How to: get fan moving for 500m?

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

Re: How to: get fan moving for 500m?

Postby jackarabit » July 21st, 2017, 9:13 am

Homecookn writes:
Only been using C2 for ten days . . . .

Work on your racing start (3/4-1/2-full) at your current drag factor or lower. Adapt to higher df in isolation from these windups. Combine only after a period of conditioning, thereby reducing risk of injury. Note that C2Jon and Lindsay H. offer similar advice earlier in case there's a reward available to first responders.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_70_5'-7"_164lb
Training Log
jackarabit
Half Marathon Poster

Postby c2jonw » July 21st, 2017, 9:47 am

If you’re normally at around 120 then yes I’d say 170 would be about right for a 500 PB attempt.

I also found that by repeating the attempt every few days I improved it a little each time so good luck with working it down over a series of them

I'm sure Rod means well but combining this advice with your very limited use of the rower is a recipe for injuries. I'll suggest again that you put the short stuff aside and work on the foundation first. C2JonW
66 year old living in Waterbury Center, Vermont, USA
Concept2 employee since 1980! and what a long, strange trip it's been......
c2jonw
2k Poster

Postby Rod » July 21st, 2017, 3:22 pm

c2jonw wrote:I'm sure Rod means well but combining this advice with your very limited use of the rower is a recipe for injuries. I'll suggest again that you put the short stuff aside and work on the foundation first. C2JonW

I agree c2jonw, I was forgetting how new he is so yes, maybe not a good idea to be going flat out just yet and build it up a bit first.
60 year old Lightweight male. Based in Sussex, just south of London, England. Best 2k recently.. 6:59.2 on 15th February 2017
Rod
2k Poster

Previous

Return to Competition