What Training Have You Done Today?

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
nick rockliff
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2192
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:54 pm
Location: UK

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by nick rockliff » May 20th, 2024, 12:31 pm

A ranking marker for 30 mins this evening but r24.

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
30:00.0 7,807m 1:55.2 228 1086 24 144
5:00.0 1,296m 1:55.7 226 1076 24 132
10:00.0 1,296m 1:55.7 226 1076 24 139
15:00.0 1,297m 1:55.6 226 1078 24 142
20:00.0 1,298m 1:55.5 227 1080 24 149
25:00.0 1,301m 1:55.2 228 1085 24 152
30:00.0 1,319m 1:53.7 238 1119 24 153
67 6' 4" 108kg
PBs 2k 6:16.4 5k 16:37.5 10k 34:35.5 30m 8727 60m 17059 HM 74:25.9 FM 2:43:48.8
50s PBs 2k 6.24.3 5k 16.55.4 6k 20.34.2 10k 35.19.0 30m 8633 60m 16685 HM 76.48.7
60s PBs 5k 17.51.2 10k 36.42.6 30m 8263 60m 16089 HM 79.16.6

KeithT
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3107
Joined: February 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by KeithT » May 20th, 2024, 1:01 pm

Sakly wrote:
May 17th, 2024, 7:09 am
Needed a bit harder session, so settled in at r22 on a HM and held the pace from first 3k split.
After 3rd split I thought about backing off, as my muscles started to tell me they don't feel good 😂 - but stayed on track for the 4th and was convinced to finish at that pace afterwards.

Code: Select all

Time	Meters	Pace	Watts	Cal/Hr	S/M	♥️
1:21:50	21,097m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	156
11:38.5	3,000m	1:56.4	222	1063	22	153
11:38.1	6,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	155
11:38.3	9,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	155
11:38.1	12,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	158
11:38.6	15,000m	1:56.4	222	1063	22	155
11:38.1	18,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	159
11:38.3	21,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	157
0:22.6	21,097m	1:56.4	221	1061	21	157
Beautifully consistent
56 yo, 6'3" 205# PBs (all since turning 50):
1 min - 376m, 500m - 1:21.3, 1K - 2:57.2, 4 min - 1305m, 2K - 6:27.8, 5K - 17:23, 30 min - 8444m, 10K - 35:54, 60 min - 16110, HM - 1:19:19, FM - 2:45:41

KeithT
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3107
Joined: February 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by KeithT » May 20th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Finally did some rowing in last few days - still not 100%. It's amazing how a little time off and not feeling your best can make easier workouts seem so hard.
56 yo, 6'3" 205# PBs (all since turning 50):
1 min - 376m, 500m - 1:21.3, 1K - 2:57.2, 4 min - 1305m, 2K - 6:27.8, 5K - 17:23, 30 min - 8444m, 10K - 35:54, 60 min - 16110, HM - 1:19:19, FM - 2:45:41

deadlifting265
2k Poster
Posts: 458
Joined: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by deadlifting265 » May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm

19/5/24(Sun)

JUST ROW MANCHESTER

Decided a few weeks ago to enter this comp hence the obscure formats my training partner and I performed.

Decent venue, the rowing tucked out of the way of the other sporting events lest us nutters put the other competitors off :lol:

Was quite airy surprisingly and the organisation was spot on.

Big Jim Berriman was there so I knew he would be out on his own so just concnetrated on hitting my tartgets.

The 12mins was the one I was mainly focussed on as the AT stuff we have done more correlated to that than the others.

Pushed hard on the 4 and 3mins and slightly held back on the 2 and 1min knowing the pain to come on the 12.

Came second behind Jim on the 12 and knew I needed a fast last 1min for at least third place.

The problem is I've lost speed and also not being able to get the rate up I knew I would be lower down on the 1min.

Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.

Still another one for the scrapbook which its all about isn't it.............

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10020
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » May 20th, 2024, 3:34 pm

deadlifting265 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.

Still another one for the scrapbook which its all about isn't it.............
Congratulations, and it certainly is. I did Just Row in 2019, IIRC, and it was good fun, especially as it tests a range of competencies.
50 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

alex9026
2k Poster
Posts: 232
Joined: September 11th, 2022, 1:24 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by alex9026 » May 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm

deadlifting265 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.

Still another one for the scrapbook which its all about isn't it.............
Now this is something I need to get on board next year.
Dangerscouse wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 4:07 am
Jurgen's last game in charge, so this had to be cautious
At least you didn't have to subject yourself to play off final misery Stu.

53 miles on the bike today, good work for the engine. Busy week ahead, will get in what I can when I can.
33 6'2 93kg
1min 362m 500m 1:26 2k 6:31 5k 17:52

deadlifting265
2k Poster
Posts: 458
Joined: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by deadlifting265 » May 20th, 2024, 4:08 pm

Dangerscouse wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 3:34 pm
deadlifting265 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.

Still another one for the scrapbook which its all about isn't it.............
Congratulations, and it certainly is. I did Just Row in 2019, IIRC, and it was good fun, especially as it tests a range of competencies.
Cheers Stu and I agree, it was certainly something different!

deadlifting265
2k Poster
Posts: 458
Joined: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by deadlifting265 » May 20th, 2024, 4:11 pm

alex9026 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm
deadlifting265 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm
Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.

