European Indoor Champs - 9th December. Why?!?!!

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.

European Indoor Champs - 9th December. Why?!?!!

Postby Recess » July 25th, 2017, 1:55 am

For some reason, this has really got under my skin this morning. Just saw the date for EuroIRC in Amsterdam announced on Facebook. It's the same day as BRIC.

WHY?

Surely they must have known.

Indoor Rowing as a sport it in a good place - and should be building and building, using these comps to bring in as many people as possible. Why clash and reduce entries?

</rant>

http://www.nkindoorroeien.nl/european-rowing-indoor-championships-2017-in-amsterdam/
John
Recess
Paddler

Re: European Indoor Champs - 9th December. Why?!?!!

Postby Gammmmo » July 25th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Happens all the time with cycle time trials...fewer and fewer events and no collusion on clashing. It reduces the number of chances you get to perform.
45M, 5'11", 72kg, ex bike time trialler.
Targets: 36:59(10K), >8200m (it will happen! I've just fallen off the wagon a bit lately), <6:45(2K)

Erg on!
Gammmmo
10k Poster

Postby hjs » July 25th, 2017, 1:20 pm

More or less fixed date in amsterdam, big event, but mostly focussed intern, so they don,t look at other events.

Every year I see races in the same weekend.
For my training see twitter @Hjsrowing
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby Cyclist2 » July 25th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Happens in the US during race season (January, early February), too. Too many races to divvy up the weekends. Most people only attend one, but the thought of doing one other than the closest one has crossed my mind - Seattle is very competitive, Dallas not so much, maybe I'll plan to visit my brother that weekend :D
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.
Cyclist2
5k Poster

Postby Two Pudding Kid » July 26th, 2017, 2:02 am

Please note: since upcoming edition is a European Championship and adjusted rules and regulations are applicable, it is not possible to participate in the contest when you are not an active member of a rowing association.

Due to the above I dont know if we would be all be allowed to enter - my club is virtual! Yep - it is a pain but thanks for the info so that I can cross Euros off my list for another year, (French Euros didnt happen for me due to being day after Manchester in 2017).

Usually use Germany as my international hunting ground for competitions - Starnberg 30 mins being one of my top priorities this spring on Feb 17 2018 http://www.ergoregatta.de/.
Two Pudding Kid
1k Poster

Postby bisqeet » July 26th, 2017, 9:01 am

Two Pudding Kid wrote:
Please note: since upcoming edition is a European Championship and adjusted rules and regulations are applicable, it is not possible to participate in the contest when you are not an active member of a rowing association.

Due to the above I dont know if we would be all be allowed to enter - my club is virtual! Yep - it is a pain but thanks for the info so that I can cross Euros off my list for another year, (French Euros didnt happen for me due to being day after Manchester in 2017).

Usually use Germany as my international hunting ground for competitions - Starnberg 30 mins being one of my top priorities this spring on Feb 17 2018 http://www.ergoregatta.de/.

will see you there :)
Dean
2017 Season: 196cm / 94kg : M48
Training Log - ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ -Blog
~seven days without rowing makes one weak~
bisqeet
10k Poster

Postby hjs » July 27th, 2017, 10:47 am

Two Pudding Kid wrote:

Would be wierd, 90% of indoorrowers would be out. Schoolkids and company teams also, and those are big classes.
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby hjs » October 7th, 2017, 10:17 am

Update, for all non rowers, there are now 64 seats per gender, no classes, no l/h, no age, only one winner.

Pretty bizar, the whole EC is gone now, no champions. Organizing club is otw, who clearly don,t give a hood about indoorrowing. Schoolteams, crossfitteams, company teams all out.
hjs
Marathon Poster

Postby lindsayh » October 7th, 2017, 8:42 pm

hjs wrote:Update, for all non rowers, there are now 64 seats per gender, no classes, no l/h, no age, only one winner.
Pretty bizar, the whole EC is gone now, no champions. Organizing club is otw, who clearly don,t give a hood about indoorrowing. Schoolteams, crossfitteams, company teams all out.

That's a nuisance Henry - if they don't want to do it properly then they should give it to someone else who will. I know here things are moving in a better direction - Rowing Australia are interested in including indoor rowing as part of their programs and organisation - nothing happening yet but is promising.
Lindsay
66yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs 1 min 362m ('15), 500m 1:25.4 ('14), 2k 6:46.1 ('15), 5km 18:07.9 ('16) HM @1:59.2 ('16)
lindsayh
10k Poster

Postby hjs » October 8th, 2017, 3:56 am

lindsayh wrote:
hjs wrote:Update, for all non rowers, there are now 64 seats per gender, no classes, no l/h, no age, only one winner.

That's a nuisance Henry - if they don't want to do it properly then they should give it to someone else who will. I know here things are moving in a better direction - Rowing Australia are interested in including indoor rowing as part of their programs and organisation - nothing happening yet but is promising.

Indeed, this ridiculous. Also don,t know why. This race is very succesfull, around 1400 people racing last year. Maybe its to getting to big, but if so make it two days instead..
Was last year in Paris France, people made a great job from it. Even pretty serious security.
This solution of 64 seats is a joke. A 60 year old lightweight will race 30 year old heavyweights.....
hjs
Marathon Poster

Return to Competition