Force Plot Raw Data to csv

Post questions and issues with Concept2 PM3 SDK
CamK
Paddler

Force Plot Raw Data to csv

Post by CamK » July 6th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Hello all,

I need to access the force data over a number of strokes via a PM4 (USB) for some analysis in my dissertation. Unfortunately I am at the PMI (basic) level of programming which enables me to plot the force curve in real time but not capture the data to make my own. I would like to send it to a csv file to compare to other data I'm collecting. The SDK suggests the parameter I need uses the CSAFE command: CSAFE_PM_GET_FORCEPLOTDATA but I'm not knowledgeable enough to package it into basic software myself.
Can anyone help with basic code that can do this, or know of software that could serve this purpose?
[I'm hoping to be able to adjust sampling rate (limit is 64Hz I believe, max recording time and be able to export to csv, it does not need to be pretty]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aajg
Paddler

Re: Force Plot Raw Data to csv

Post by aajg » July 20th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Check out this software: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... lgmp?hl=en

I was looking for the exact same thing. It does it very nicely. I would like to know what the force units are though - any idea? The graphic display on my PM4 shows lb and kg but it's unclear to me which is being graphed and haven't found a way to alter between those two.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: Force Plot Raw Data to csv

Post by Citroen » July 20th, 2015, 6:36 pm

I think it's KgF, but without knowing the sorts of numbers you're getting it's difficult to tell. The docs are not clear on it.