Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » August 29th, 2017, 9:02 am

Vewy intewesting, to say the--uh-- weast! The entries in July with August dates (the five most recent entries at top) all had reasonable times with my wife's the exception. After deletion of Jean's record, there are five entries in July table with plausible times for a 4k pyramid AND August entry dates.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » August 31st, 2017, 9:23 pm

c2ctc.png
c2ctc.png (26.82 KiB) Viewed 264 times


Does anyone else find those results at the bottom of the 200m CTC somewhat implausible. Was Mr Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo?
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby rosco777 » August 31st, 2017, 9:27 pm

Citroen wrote:
c2ctc.png


Does anyone else find those results at the bottom of the 200m CTC somewhat implausible. Was Mr Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo?


=Kids
rosco777
Paddler
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 12:35 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Rod » September 1st, 2017, 3:37 am

Citroen wrote:
Does anyone else find those results at the bottom of the 200m CTC somewhat implausible. Was Mr Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo?


You're in the same club as him, do you not have a way of communicating with him?
60 year old Lightweight male. Based in Sussex, just south of London, England. Best 2k recently.. 6:59.2 on 15th February 2017
Rod
2k Poster
 
Posts: 321
Joined: December 21st, 2016, 9:55 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Starks » September 1st, 2017, 4:06 am

Hi Citroen,

Could you delete the user Island Helen please on the CTC board, dupe user :) THanks!
Starks
Paddler
 
Posts: 18
Joined: February 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 1st, 2017, 5:46 am

Done.

We're still over 900 entries and 164 floating boats for August (including Steve Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo).
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby lindsayh » September 1st, 2017, 7:19 am

Citroen wrote:Done. We're still over 900 entries and 164 floating boats for August (including Steve Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo).


There is an aberrant August entry on top of the early 6ks Dougie
Lindsay
65yo 89kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Recess » September 1st, 2017, 7:26 am

Citroen wrote:
c2ctc.png


Does anyone else find those results at the bottom of the 200m CTC somewhat implausible. Was Mr Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo?


Jaime (884) is my 7 year old daughter - I'd assume scores lower than hers are also kids.
Recess
Paddler
 
Posts: 12
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 5:10 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 1st, 2017, 7:29 am

lindsayh wrote:
Citroen wrote:Done. We're still over 900 entries and 164 floating boats for August (including Steve Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo).


There is an aberrant August entry on top of the early 6ks Dougie


Looks like that one by Gwendoline has been updated with a 6K score.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » September 1st, 2017, 9:59 am

Citroen wrote:Done.

We're still over 900 entries and 164 floating boats for August (including Steve Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo).


So much jaw flapping over Berridge and the "development" age ergers but the block of August late entries (9/1/17) go unnoticed? Same in July with "most recent" dated from 8/1 to 8/14? WIll those entries stand? If so, why?
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Citroen » September 1st, 2017, 10:53 am

Entries are allowed up to 12 Noon UK local time (7am Eastern, 4am Pacific, 1am Honolulu (HAST)). The server's clock runs on UTC (no day-light saving) all year round.

It's been that way for all the time I've been adding things to the C2CTC database.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby joe80 » September 1st, 2017, 12:35 pm

Congratulations to Fitness Matters for winning the August challenge and, in the process reducing the gap to Sub7 at the head of the leaderboard to one point. Well done Sub7 for again launching the greatest number of boats.
The 200m sprint proved very popular with 900 individual entries and 164 completed boats.
ESPRIT, Red Line Rowers and FIRT have the October, November and December challenges in that order.
RC Mantova, Isenhurst Rowers and TRAIN , with three consecutive entries, may nominate a challenge but must contact me to claim this.

Image

Image

Regards,

Joe
joe80
1k Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: April 9th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby jackarabit » September 1st, 2017, 2:44 pm

Citroen wrote:Entries are allowed up to 12 Noon UK local time (7am Eastern, 4am Pacific, 1am Honolulu (HAST)). The server's clock runs on UTC (no day-light saving) all year round.

It's been that way for all the time I've been adding things to the C2CTC database.


There is no local time either side of the international dateline that could conceivably allow valid submission subsequent to the first day of the month following challenge month. Is there an exception being made for Janine L. (entry date 8/18), Ian S. (8/14), and Dan Stanley (8/04) for the July challenge? [see screengrab below]

Image
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Image
Training Log
User avatar
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby rosco777 » September 1st, 2017, 2:54 pm

jackarabit wrote:
Citroen wrote:Entries are allowed up to 12 Noon UK local time (7am Eastern, 4am Pacific, 1am Honolulu (HAST)). The server's clock runs on UTC (no day-light saving) all year round.

It's been that way for all the time I've been adding things to the C2CTC database.



There is no local time either side of the international dateline that could conceivably allow valid submission subsequent to the first day of the month following challenge month. Is there an exception being made for Janine L. (entry date 8/18), Ian S. (8/14), and Dan Stanley (8/04) for the July challenge? [see screengrab below]

Image


Must be a bug, March has entry on the 10th too. Impossible
rosco777
Paddler
 
Posts: 27
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 12:35 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Postby Rod » September 2nd, 2017, 9:36 am

jackarabit wrote:
Citroen wrote:Done.

We're still over 900 entries and 164 floating boats for August (including Steve Berridge sitting the wrong way round on his ergo).


So much jaw flapping over Berridge and the "development" age ergers but the block of August late entries (9/1/17) go unnoticed? Same in July with "most recent" dated from 8/1 to 8/14? WIll those entries stand? If so, why?


Looks like one for August was added today, the 2nd of September? :shock:
60 year old Lightweight male. Based in Sussex, just south of London, England. Best 2k recently.. 6:59.2 on 15th February 2017
Rod
2k Poster
 
Posts: 321
Joined: December 21st, 2016, 9:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest