Life-jacket Manual Conversion query

No, ergs don't yet float, but some of us do, and here's where you get to discuss that other form of rowing.
Noseve
Paddler

Life-jacket Manual Conversion query

Post by Noseve » August 10th, 2019, 10:45 am

Hi All,
I have a Crewsaver Crewfit 165N Sport automatic life-jacket, which as far as I can make out has the identical automatic UML-5 firing mechanism to the Spinlock DeskVest Lite. The latter has available an easily reversible manual conversion 'kit' (essentially, it's a plastic bottle top, with a green reminder tag for about £9!).
There is no equivalent kit marketed for my Crewsaver, but surely the spinlock kit would work exactly as designed? Or any blank with a proper seal? Obviously, bearing in mind the subject matter, I'm not going to simply try it, but I have searched the net and spoken to numerous chandleries, none of whom have apparently ever come across anybody trying this.
All thoughts welcome, but please note that this is a specific query, and suggested workarounds are not what I'm after. I'm thinking of wasting a couple of re-arm kits to test it, but thought that I'd try here first. The life-jacket is so comfortable, which is why I don't want to change to the spinlock. Thanks.
170lbs, 5ft 11in, 57 years old - C2 purchased June 2019

Noseve
Paddler

Re: Life-jacket Manual Conversion query

Post by Noseve » August 21st, 2019, 4:42 am

I thought that I had closed this earlier. Almost as soon as I posted, I received confirmation that - of course - the Spinlock kit will be fine for my jacket.
170lbs, 5ft 11in, 57 years old - C2 purchased June 2019