LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
46
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
8
15%
 
Total votes: 54

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

RE: 10000 posts

Post by Kona2 » September 12th, 2021, 10:33 am

Seems like December something is the 14th anniversary of forum-ness for me....! Thanks for your kind words - if no one posted meters, there wouldn't be a lot of summary postings!

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Team Progress Thru 9.11..21

Post by Kona2 » September 12th, 2021, 11:39 am

Something different:

A long time project here has been the disposition of a 1950 Plymouth convertible that my father-in-law thought was a good thing to keep. A retired mechanic, he left it on the property when we bought it so he could move to a lower elevation (and keep it in the family). Despite putting new tarps on to cover it each winter, these things didn't really hold up. This Spring's discovery of a decomposing fox inside the vehicle was impetus to get the thing out of here. Car restoration is not an inexpensive hobby, and none of the extended family wanted to tackle the project. Even moving the vehicle was going to be a project! One of the good outcomes of family reunions and memorial services is that you get to connect up with family members you don't see as often, and can find that they not only have the kind of truck you're going to need for a project, they actually think this might be a fun gig. And so it was that while fighter jets flew in formation over the mountain lake in commemoration of 9/11 (impressive!), we were making progress. One of the cousins brought his big truck with front and back winches, a trailer, AND inflated tires to put on for the trip. It took about an hour to load the car onto the flatbed, and then he drove it down the Pass without incident.

Image

Image

Image

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.85 MM Ron
2.2 MM Ed
1.45 MM Norma
850 K Eric
700 K Robin
650 K Brent
350 K Virginia
150 K Baz


Thanks, everyone, for erging with us!

Brent 1,020 m
Tony 1,111 m...a palindrome!
JD 2,061 m
Patrick Hmr 4,010 m
Sergio 4,980 m
Jeff F 5,555 m ....a high five palindrome!
Angelo 6,570 m
William H 7,100 m
Wim 7,588 m
Tombeur 7,651 m
Wild Bill 8,008 m...a palindrome!
Patrick Hsr 10,000 m
Virginia 10,000 m
Norma 10,101 m...a one aught one palindrome!
Minnie 10,777 m
Robin 11,111 m...a palindrome! Onesies!
Image Ron 22,911...a commemorative moon!
Image Eric 24,279 m... mooner!
Image Baz 30,000 m...mooner!
Image Ed 33,333 m...a palindrome and a mooner!

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Team Progress Thru 9.12.21

Post by Kona2 » September 13th, 2021, 7:30 pm

Getting closer to the start of the Fall Team Challenge! It will be epic!

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

3.6 MM Wild Bill
2.9 MM Ron
1.65 MM Angelo
1.35 MM Minnie
350 K Kevin


Thanks, everyone, for erging with us!

NW2 1,107 m
Tony 1,111 m...a palindrome!
Ron W 2,214 m
Dan O 2,520 m
Donna 3,219 m
JD 3,530 m
Danny 5,000 m
Patrick Hsr 5,000 m
Robert H 5,000 m
Rebecca 6,000 m
Andrew S 6,549 m
Marios 7,835 m
AJ 10,000 m
Paul 10,000 m
Norma 10,101 m ...a one aught one palindrome!
Minnie 10,367 m
Colin 11,106 m
Robin 11,111 m...a palindrome!
Ken 12,520 m
Brett 13,006 m
Brent 13,517 m
Tombeur 15,280 m
Kevin 21,164 m....mooner!
Patrick Hmr 21,561...mooner!
David A 25,102 m...mooner!
Ed 33,333 m...a palindrome and a mooner!
Ron 45,654 m...a palindrome and a mooner!
Angelo 50,424 m...a half century!
Wild Bill 56,665 m...a palindrome and a half century!

User avatar
BAZzy
6k Poster
Posts: 951
Joined: March 12th, 2009, 1:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Team Progress Thru 9.11..21

Post by BAZzy » September 13th, 2021, 8:15 pm

Kona2 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 11:39 am
Something different:

A long time project here has been the disposition of a 1950 Plymouth convertible that my father-in-law thought was a good thing to keep. A retired mechanic, he left it on the property when we bought it so he could move to a lower elevation (and keep it in the family). Despite putting new tarps on to cover it each winter, these things didn't really hold up. This Spring's discovery of a decomposing fox inside the vehicle was impetus to get the thing out of here. Car restoration is not an inexpensive hobby, and none of the extended family wanted to tackle the project. Even moving the vehicle was going to be a project! One of the good outcomes of family reunions and memorial services is that you get to connect up with family members you don't see as often, and can find that they not only have the kind of truck you're going to need for a project, they actually think this might be a fun gig. And so it was that while fighter jets flew in formation over the mountain lake in commemoration of 9/11 (impressive!), we were making progress. One of the cousins brought his big truck with front and back winches, a trailer, AND inflated tires to put on for the trip. It took about an hour to load the car onto the flatbed, and then he drove it down the Pass without incident.

Image

Image

Image

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:
Crikey, how good is that, my kind of car...! Cheers, Baz
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

normadelaney
6k Poster
Posts: 634
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by normadelaney » September 13th, 2021, 10:30 pm

What a project (getting rid of that old Plymouth/fox graveyard)!! Woohoo!

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Team Progress Thru 9.13.21

Post by Kona2 » September 14th, 2021, 11:06 am

Nice that the Fall Challenge will start on a Friday...everyone can get LOTS of meters in over the weekend to get us on the path to a top ten finish!

Welcome to new teammate Kiara, and welcome back to Lee M!

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.25 MM Ed
750 K Patrick Hmr
250 K Kiara


Thanks, everyone, for erging with us!


Brent 1,013 m
Tony 1,111 m...a palindrome!
Lee M 2,000 m
Jeff F 2,014 m
Titus 2,133 m
JD 2,289 m
Rich M 2,500 m
Tombeur 2,540 m
Jeff D 3,412 m
Carol W 4,100 m
Andrew C 5,000 m
Melissa 5,000 m
Kevin 6,003 m
Louie 6,666 m...a bedeviled palindrome!
William C 6,667 m
Andrew S 7,671 m
Wim 7,763 m
Norma 7,777 m...a lucky 7 palindrome!
Ron W 10,000 m
Ed 10,001 m...a one aught palindrome!
Robin 11,111 m... onesie palindrome!
Patrick Hmr 11,618 m
David A 14,503 m
Baz 15,000 m
Minnie 15,522 m
David B 19,197 m
Kiara 270,492 m...emptied the meter piggy bank!

User avatar
danwho
10k Poster
Posts: 1280
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 11:08 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Team Progress Thru 9.13.21

Post by danwho » September 14th, 2021, 12:44 pm

Kona2 wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 11:06 am
Nice that the Fall Challenge will start on a Friday...
Yup, Friday on my clock too.
Image

User avatar
William H
2k Poster
Posts: 269
Joined: December 12th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Re: Team Progress Thru 9.13.21

Post by William H » September 14th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Kona2 wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 11:06 am
Nice that the Fall Challenge will start on a Friday...everyone can get LOTS of meters in over the weekend to get us on the path to a top ten finish!
Doesn't the Fall Challenge start tomorrow, the 15th?

Fall Team Challenge
The Fall Team Challenge (FTC), runs every year from September 15–October 15. Follow the directions below to participate!

The Details
Each team completes as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. September 15 and 11:59 p.m. October 15.
Indoor rower, SkiErg and BikeErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the challenge goal. Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See "Information for Team Members" below.
Teams must consist of at least two (2) people. Team members will not appear on challenge boards until at least two people are taking part.


Just sayin' ...
ROWSTRONG / RIDESTRONG

Just call me, "Wild Bill"

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » September 14th, 2021, 10:45 pm

The Fall Challenge DOES start tomorrow! I must’ve been in a time warp!

User avatar
Kona2
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10142
Joined: December 29th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Team Progress Thru 9.14.21

Post by Kona2 » September 15th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Welcome to returning teammate Peter E! Welcome to new teammates Maria CB and Shawn!

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

3.65 MM Wild Bill
1.75 MM David A
500 K Ted...a cool half million!
400 K Maria CB
200 K Baz
100 K William H
50 K Andrew S


Thanks, everyone, for erging with us!

Shana 1,047 m
Tony 1,111 m...a palindrome!
Tom R 1,293 m
JD 2,535 m
Peter E 2,817 m
Melissa 3,000 m
NW1 3,399 m...a double double!
Jeff D 4,031 m
Donna 4,134 m
Carol W 4,170 m
Marios 4,766 m
Danny 5,000 m
Paul 5,000 m
Job 5,014 m
Colin 6,278 m
Patrick Hsr 6,963 m
Brent 7,512 m
Wim 7,801 m
David W 8,000 m
Patrick S 8,255 m
Norma 8,558 m...a palindrome!
Andrew S 9,251 m
Kiara 9,759 m
Gary 10,000 m
Ed 10,001 m...a one aught palindrome!
William H 10,100 m
Rich Mc 10,200 m
Victor 10,750 m
Robin 11,111 m
Jamie E 12,601 m
Patrick Hmr 13,394 m
danwho 14,141 m...a palindrome!
David A 14,641 m...a palindrome!
Baz 15,000 m
Wild Bill 16,061 m...a palindrome!

Image 21,097 m or more = mooners!

Sergio 21,022 m...we'll call it a moon!
Shawn 21,308 m...mooner!
Ron 22,822 m...a palindrome and a mooner!
Bill L 24,698 m...mooner!
Eric 25,188 m... mooner!
Thor 25,672 m... mooner!
Ted 35,000 m... mooner!
Maria CB 408,771 m...emptied the meter piggy bank!

BigBrett58
2k Poster
Posts: 267
Joined: September 10th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by BigBrett58 » September 16th, 2021, 2:45 pm

Hello all. Just checking in... I do love a good FTC. I'm mostly just lifting weights and walking right now, but I'll get a few extra meters in over the next month. We're going to start combining corn next week which will also take up a lot of my time. Its good to see the familiar names in the team list and nice to see some new ones. Hope everyone is doing well.

Brett

User avatar
danwho
10k Poster
Posts: 1280
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 11:08 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by danwho » September 16th, 2021, 4:56 pm

BigBrett58 wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Hello all. Just checking in... I do love a good FTC. I'm mostly just lifting weights and walking right now, but I'll get a few extra meters in over the next month. We're going to start combining corn next week which will also take up a lot of my time. Its good to see the familiar names in the team list and nice to see some new ones. Hope everyone is doing well.

Brett
Good to hear from you, Brett !! Sounds like a full plate.
'Tis the season to tackle those corn rows.

Sure hope no one's armed with tomatoes.

Image

normadelaney
6k Poster
Posts: 634
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by normadelaney » September 17th, 2021, 1:12 pm

Hi All,
K2 is under the weather and wasn't able post yesterday or today. But not to worry, you can check out your individual standings in the Fall Team Challenge under Teams or Challenges. As a team, LUNA-TICS are currently in 18th place, and there's plenty of time to move up. So keep logging those meters!

K2, feel better soonest!!!

BigBrett58
2k Poster
Posts: 267
Joined: September 10th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by BigBrett58 » September 17th, 2021, 3:35 pm

K2 - Hope you get feeling better. Take care of yourself!

Edscapade
2k Poster
Posts: 327
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Edscapade » September 17th, 2021, 7:10 pm

normadelaney wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 1:12 pm
Hi All,
K2 is under the weather and wasn't able post yesterday or today. But not to worry, you can check out your individual standings in the Fall Team Challenge under Teams or Challenges. As a team, LUNA-TICS are currently in 18th place, and there's plenty of time to move up. So keep logging those meters!

K2, feel better soonest!!!


Get well soon K2… take care of yourself!

Post Reply