers, rower name Keith Keaveney-would it be possible for someone to have a look please? Thank you .
ZoeO
Paddler
 
Posts: 11
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex

PreviousNext

Return to Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests