LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

FIVE Million Meters !

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2017, 10:23 am

ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and way to grab the seasonal FIVE golden rings! Congratulations, Ed, on reaching a 2018 erging season total of FIVE million meters! We wish you many, MANY more!!!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.04.17

Post by Kona2 » December 5th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Image 21 Lunie Image, and over FIVE Million HC Meters!!!

Whoa. December is flying by...even faster than most months seem to these days. I think it's the constant erging....makes you sleep sooooo good. Hahahaha!

Image Reindeer Games!

MILESTONES...Bragging RIghts....Celebrations:

5.0 MM Ed
2.3 MM David A
1.85 MM Minnie
1.45 MM Derric
1.35 MM Norma
1.15 MM Ian B
600 K Patrick S
600 K Gary W ... I see meter millionaire status in your future....
400 K Ted
350 K K2
100 K Teresa R
50 K Sarah

Thanks, everyone, for erging with us and playing reindeer games!

Tony 1,111 m ....a palindrome!
Chip 5,000 m
Stefan 5,423 m
Jonathan 6,007 m
Gines 6,062 m
Todd 6,077 m
David T 7,000 m
Mike C 7,006 m ... keep those meters coming!
Ron 9,449 m ...a palindrome!
Greg H 10,000 m
Louis 10,000 m
Mikkel 10,000 m
David A 11,182 m
Sarah 11,400 m
Patrick S 11,519 m
david w (GBR) 12,160 m
bg 12,210 m
Tim G 12,500 m
Tombeur 12,525 m
K2 13,070 m
Dennis 13,431 m ...a palindrome!
Norma 13,531 m ... a palindrome!
Dan O' 17,020 m
Minnie 18,247 m
Image Derric 21,097 m ... he moons us!
Image Ian B 22,412 m ... he moons us, too!
Image Remon 23,235 m ... he moons us, too!
Image Gary 23,597 m...another moon!
Image Ted 26,000 m ... he moons us!
Image Chuck B ... he moons us!
Image Ed 33,333 m ... he moons us with a palindrome!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: ANOTHER Reindeer...it's Mata Hari !

Post by bg » December 5th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image
Mata Hari (Minnie)

Not every herd has a secret agent reindeer...but we do!

yes!!!!! and thanks k2 and aj for making this challenge so much fun :]

Edscapade
2k Poster

Re: FIVE Million Meters !

Post by Edscapade » December 5th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and way to grab the seasonal FIVE golden rings! Congratulations, Ed, on reaching a 2018 erging season total of FIVE million meters! We wish you many, MANY more!!!
Thanks Kona! With the 5 million I also surpassed 45million life time meters. My goal is to get a million in on this challange for the charities. Every little bit helps...

Happy Rowing,
Ed

sarahaddams
Paddler

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 12.03.17

Post by sarahaddams » December 5th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Kona2 wrote:
Remember the first Holiday Challenge you participated in? I sure do. I didn't get started on Day 1...it was considerably past that time. I made up a chart of how many meters I needed to do each day, and what would happen if I missed a day here or there...and had my own countdown schedule. This was pre-forum days. There I was on Christmas Eve, sweating out that I would get those last meters finished. It was much harder work (or so it seemed) than it is now. Helps to have made it through a few of these TRADITIONS of earning the pin. But the message is that you, too, can earn your pin even if you're feeling like the goal is a bit of a stretch. This is what grit is all about...and the Lunies surely have grit.
This was a BIG motivator for me to finally get back on the rower! My first holiday challenge was 2012 and I was so excited to get my pin! I completed the challenge in 2013 and 2014 also. Unfortunately, by 2015 my rower was in storage (I had high hopes of using a rower at the school gym to complete my meters, but didn't even manage to row once :( ) In 2016, the rower was still in storage. This August, we moved, our new place is MUCH smaller than where we used to be, so it's been a struggle to get unpacked and set up. If not for the holiday challenge, the rower would probably still be un-assembled crammed in the corner of the office.

Congrats to all the new reindeer! I love logging in and seeing them (and all the other milestones) everyday! Special congrats to K2's reindeer Adele! I agree with just27, I don't know how you do it all!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: FIVE Million Meters !

Post by bg » December 5th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Edscapade wrote:
Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage Image

Thanks Kona! With the 5 million I also surpassed 45million life time meters. My goal is to get a million in on this challange for the charities. Every little bit helps...

