BRIC 2016

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Re: BRIC 2016

Postby JohnAd » December 14th, 2016, 7:48 am

JohnAd
2k Poster

Postby JohnAd » December 15th, 2016, 4:07 am

Row2k - AM

Row2k - PM

Some good ones of Richard near the end in the AM series
JohnAd
2k Poster

Postby Pie Man » December 15th, 2016, 6:55 am

Thanks John, there is a great picture of me as well although I am moving so fast I'm a blur ;). I think that shot is around 6 minutes in, and I am head down and broken :)

The whole event is still a bit of a blur, it's only looking back at it that I realise how much I was affected post race with I my hearing and thought processes being impaired. So sorry to anyone I deafened and confused.

I went back at lunch time to watch the open races, I underestimated the number of people who would be watching so couldn't see Olivier, which was a shame. The racing was very impressive but you are slightly too far away with the track between you and the action.

Since the race I have done three gentle sessions, as I'm still feeling the after effects. I aim to get back into a more formal pattern next week, but Christmas is fast approaching so that may dent those aspirations.

Thanks everyone for the support and the great write ups of your day. I will be back next year where I should finish higher (if only because there were only 8 entries in the 50-54 LWT men this year), but I will need to beat my PB to not come last so that will be a good challenge.
Piers 50m 73Kg 175cm DF 116 (was 110 to 20/08/16) MHR 167
Pie Man
5k Poster

Postby mdpfirrman » December 15th, 2016, 9:27 am

Piers - Hope you stay in touch with the PP thread or the training thread. I'd enjoy cyber training with you since our training times are so similar. I'd be curious what your post PP / BIRC training plans are. Take the necessary time off and let's get to work again after the first!

Mike Pfirrman
53 Yrs old, 5' 10" / 185 lbs (177cm/84kg)
mdpfirrman
10k Poster

Postby le grand fromage » December 15th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Cheers for finding those pics, not that flattering but pretty much sums up what the end of a 2k feels like :lol:

Pie man, one of the reason's I write up a 'blog' after a race is that during the writing, things that happen during the race 'pop' into more focus (rather than being a blur). Makes a good reference to refer back to. Feeling a bit drained the week or so after is 'normal' as well (well it is for me). Between the race and New year I generally just tick over so as to try and not lose fitness then start a 'New' programme in the New year. I'm planning that out at the moment.
2k - "into that void of silence where we cry without sound"
le grand fromage
500m Poster

Previous

Return to Competition