What Training Have You Done Today?

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
canglem
1k Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: April 23rd, 2019, 10:48 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by canglem » September 29th, 2020, 9:57 am

Another 10k last night with a last fast split. Feeling a bit of fitness coming back after losing a month to laziness and another month to injury.

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
46:48.4 10,000m 2:20.4 126 735 22
9:27.8 2,000m 2:21.9 122 721 22
9:27.2 4,000m 2:21.8 123 722 22
9:26.3 6,000m 2:21.5 123 724 22
9:25.4 8,000m 2:21.3 124 726 22
9:01.7 10,000m 2:15.4 141 784 23
Started rowing 4/22/19.
PBs: 1min - 314m, 500m - 1:40.0, 1,000m - 3:45.3, 4min - 1,082m, 2,000m - 7:41.0, 5.000m - 21:18.2, 6,000m - 25:41.6, 30min - 7,010m, 10k - 44:40.5, 60min - 13,112m

mitchel674
10k Poster
Posts: 1004
Joined: January 20th, 2015, 4:26 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by mitchel674 » September 29th, 2020, 10:33 am

canglem wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 9:57 am
Another 10k last night with a last fast split. Feeling a bit of fitness coming back after losing a month to laziness and another month to injury.

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
46:48.4 10,000m 2:20.4 126 735 22
9:27.8 2,000m 2:21.9 122 721 22
9:27.2 4,000m 2:21.8 123 722 22
9:26.3 6,000m 2:21.5 123 724 22
9:25.4 8,000m 2:21.3 124 726 22
9:01.7 10,000m 2:15.4 141 784 23
Been wondering where you've been. Good that you're back at it. Shoulder OK?
55yo male, 6ft, 154lbs

MartinSH4321
10k Poster
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » September 29th, 2020, 11:44 am

Long UT2 day today, plan was a HM but didn't have enough continuous time so did 3x10k with a few hours between the sets.
First 2 were indoor (rain) at 21°C, last one outdoor at 11°C, big difference :)

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
41:35.2 10,000m 2:04.7 180 920 19 123
41:37.1 10,000m 2:04.8 180 918 19 127
41:36.2 10,000m 2:04.8 180 919 19 121

Expected this to bee much harder, but it felt very good, most daily meters for me so far.
Martin, 1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 174
LP: 1:06, 100m: 14.0, 1': 387m, 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43, 5k: 17:53, 30': 8237m, 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:51
60': 15779m, HM: 1:21:57
rowing since Jun18, 5mm in Aug20

MartinSH4321
10k Poster
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » September 29th, 2020, 11:46 am

Info regarding CTC:
The paddypower October challenge is the distance covered in 30 minutes rowing from a stopped flywheel. There are no stroke restrictions.

Regards,
Joe
Great, my next planned TT :D
Martin, 1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 174
LP: 1:06, 100m: 14.0, 1': 387m, 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43, 5k: 17:53, 30': 8237m, 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:51
60': 15779m, HM: 1:21:57
rowing since Jun18, 5mm in Aug20

Tandstad
5k Poster
Posts: 557
Joined: May 10th, 2013, 7:00 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Tandstad » September 29th, 2020, 11:59 am

MartinSH4321 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:46 am
Info regarding CTC:
The paddypower October challenge is the distance covered in 30 minutes rowing from a stopped flywheel. There are no stroke restrictions.

Regards,
Joe
Great, my next planned TT :D
I smell a great big PB on you Martin :D 8250+!
35YO, 188 cm, 109 kg, NOR. Instagram: jtands
1K: 2:59(2020), 2K: 6:16(2020), 5K: 16:44(2020), 6K: 20:53(2020), 10K: 34:44(2020), 30min: 8743m(2020), 30r20: 8416(2020), 60min: 16672(2020)

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 4569
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » September 29th, 2020, 12:12 pm

MartinSH4321 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:46 am
Info regarding CTC:
The paddypower October challenge is the distance covered in 30 minutes rowing from a stopped flywheel. There are no stroke restrictions.

Regards,
Joe
Great, my next planned TT :D
I agree with Jo Andre, don't stop trying until you break 8250 :wink:

I'm going to give this one some proper attention, if I can get my general malaise out of the way, and aim for another PB. I love a 30 min TT, and I fear I'll be trying to make up for my 5k, that I have no choice but to do tomorrow.

