"All times are UTC - 8 hours"

Comments on the new forum software, and technical questions about the forum software.
Bob S.
Marathon Poster

"All times are UTC - 8 hours"

Post by Bob S. » March 5th, 2010, 12:30 am

That is what it said a minute or so ago when I copied it. A few minutes before that it said UTC - 5 hours. The times quoted for the messages have been jumping around like grass-hoppers. What the bleep is going on??????

Bob S.

P.S. Now I get a message that my message has too few characters. What on earth is that all about??

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: "All times are UTC - 8 hours"

Post by Citroen » March 5th, 2010, 5:06 am

Go to http://www.c2forum.com/ucp.php?i=165 and you can set the timezone you'd like to use.
Dougie Lawson
55yrs, 172cm, Almost LWt (in my dreams).
Twitter: @DougieLawson

PaulH
6k Poster

Post by PaulH » March 5th, 2010, 5:07 am

The site has been moved to a different host, as well as having a major software upgrade, so some settings are being changed as we work out how things should be. That would account for the time change, I think. I've no idea about the minimum characters - it's currently set to 1 (in fact I just changed moved it up to 2!), but perhaps David saw your post and fixed that already.

I don't doubt you'll find something else odd, so please let us know, and thanks for your patience!

Cheers, PaulH

David Hart
Paddler

Post by David Hart » March 5th, 2010, 5:46 am

Hi Bob,

The default time for the site is UTC - 5 - i.e. if you're not logged in, this is what you'll see. Once you're logged you'll see the time that's set in your preferences, which you can edit from the link Dougie provided (or click on User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings).

Best,

David
David Hart
Concept2

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » March 5th, 2010, 1:41 pm

David Hart wrote:Hi Bob,

The default time for the site is UTC - 5 - i.e. if you're not logged in, this is what you'll see. Once you're logged you'll see the time that's set in your preferences, which you can edit from the link Dougie provided (or click on User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings).

Best,

David
That explains it. I was looking at it before and after I logged in, so it was jumping from default to preference.

Bob S.