UK Forums have disappeared

Look here first for answers to common questions
Locked
planky
Paddler
Posts: 2
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 7:37 am

UK Forums have disappeared

Post by planky » August 1st, 2013, 7:41 am

The C2 UK site has had a serious overhaul. The UK forums have all disappeared and my old links re-direct me to these forums.

ANy UK guys in here know how we carry on where we left off? I'm sure it's just an oversight of C2 but I'd have thought the UK forums were the most active part of the UK site.

User avatar
hjs
Marathon Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Location: Amstelveen the netherlands

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by hjs » August 1st, 2013, 7:55 am


User avatar
gregsmith01748
10k Poster
Posts: 1359
Joined: January 8th, 2010, 2:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by gregsmith01748 » August 1st, 2013, 9:56 am

What the hell is up with this? Shouldn't someone have said something about this before hiding the whole forum in some random place?

Henry: How did you know about the change?

Citroen: How were folks supposed to know that this was going on?

I guess now my biggest question is...How do I get all of my blog entries exported so I can make sure that I don't lose access to my training record?
Greg
Age: 55 H: 182cm W: 90Kg
Image

OarConsequences
1k Poster
Posts: 132
Joined: October 1st, 2012, 9:46 am

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by OarConsequences » August 1st, 2013, 2:11 pm

I'm really surprised at how terribly the forum change was handled. No communication about it? At all? Was this intentional?

Furthermore, links to the old site broke. This is especially relevant on the forum where there are significant amounts of SEO valuable links into the site which now just land in the root of the forum. It is possible to configure the server to automatically forward old links to the new domain. Consult an experienced IT professional about how to fix this!

User avatar
hjs
Marathon Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm
Location: Amstelveen the netherlands

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by hjs » August 1st, 2013, 3:51 pm

gregsmith01748 wrote:What the hell is up with this? Shouldn't someone have said something about this before hiding the whole forum in some random place?

Henry: How did you know about the change?

Citroen: How were folks supposed to know that this was going on?

I guess now my biggest question is...How do I get all of my blog entries exported so I can make sure that I don't lose access to my training record?
It was announced on the forum, together with the Birc race, short notice though.

Nothing is gone, just the server is different

Bob S.
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by Bob S. » August 1st, 2013, 3:57 pm

I had not checked into the UK forum for quite some time, but got curious when this thread came up. When I tried to open that site, I was quite surprised to see that I had been bumped automatically to this one, the regular US forum. Hey, Dougie! You are a moderator for both forums. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Bob S.

Bob S.
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by Bob S. » August 1st, 2013, 4:00 pm

hjs wrote:
It was announced on the forum, together with the Birc race, short notice though.
Birc race!! What was announced? Are they actually going to have one this season?

Bob S.

Bob S.
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5142
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Re: UK Forums have disappeared

Post by Bob S. » August 1st, 2013, 4:03 pm

Bob S. wrote:
hjs wrote:
It was announced on the forum, together with the Birc race, short notice though.
Birc race!! What was announced? Are they actually going to have one this season?

Bob S.
Ah! I found it:

http://therowingcompany.com/birc/2013

Bob S.

Locked