At least a big chunk of the work stress has passed, and I haven't been left with having to explain a £100k overspend on a project!!!
46 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:24; 6k= 21:09; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,428m 60mins= 16,331m HM= 1:18:25; FM= 2:45:49; 50k= 3:21:14; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Stefan Strand
Paddler
Posts: 30
Joined: July 30th, 2020, 6:38 pm
Location: Algarve, Portugal

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Stefan Strand » September 29th, 2020, 12:41 pm

8X500 1:49,0 32 spm
1:49,7
1:49,5
1:49,3
1:49,4
1:49,5
1:48,6
1:48,8
1:47,3

That was hard and the last set was all out. Still happy, it was 2 sec faster average compared to last time one month ago.
M59 - 1,85m - 80kg
2k-7:42,7 5k-19:50,4 6k-24:36,4 30’-7322 10k-41:27,8 60’-14367

Dino
6k Poster
Posts: 687
Joined: December 23rd, 2018, 8:54 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dino » September 29th, 2020, 12:53 pm

MartinSH4321 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:44 am
Long UT2 day today, plan was a HM but didn't have enough continuous time so did 3x10k with a few hours between the sets.
First 2 were indoor (rain) at 21°C, last one outdoor at 11°C, big difference :)

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
41:35.2 10,000m 2:04.7 180 920 19 123
41:37.1 10,000m 2:04.8 180 918 19 127
41:36.2 10,000m 2:04.8 180 919 19 121

Expected this to bee much harder, but it felt very good, most daily meters for me so far.
Very nice Martin and a daily total PB :)
121 avg on the last one is super low.. barely ticking over!
52M HWT 18/19, 19/20, 20/21 Team: 50Plus Zwift Rowing
1m 326m, 500m 1:38,7, 1k 3:35.7, 2k 7:17.6, 5k 19:06.6, 6k 23:26.0, 30m 7730m, 10k 39:26.1, 60m 15025m, HM 1:25:04.7, FM 2:59:26.0, 50k 3:49:17.3

canglem
1k Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: April 23rd, 2019, 10:48 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by canglem » September 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm

mitchel674 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 10:33 am
canglem wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 9:57 am
Another 10k last night with a last fast split. Feeling a bit of fitness coming back after losing a month to laziness and another month to injury.

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
46:48.4 10,000m 2:20.4 126 735 22
9:27.8 2,000m 2:21.9 122 721 22
9:27.2 4,000m 2:21.8 123 722 22
9:26.3 6,000m 2:21.5 123 724 22
9:25.4 8,000m 2:21.3 124 726 22
9:01.7 10,000m 2:15.4 141 784 23
Been wondering where you've been. Good that you're back at it. Shoulder OK?
Yup, no complications whatsoever. Been slowly plugging along, competed the Dog Days Challenge, now trying to extend myself and really start racking up meters.
Started rowing 4/22/19.
PBs: 1min - 314m, 500m - 1:40.0, 1,000m - 3:45.3, 4min - 1,082m, 2,000m - 7:41.0, 5.000m - 21:18.2, 6,000m - 25:41.6, 30min - 7,010m, 10k - 44:40.5, 60min - 13,112m

HowardF
Paddler
Posts: 18
Joined: September 2nd, 2020, 10:30 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by HowardF » September 29th, 2020, 1:10 pm

As an eager newbe I did;
3x20 min r3min. in UT2. Ended up with 13 017 meters.

My UT2 HR band is 120-138 with mean of 129. I had an average of 133.

Now the challenge is the rest time my Garmin Fenix 6x gave me, it is 40 hours.
With this rest time it is impossible to do 4X UT2 and 1X UT1 a week!!!
WHAT TO DO??
50 years, 183 cm, 94 kg, Norway

robbiep
Paddler
Posts: 38
Joined: August 28th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: North Wales, GB

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by robbiep » September 29th, 2020, 1:14 pm

The 'pyramid interval' on the pre-set workouts

For those that don't know this, you do a few minutes warmup (5 for me), then
1 min hard, 1 min easy
2 hard, 2 easy
3,3
4,4
3,3
2,2
1,1

I then finish off with a 3 min cooldown to make the total up to 40 minutes

Target pace for me today was to keep the 'hard' pieces sub-2:00

Actual :
251m
502
754
1007
756
507
252

Total, including recovery pieces, warm up and cooldown : 9,408m

Season to date : 303,084m

MartinSH4321
10k Poster
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » September 29th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Dino wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 12:53 pm
MartinSH4321 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:44 am
Long UT2 day today, plan was a HM but didn't have enough continuous time so did 3x10k with a few hours between the sets.
First 2 were indoor (rain) at 21°C, last one outdoor at 11°C, big difference :)

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
41:35.2 10,000m 2:04.7 180 920 19 123
41:37.1 10,000m 2:04.8 180 918 19 127
41:36.2 10,000m 2:04.8 180 919 19 121

Expected this to bee much harder, but it felt very good, most daily meters for me so far.
Very nice Martin and a daily total PB :)
121 avg on the last one is super low.. barely ticking over!
:D Thanks Dino! Won't get your 150k week but maybe another 100k+ possible.
HR is really crazy atm, I paced up a good bit but still very low, cooler conditions help a lot but fitness is better too I think :)

Hope you don't catch a cold, kids in Kindergarden and school are "risk factors" :)
Martin, 1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 174
LP: 1:06, 100m: 14.0, 1': 387m, 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43, 5k: 17:53, 30': 8237m, 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:51
60': 15779m, HM: 1:21:57
rowing since Jun18, 5mm in Aug20

MartinSH4321
10k Poster
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » September 29th, 2020, 2:21 pm

Tandstad wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:59 am
MartinSH4321 wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 11:46 am
Info regarding CTC:
The paddypower October challenge is the distance covered in 30 minutes rowing from a stopped flywheel. There are no stroke restrictions.

Regards,
Joe
Great, my next planned TT :D
I smell a great big PB on you Martin :D 8250+!
Dangerscouse wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 12:12 pm
I agree with Jo Andre, don't stop trying until you break 8250 :wink:

I'm going to give this one some proper attention, if I can get my general malaise out of the way, and aim for another PB. I love a 30 min TT, and I fear I'll be trying to make up for my 5k, that I have no choice but to do tomorrow.

At least a big chunk of the work stress has passed, and I haven't been left with having to explain a £100k overspend on a project!!!
8.250 would be great, I'll do a 4x8' session at planned 30' pace tomorrow to see how it feels :)

Good luck for your 5k tomorrow Stu, hope it's one of the good days! Work stress has such a big influence, great it passed, good chance your malaise passes soon too :)
Martin, 1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 174
LP: 1:06, 100m: 14.0, 1': 387m, 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43, 5k: 17:53, 30': 8237m, 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:51
60': 15779m, HM: 1:21:57
rowing since Jun18, 5mm in Aug20

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 4569
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » September 29th, 2020, 2:27 pm

HowardF wrote:
September 29th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Now the challenge is the rest time my Garmin Fenix 6x gave me, it is 40 hours.
With this rest time it is impossible to do 4X UT2 and 1X UT1 a week!!!
WHAT TO DO??
Personally I'd be very cynical about a watch being able to tell me a reliable recovery time. Far better to use old fashioned intuition, not least as I have had some of my best sessions when I think I'm going to really struggle.

I have always just planned in one definite rest day and the occasional 1 or 2 others depending on how I feel. UT2 sessions can be gentle enough to not impact your recovery, so don't worry about going a bit slower if that feels more appropriate.
46 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:24; 6k= 21:09; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,428m 60mins= 16,331m HM= 1:18:25; FM= 2:45:49; 50k= 3:21:14; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Tony Cook
1k Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: May 4th, 2020, 5:13 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Tony Cook » September 29th, 2020, 2:44 pm

6x2’ with 169 HR cap.
Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
12:00.0 3,563m 1:41.0 339 1467 30 165
2:00.0 599m 1:40.1 348 1498 31 161
2:00.0 598m 1:40.3 347 1492 30 165
2:00.0 592m 1:41.3 336 1457 31 165
2:00.0 589m 1:41.8 331 1439 30 166
2:00.0 589m 1:41.8 331 1439 30 167
2:00.0 596m 1:40.6 343 1480 31 169
Born 1963 6' 5" 105Kg
PBs only from 2020 - 100m 15.7s - 1min 355m - 500m 1:30.0 - 2k 6:47.6 - 5k 17:59.4 - 6k 22:06.7 - 30min @ 20SPM 8,132m - 10k 39:47.3 - 1 hour 15,691m - HM 1:24:37.0

Post Reply