Happy Rowing,
Ed
wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo and congrats :] amazing!!!!!

Tombeur
1k Poster

Post by Tombeur » December 6th, 2017, 2:07 pm

bg wrote:
Kona2 wrote:Image
Mata Hari (Minnie)

Not every herd has a secret agent reindeer...but we do!

yes!!!!! and thanks k2 and aj for making this challenge so much fun :]
Congratulations Minnie.

As to Mata Hari, I am reminded we had a round-table-like exchange last year about her. This year marked 100 years since her execution for spying for Germany so that the “classified” file of the proceedings against her are now unsealed. Many believe like me that she was not the deadly spy of lore but an accomplished courtesan who was killed to cover up a scandal involving some important people in powerful positions. It will be interesting to learn what comes out after persons with expertise and interest finish with these files.

Regardless, for us Mata Hari's vigorous spirit is thriving in a reindeer thanks to the efforts of Minnie. That is all that matters today.

By the way, it appears her actual name was something of a mouthful: Margaretha Geertruida “Margaret” Macleod. Mata Hari was a stage name.

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » December 6th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Tombeur wrote:As to Mata Hari, I am reminded we had a round-table-like exchange last year about her. This year marked 100 years since her execution for spying for Germany so that the “classified” file of the proceedings against her are now unsealed. Many believe like me that she was not the deadly spy of lore but an accomplished courtesan who was killed to cover up a scandal involving some important people in powerful positions. It will be interesting to learn what comes out after persons with expertise and interest finish with these files.

Regardless, for us Mata Hari's vigorous spirit is thriving in a reindeer thanks to the efforts of Minnie. That is all that matters today. By the way, it appears her actual name was something of a mouthful: Margaretha Geertruida “Margaret” Macleod. Mata Hari was a stage name.
Egads, I'd never actually checked out her life story. (Or, the published version, as it was!) Perhaps I should have requested a less, um, colorful name for my reindeer! Regardless, Mata Hari, reindeer version, will be calm and carry on ... and hope that there's not a firing squad following Santa's sleigh.

Tombeur
1k Poster

Post by Tombeur » December 6th, 2017, 7:56 pm

just27 wrote:
Tombeur wrote:As to Mata Hari, I am reminded we had a round-table-like exchange last year about her. This year marked 100 years since her execution for spying for Germany so that the “classified” file of the proceedings against her are now unsealed. Many believe like me that she was not the deadly spy of lore but an accomplished courtesan who was killed to cover up a scandal involving some important people in powerful positions. It will be interesting to learn what comes out after persons with expertise and interest finish with these files.

Regardless, for us Mata Hari's vigorous spirit is thriving in a reindeer thanks to the efforts of Minnie. That is all that matters today. By the way, it appears her actual name was something of a mouthful: Margaretha Geertruida “Margaret” Macleod. Mata Hari was a stage name.
Egads, I'd never actually checked out her life story. (Or, the published version, as it was!) Perhaps I should have requested a less, um, colorful name for my reindeer! Regardless, Mata Hari, reindeer version, will be calm and carry on ... and hope that there's not a firing squad following Santa's sleigh.
There be no firing squad, no charges or even any defamatory innuendos. Only a commendation medal for the effort to help the good cause or causes you selected!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Millionaire! And gets his reindeer, too!

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 9:29 pm

ImageImageImage Image

Sherman (Ron) and another $2 towards good things!

Whoop, whoop and way to get your reindeer! Congratulations, Ron, on achieving a ONE million meter season whilst freeing up your reindeer. I'm not sure we've had Sherman the reindeer before...but he will do well.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Millionaire!

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Image Image ImageImage

Whoop, whoop and Dennis captures the brass ring of the ONE million meter milestone! Good stuff! We wish you many, MANY more celebrations!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Things are going to be brighter now....

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Comet (Dan O')

Blazing antler lights! It's Comet!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Things are going to be even brighter now....

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Vixen (Derric)

Good stuff! And that means at least $6 in the charity piggy bank!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

ANOTHER Reindeer...it's Dundee!

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Dundee (Angelo)

And another $2 earned!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

ANOTHER Reindeer....and it's Belle!

Post by Kona2 » December 6th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Belle(Teresa R)

And another $2 earned!