Crash B registration

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Crash B registration

Postby sango » October 10th, 2016, 8:34 am

Hi Does anyone know when the registration opens for the 2017 crash b championships. Also is someone or some organisation dealing with UK entries as has been done previously.
sango
Paddler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 10th, 2016, 8:29 am

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Citroen » October 10th, 2016, 10:22 am

The Crash Borg website is still all set-up for 2016. You should give ISS and C2 UK a call to ask which one is supporting the UK team for 2017. ISS phone: +44 115 945 5522 Concept2 UK phone: +44 115 934 0140
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
 
Posts: 4961
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: Crash B registration

Postby sango » October 10th, 2016, 10:36 am

Cheers Dougie
sango
Paddler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 10th, 2016, 8:29 am

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Bob S. » October 10th, 2016, 12:00 pm

sango wrote:Hi Does anyone know when the registration opens for the 2017 crash b championships. Also is someone or some organisation dealing with UK entries as has been done previously.


It is usually late in November.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Cyclist2 » October 11th, 2016, 11:23 pm

Anyone have any idea of why it is earlier this year; February 12, as opposed to end of February or first of March?
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.
Cyclist2
5k Poster
 
Posts: 506
Joined: December 13th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Bob S. » October 11th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Late February is relatively new. There have been previous C-Bs that were held as early as the second week of February. It depends a lot on the availability of whatever venue is used at the time. The one that was used for the last few years, the Agganis (sp?), is mainly used for hockey in the Winter and is fairly heavily booked up.
Bob S.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Cyclingman1 » October 13th, 2016, 10:20 am

It makes all the satellite regattas be pushed up to late Jan or so. I think it is not a good move on the part of Crash B.
Cyclingman1
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Cyclist2 » October 15th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Bob S. wrote:Late February is relatively new. There have been previous C-Bs that were held as early as the second week of February. It depends a lot on the availability of whatever venue is used at the time. The one that was used for the last few years, the Agganis (sp?), is mainly used for hockey in the Winter and is fairly heavily booked up.
Bob S.


I was guessing venue availability issues.

Cyclingman1 wrote:It makes all the satellite regattas be pushed up to late Jan or so. I think it is not a good move on the part of Crash B.


Right! I'd like to do Ergomania in Seattle where I live, and the Mile High Sprints in Denver with my daughter, but in all likelihood they will be on the same day or at least the same weekend. I'm thinking there will be lots of erg races the weekend of 28/29 January.
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.
Cyclist2
5k Poster
 
Posts: 506
Joined: December 13th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Bob S. » October 15th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Cyclist2 wrote:Right! I'd like to do Ergomania in Seattle where I live, and the Mile High Sprints in Denver with my daughter, but in all likelihood they will be on the same day or at least the same weekend. I'm thinking there will be lots of erg races the weekend of 28/29 January.


A few of the 2017 events are now listed on the race calendar site (http://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/racing/calendar), but most of the listings are still the old 2016 events.

Bob S.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby lindsayh » October 15th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Cyclist2 wrote:Right! I'd like to do Ergomania in Seattle where I live, and the Mile High Sprints in Denver with my daughter, but in all likelihood they will be on the same day or at least the same weekend. I'm thinking there will be lots of erg races the weekend of 28/29 January.


Yes - all three Californian events are that weekend unfortunately - 3 days before I arrive in San Francisco!
My understanding is that it is all to do with the availability of Argannis arena and college sport. I think it was this early some years ago.
The really good thing this year is that they announced the date so early (June) rather than November which has been more common. It makes planning for those of us in other parts of the world so much easier. (A mate of mine turns 50 Feb 15 and planned to come - he is still doing it and using it as practice run for next year)
Starting to get excited now with all this Boston talk.
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Bob S. » October 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm

lindsayh wrote:My understanding is that it is all to do with the availability of Argannis arena and college sport. I think it was this early some years ago.


Probably, but it hasn't always been at that venue.
Crash-B History site wrote:Within a few short years C.R.A.S.H.-B. grew into the International World Indoor Rowing Championships that it is now. The regatta outgrew Newell, and then the IAB (The indoor Athletic Building, now the MAC, the Malkin Athletic Center), The QRAC (Radcliff Quadrangle Athletic Center), moving to MIT’s Rockwell Cage for many years. In 1995 the regatta moved to Harvard’s Indoor Track Facility, perhaps three times the size of the Rockwell Cage. In 1997 C.R.A.S.H.-B. moved to and even larger and ultra-modern facility, The Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center at Roxbury Community College. Since 2008, the venue is Boston University’s Agganis Arena, a state of the art facility just downstream of the original C.R.A.S.H.-B. site.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby ArmandoChavezUNC » October 17th, 2016, 8:11 am

lindsayh wrote:Starting to get excited now with all this Boston talk.


The big Boston talk right now is all about the Head of the Charles. Can't even begin to think about Crash-B's until after HOCR.
Image
ArmandoChavezUNC
6k Poster
 
Posts: 838
Joined: November 18th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Re: Crash B registration

Postby lindsayh » November 16th, 2016, 5:58 am

CRASH B registration is open on December 5 according to the website
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Crash B registration

Postby Cyclist2 » November 16th, 2016, 1:54 pm

C2 has updated the race calendar somewhat, and also the qualifying times for the flights to CRASH-Bs.
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.
Cyclist2
5k Poster
 
Posts: 506
Joined: December 13th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA

Re: Crash B registration

Postby lindsayh » December 5th, 2016, 5:56 pm

lindsayh wrote:CRASH B registration is open on December 5 according to the website


The rego is now official though not hotel information yet.
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Next

Return to Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests