Page 252 of 552

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 18th, 2017, 5:02 am
by Dangerscouse
Totally agree Anth. How I look from five months ago is like two different people. I feel and look better than ever and it's all down to much longer / steadier sessions.

Anyone with a few hours to spare once a week, I'd recommend a weekly FM :wink:

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 23rd, 2017, 5:17 am
by -marius-
6k TT this morning and a new PB by 10.8 seconds since last try on September 1st.
Probably quicker if I used a flatter pace, but this way is more comfortable :lol:

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
20:18.3 6,000m 1:41.5 334 1449 29
3:29.6 1,000m 1:44.8 304 1345 27
3:27.6 2,000m 1:43.8 313 1376 28
3:25.7 3,000m 1:42.8 322 1406 29
3:23.1 4,000m 1:41.5 334 1449 30
3:21.3 5,000m 1:40.6 343 1480 30
3:11.0 6,000m 1:35.5 402 1681 34

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 23rd, 2017, 6:56 am
by bisqeet
looks very comfortable...i'm amazed you dont fall off napping....

amazing neg splits - that last k i take it was emptying the tanks or just "tasking"... :)
congratz

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 23rd, 2017, 11:44 am
by Dangerscouse
@ Marius, very impressive. This will no doubt help with your 2km pace too.

@ Bisqeet hahaha

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 23rd, 2017, 2:51 pm
by DNA_Rower
@marius - can you remove the "started rowing in Jan 2017" bit from your signature please mate? It's making me feel bad! :P :P

After doing the PP 5*1500m the other day, which is apparently 5k pace, at 1:52.0, I decided to aim for a 5k PB tonight.

Knocked nearly 11s off to get it down to 18:37.5 (1:51.7/500m). According to the C2 website that is 83rd percentile - which is better than my 2k time which is 81st percentile currently, so quite pleased with that. It's only a few months ago that I managed to get under 19min for the first time!

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 24th, 2017, 4:06 am
by Scott Lewis
DNA_Rower wrote:@marius - can you remove the "started rowing in Jan 2017" bit from your signature please mate? It's making me feel bad! :P :P

After doing the PP 5*1500m the other day, which is apparently 5k pace, at 1:52.0, I decided to aim for a 5k PB tonight.

Knocked nearly 11s off to get it down to 18:37.5 (1:51.7/500m). According to the C2 website that is 83rd percentile - which is better than my 2k time which is 81st percentile currently, so quite pleased with that. It's only a few months ago that I managed to get under 19min for the first time!
Well done. Good PB!

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 24th, 2017, 4:18 am
by -marius-
bisqeet wrote:looks very comfortable...i'm amazed you dont fall off napping....
amazing neg splits - that last k i take it was emptying the tanks or just "tasking"... :)
congratz
Thanks, last K was emptying the tank for sure :lol:
Dangerscouse wrote:@ Marius, very impressive. This will no doubt help with your 2km pace too.
Thanks, 2K is my main target so I hope this will show that the fitness is going up :)
DNA_Rower wrote:@marius - can you remove the "started rowing in Jan 2017" bit from your signature please mate? It's making me feel bad! :P :P
After doing the PP 5*1500m the other day, which is apparently 5k pace, at 1:52.0, I decided to aim for a 5k PB tonight.
Knocked nearly 11s off to get it down to 18:37.5 (1:51.7/500m). According to the C2 website that is 83rd percentile - which is better than my 2k time which is 81st percentile currently, so quite pleased with that. It's only a few months ago that I managed to get under 19min for the first time!
Will do it as soon as I don't feel like a beginner anymore :lol:
Congrats on your 5K PB :D

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 24th, 2017, 4:42 pm
by sdr2017
I completed a 2K this morning in 7:57. Yeah! That is the first time I have gone under 8 minutes.

I started rowing in February, and was rowing a 2K in around 9:20 after a few weeks. An 8 minute 2K seemed hopelessly far away. I am pleased with my progress and will see what the future brings.

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 24th, 2017, 8:25 pm
by lancecampeau
First attempt at a 250m sprint
42.8 sec / 1:25.6 / 42 spm / df 170

Felt it in my groin...ugh

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 2:55 am
by DNA_Rower
sdr2017 wrote:I completed a 2K this morning in 7:57. Yeah! That is the first time I have gone under 8 minutes.

I started rowing in February, and was rowing a 2K in around 9:20 after a few weeks. An 8 minute 2K seemed hopelessly far away. I am pleased with my progress and will see what the future brings.
Good work - nice progress!

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 7:17 am
by JerekKruger
New 5k PB today - 18:37.0. Just over 20s improvement on my previous PB, and at significantly lower rate (23.3 vs 25). I also had a significant sprint in me for the final 250m so there's room for improvement, but overall I'm quite pleased.

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 8:50 am
by jbhop5857
Awesome

I completed a 2K this morning in 7:57. Yeah! That is the first time I have gone under 8 minutes.
I started rowing in February, and was rowing a 2K in around 9:20 after a few weeks. An 8 minute 2K seemed hopelessly far away. I am pleased with my progress and will see what the future brings.
Good work - nice progress!

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 8:53 am
by mdpfirrman
Nice work Tom (Jerek). That's an impressive improvement!

Anth - Didn't see that one a day or so ago. Nice leap for you too on the 5K! That's a hard row.

sdr2017 - nice work and improvement! Way to stick with it!

Marius - you're times are fantastic. Impressive work!

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 12:22 pm
by Dangerscouse
Sdr, now you have broken the 8 mins barrier let's see if you can get it under 7'40 by the end of the year!

Tom, 20secs is a very good improvement especially if you can identify some areas that can be quicker too. Sounds like you could have sprinted from a lot further out and done it even quicker. Next time I expect a new PB again :mrgreen:

Re: New Personal Best! Brag About That New Pb!

Posted: October 25th, 2017, 2:46 pm
by Scott Lewis
Good job Tom. 20s is a big improvement!

Sdr, very well done that's a great improvement sub 8:00 is a great milestone. It can only get better!

Woohoo! Huge 30' r20 PB... From 7162m to 7425m. Average pace: 2:01.2/500m compared to about 2:06 in April time! Very happy... Next stop 7500m for a rate 20 30minute. What distance does this suggest for my free rate 30'?