Beginner, Looking for a team

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
Imogene606
Paddler

Beginner, Looking for a team

Post by Imogene606 » March 11th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Hi all! I'm a returning rower who used to row in college but hasn't for a long time. I just bought a concept 2 and I'm really looking forward to participating in the challenges. With that being said, I'm basically starting from scratch as a way to improve my fitness, female heavyweight rower, mid 20's. If that fits what you are looking for let me know!

jackarabit
Marathon Poster

Re: Beginner, Looking for a team

Post by jackarabit » March 11th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Imogene, Forum Flyers needs you, wants you, invites you to join us for the C2 seasonal metreboard challenges and the C2 Cross Team monthly challenges (speed interval to medium distance format). Some of us also do the Indoor Rowers League schedule of eight monthly tests per year and the NonAthlon rankings. Do as much or as little as expedites your training goals and fits in your busy life.

Very good timing as the World Erg Challenge begins 15 March. You can join the Flyers team or designate Flyers as your
affiliation for the WEC.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_71_5'-7"_164lb

Training Log

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster

Post by lindsayh » March 12th, 2018, 5:41 am

Imogene606 wrote:Hi all! I'm a returning rower who used to row in college but hasn't for a long time. I just bought a concept 2 and I'm really looking forward to participating in the challenges. With that being said, I'm basically starting from scratch as a way to improve my fitness, female heavyweight rower, mid 20's. If that fits what you are looking for let me know!
Yes seconded Imogene the Flyers will welcome you with virtual open arms - just look at the thread just here below and the Forum Flyers thread here as well.
There are the monthly CTC challenges as well as the C2 ones and the Indoor Rowers League later in the year if you like. NO pressure but we are an international group with a very broad level of experience and skills.
Lindsay
67yo 91kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2

Imogene606
Paddler

Post by Imogene606 » March 16th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Thanks so much, I just joined up! I'm looking forward to the challenges!

jackarabit
Marathon Poster

Post by jackarabit » March 16th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Super! If you encounter a headscratcher with regard to logbook, challenge signup or entree to additional team activities, or want to introduce yourself, don’t hesitate to post on the Form Flyers page under Teams.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_71_5'-7"_164lb

Training Log