My New Erg Adventure for Weight Loss and Health!

Rowing for weight loss or weight control? Start here.

Re: My New Erg Adventure for Weight Loss and Health!

Postby IMHester » October 19th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Well I'm checking in - been working long hours at work due to the devastating wild fires in here in California (I work for the power company here as an Electrical Designer). Had to skip a few BPP workouts unfortunately but glad that I'll be able to at least complete this weeks minimal requirements! Did a 10k this morning and improved on my PB.

Haven't lost any more weight but my clothes are much looser and I've been getting some compliments here and there!

@Paul - thank you for the kind words sir! Let's keep it up!

Cheers,
-Chris Hester
45 / 6'1" / 285 lbs
IMHester
500m Poster

Postby edinborogh » October 24th, 2017, 8:36 am

hey,
i enjoy following your posts.
a lot of what you are writing seems to have happen to me as well.
i struggle with my weight lose, i have the work and family issues as well, but most of all, i give up to things that are related to my motivation.
i started my journey with 84Kg, im now 71Kg, 18% body fat.
my body weight is not getting any lower then 69Kg at best and that was in August..

i added some weight training but it looks like i cannot lose more weight.. the only difference i see is from 22% body fat 4 months ago to 18% now.
edinborogh
1k Poster

Postby IMHester » October 24th, 2017, 10:11 pm

edinborogh wrote:hey,
i enjoy following your posts.
a lot of what you are writing seems to have happen to me as well.
i struggle with my weight lose, i have the work and family issues as well, but most of all, i give up to things that are related to my motivation.
i started my journey with 84Kg, im now 71Kg, 18% body fat.
my body weight is not getting any lower then 69Kg at best and that was in August..

i added some weight training but it looks like i cannot lose more weight.. the only difference i see is from 22% body fat 4 months ago to 18% now.

Thank you Edinborogh! Weight training of course will grow muscle so you may not be losing weight per se, but you BMI is going down and that's what counts!

I had a couple of downer weeks the last two so needless to say it's tough to get back into a good routine.

For my weight loss so far, it's gone down to 285 but I'm back up a little. It's all my own fault - I'm putting the wrong food items in my mouth!

I'm looking into a vegan diet, but definitely not sure about it. One of the guys at work is changing to a more plant-based diet and it is working wonders for him.
Too early to commit to something like that; I am definitely an omnivore.
-Chris Hester
45 / 6'1" / 285 lbs
IMHester
500m Poster

Previous

Return to Weight Loss & Weight Control