Still another one for the scrapbook which its all about isn't it.............
Now this is something I need to get on board next year.
Dangerscouse wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 4:07 am
Jurgen's last game in charge, so this had to be cautious
At least you didn't have to subject yourself to play off final misery Stu.

53 miles on the bike today, good work for the engine. Busy week ahead, will get in what I can when I can.

Hopefully it will go ahead next year and I'm sure you would do well and enjoy it.

Gustel
5k Poster
Posts: 510
Joined: March 16th, 2022, 3:28 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Gustel » May 20th, 2024, 6:35 pm

1hr at 2:14

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
1:00:00.0 13,432m 2:14.0 145 800 24 124
12:00.0 2,689m 2:13.8 146 801 23 121
24:00.0 2,684m 2:14.1 145 799 24 124
36:00.0 2,683m 2:14.1 145 798 24 123
48:00.0 2,692m 2:13.7 146 803 25 128
1:00:00.0 2,685m 2:14.0 145 799 25 127
Age group 40-49, HWT, Male
PBs: 5k=18:47.9, 30min=7834, 10k=38:44.9, 60min=15312, HM=1:23:36.3, FM=2:53:47.0

Jbrown1215
1k Poster
Posts: 124
Joined: January 28th, 2024, 10:31 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Jbrown1215 » May 20th, 2024, 7:47 pm

I've been a bit quiet here lately; life has been busy (in all good ways). Nice to see everyone continuing the steady work as we near summer; it will pay dividends the next indoor rowing season!

I'd incorporated more frequent low-rate, power-focused sessions into my training over the last couple months, and felt it was time to assess the impact. No better way to do that than via a 30r20:

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M HR
30:00.0 8,559m 1:45.1 301 1336 20 170
...
5:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 157
10:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 165
15:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 171
20:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 174
25:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 176
30:00.0 1,430m 1:44.8 303 1343 20 180

Went better than I anticipated, and gives me a new goal of a sub-1:45 average...
YT: https://shorturl.at/crBK5
Log: https://shorturl.at/acrDV
39M, 6’3”, 205lbs
1k: 3:04
2k: 6:15
6k: 20:18
30R20: 8559m
10k: 34:37
60': 16873m
HM: 1:16:15
FM: 2:39:21

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2822
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Sakly » May 20th, 2024, 11:12 pm

KeithT wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 1:01 pm
Sakly wrote:
May 17th, 2024, 7:09 am
Needed a bit harder session, so settled in at r22 on a HM and held the pace from first 3k split.
After 3rd split I thought about backing off, as my muscles started to tell me they don't feel good 😂 - but stayed on track for the 4th and was convinced to finish at that pace afterwards.

Code: Select all

Time	Meters	Pace	Watts	Cal/Hr	S/M	♥️
1:21:50	21,097m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	156
11:38.5	3,000m	1:56.4	222	1063	22	153
11:38.1	6,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	155
11:38.3	9,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	21	155
11:38.1	12,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	158
11:38.6	15,000m	1:56.4	222	1063	22	155
11:38.1	18,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	159
11:38.3	21,000m	1:56.3	222	1064	22	157
0:22.6	21,097m	1:56.4	221	1061	21	157
Beautifully consistent
Thx Keith, and it felt good throughout (except the short part my muscles wanted to tell me, it's a bad idea to go on 😂).
Male - '80 - 82kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 355m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:07.8
2k: 6:37.1
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2822
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Sakly » May 20th, 2024, 11:15 pm

deadlifting265 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 2:58 pm
19/5/24(Sun)

JUST ROW MANCHESTER

...
Ended up fourth overall which I'm pleased with as I hit my target on the 12mins and the overall metres.
Congrats! Nice result 😎
Male - '80 - 82kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 355m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:07.8
2k: 6:37.1
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2822
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Sakly » May 20th, 2024, 11:20 pm

Jbrown1215 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 7:47 pm
I've been a bit quiet here lately; life has been busy (in all good ways). Nice to see everyone continuing the steady work as we near summer; it will pay dividends the next indoor rowing season!

I'd incorporated more frequent low-rate, power-focused sessions into my training over the last couple months, and felt it was time to assess the impact. No better way to do that than via a 30r20:

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M HR
30:00.0 8,559m 1:45.1 301 1336 20 170
...
5:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 157
10:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 165
15:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 171
20:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 174
25:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 176
30:00.0 1,430m 1:44.8 303 1343 20 180

Went better than I anticipated, and gives me a new goal of a sub-1:45 average...
Wow, that's a strong pace for r20!
Male - '80 - 82kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 355m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:07.8
2k: 6:37.1
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10020
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » May 21st, 2024, 1:04 am

Jbrown1215 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 7:47 pm
Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M HR
30:00.0 8,559m 1:45.1 301 1336 20 170
...
5:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 157
10:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 165
15:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 171
20:00.0 1,427m 1:45.1 301 1337 20 174
25:00.0 1,425m 1:45.2 300 1332 20 176
30:00.0 1,430m 1:44.8 303 1343 20 180

Went better than I anticipated, and gives me a new goal of a sub-1:45 average...
That's a very good 30, nevermind 30r20.
50 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 10020
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » May 21st, 2024, 1:06 am

alex9026 wrote:
May 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm
At least you didn't have to subject yourself to play off final misery Stu.
Bolton? The play offs can certainly be cruel
50 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Post Reply