Looking for used PM2+

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Post Reply
kini62
2k Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: December 30th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Location: Hawaii

Looking for used PM2+

Post by kini62 » January 12th, 2018, 6:16 pm

As the title suggests, looking to see if anyone has a working PM2+ they'd be willing to part with.

Don't want to spend $200 on the PM5 retro fit.

Thanks
Gene
56m, 5'6" 160lbs, rowing and skiing (pseudo) on the Big Island of Hawaii.

User avatar
Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2859
Joined: January 8th, 2010, 4:35 pm
Location: NEW ZEALAND

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by Carl Watts » January 13th, 2018, 1:31 am

You may find a PM2 but the PM2+ was pretty rare.

Unless you connect the PM2+ to a PC then you only need the PM2

Whats wrong with yours ?
Carl Watts.
Age:51 Weight: 98kg Height:183cm
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

kini62
2k Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: December 30th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by kini62 » January 13th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Carl Watts wrote:You may find a PM2 but the PM2+ was pretty rare.

Unless you connect the PM2+ to a PC then you only need the PM2

Whats wrong with yours ?
I've replaced the "screen" once. The left two buttons, power and recall do not work and now the display is fading again. New batteries makes no difference. I don't really care about the buttons but obviously need to be able to see the screen.

Thanks
Gene
56m, 5'6" 160lbs, rowing and skiing (pseudo) on the Big Island of Hawaii.

User avatar
Carl Watts
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2859
Joined: January 8th, 2010, 4:35 pm
Location: NEW ZEALAND

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by Carl Watts » January 13th, 2018, 5:36 pm

I can repair it to as new condition but you would need a Paypal account and airmail it to New Zealand.

Total cost about half that of a new PM5 retrofit kit.

PM me if your interested.
Carl Watts.
Age:51 Weight: 98kg Height:183cm
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

jag
1k Poster
Posts: 115
Joined: March 26th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by jag » January 15th, 2018, 6:21 pm

kini62 wrote:
Carl Watts wrote:You may find a PM2 but the PM2+ was pretty rare.

Unless you connect the PM2+ to a PC then you only need the PM2

Whats wrong with yours ?
I've replaced the "screen" once. The left two buttons, power and recall do not work and now the display is fading again. New batteries makes no difference. I don't really care about the buttons but obviously need to be able to see the screen.

Thanks
Gene
The buttons are easy to deal with, if you're comfortable taking the monitor apart. Take off the back, then remove the board from the case. Clean the board with alcohol where the buttons come into contact with alcohol. If that isn't enough and it still doesn't work, use a pencil eraser (very slightly abrasive). If that still doesn't do it, try very very fine steel wool and a light touch. Once it is working go over it with alcohol again.

kini62
2k Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: December 30th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by kini62 » January 16th, 2018, 4:27 pm

jag wrote:
kini62 wrote:
Carl Watts wrote:You may find a PM2 but the PM2+ was pretty rare.

Unless you connect the PM2+ to a PC then you only need the PM2

Whats wrong with yours ?
I've replaced the "screen" once. The left two buttons, power and recall do not work and now the display is fading again. New batteries makes no difference. I don't really care about the buttons but obviously need to be able to see the screen.

Thanks
Gene
The buttons are easy to deal with, if you're comfortable taking the monitor apart. Take off the back, then remove the board from the case. Clean the board with alcohol where the buttons come into contact with alcohol. If that isn't enough and it still doesn't work, use a pencil eraser (very slightly abrasive). If that still doesn't do it, try very very fine steel wool and a light touch. Once it is working go over it with alcohol again.
Thanks.

As for the screen fading, I now remember why I take the batteries out when I'm done using it. If I leave the batteries in for a couple of days the screen fades out. Don't know why. :?: :?:

So now I'm back to taking the batteries out when I'm done and it works fine this way.
56m, 5'6" 160lbs, rowing and skiing (pseudo) on the Big Island of Hawaii.

griff
Paddler
Posts: 20
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by griff » January 17th, 2018, 2:41 am

Finally made the trip to the crawl space and we do have a PM 2+ :) It has been there for years but seems to be working. Do you need the arm as well or just the unit? I am in Canada and expect it would be $20 or less to mail just the unit to Hawaii. Let me know.
Cheers Mary

Image

kini62
2k Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: December 30th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Looking for used PM2+

Post by kini62 » January 17th, 2018, 5:39 pm

griff wrote:Finally made the trip to the crawl space and we do have a PM 2+ :) It has been there for years but seems to be working. Do you need the arm as well or just the unit? I am in Canada and expect it would be $20 or less to mail just the unit to Hawaii. Let me know.
Cheers Mary

Image
Just the unit. How much do you want for it?

Thanks
Gene
56m, 5'6" 160lbs, rowing and skiing (pseudo) on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Post Reply