What Training Have You Done Today?

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
User avatar
winniewinser
10k Poster
Posts: 2063
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 9:35 am
Location: England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by winniewinser » January 26th, 2021, 3:30 pm

nick rockliff wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 1:49 pm
Another 60r20 with same HR cap of 144

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
1:00:00.0 15,152m 1:58.7 209 1018 20 135
6:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 123
12:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 127
18:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 131
24:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 132
30:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 135
36:00.0 1,516m 1:58.7 209 1019 20 139
42:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 139
48:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 140
54:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 143
60:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 144
Super solid as always
Alex, LWTM, 6'2" 49yo, 100m 17.7, 1min 340m, 500m 1:31.9, 1km 3:16.3, 4min 1212m, 2km 6:50.2, 5km 17:59.8, 6km 22:03.6, 30' 7958m, 10km 38:18.6, 60' 15,286m, HM 1:24:08.5, FM 3:08:12.8

User avatar
faach1
SpamTeam
Posts: 324
Joined: April 25th, 2020, 6:40 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by faach1 » January 26th, 2021, 3:57 pm

nick rockliff wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 1:49 pm
Another 60r20 with same HR cap of 144

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
1:00:00.0 15,152m 1:58.7 209 1018 20 135
6:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 123
12:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 127
18:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 131
24:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 132
30:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 135
36:00.0 1,516m 1:58.7 209 1019 20 139
42:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 139
48:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 140
54:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 143
60:00.0 1,515m 1:58.8 209 1018 20 144
Nice consistency!
Freddie Hancock

Instagram @faach1

Forum Flyers IRC

Rower:
100m: 15.0, 1': 389m, 500m: 1:22.2 (HWT), 1k: SOON, 2k: 6:33.7, 5k: SOON,
6k: SOON
Skierg:
100k: 7:30:8.0

World Record Rowing Age Group LWT 1'

KeithT
10k Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by KeithT » January 26th, 2021, 4:11 pm

iangallagher wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Small weather window of opportunity this Thursday so im going to take advantage and go for the 2km.

So today was the famous 2km predictor. I want to hit 1.34.5 on the day (i'll still be happy with anything sub 1.35 though)

This session is 500m, 500m, 1250m all with 1 minutes rest. I wanted low 1.34's as that should see me in the 1.34.5 range on the day should it all go to plan.

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
7:02.7 2,250m 1:33.9 422 1753 35

1:34.2 500m 1:34.2 419 1741 34
1:33.9 500m 1:33.9 423 1754 34
3:54.6 1,250m 1:33.8 424 1757 37
This looks really good!!
52 yo, 6'3" 200#
PBs (all since turning 50):
1 min - 376m, 500m - 1:21.9, 1K - 2:59.4, 4 min - 1265m, 2K - 6:29.4, 5K - 17:23, 30 min - 8366m, 10K - 35:54, 60 min - 16110, HM - 1:19:19, FM - 2:47:46

ddcccdddd
Paddler
Posts: 29
Joined: October 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by ddcccdddd » January 27th, 2021, 11:22 am

Low intensity session, was enjoyable and felt good afterward

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
1:10:00.0 14,939m 2:20.5 126 733 23
10:00.0 2,178m 2:17.7 134 760 22
10:00.0 2,116m 2:21.7 123 722 22
10:00.0 2,159m 2:18.9 130 748 24
10:00.0 2,090m 2:23.5 118 707 23
10:00.0 2,125m 2:21.1 124 728 23
10:00.0 2,126m 2:21.1 125 728 24
10:00.0 2,144m 2:19.9 128 739 24
r114m

One thing I noticed is that the rollers seem to be depositing gunk on the rail - does this mean they should be replaced? Cleaned?

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5510
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » January 27th, 2021, 11:25 am

ddcccdddd wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 11:22 am

One thing I noticed is that the rollers seem to be depositing gunk on the rail - does this mean they should be replaced? Cleaned?
You just need to clean the monorail after every sweaty session. Use a cloth and any multipurpose cleaner. You can also clean the rollers too, but I don't bother, but there is absolutely no need to replace the rollers as it's just sweat, dust etc.
47 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:24; 6k= 21:09; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,428m 60mins= 16,461m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:44:04; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

mict450
5k Poster
Posts: 581
Joined: December 23rd, 2019, 3:11 pm
Location: the good, ol' U S of A

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by mict450 » January 27th, 2021, 11:36 am

What Stu said. If in doubt, always try the cheaper, simpler solution first.
Eric, YOB:1954
Shasta County, CA, small town USA

ddcccdddd
Paddler
Posts: 29
Joined: October 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by ddcccdddd » January 27th, 2021, 1:58 pm

Dangerscouse wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 11:25 am
ddcccdddd wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 11:22 am

One thing I noticed is that the rollers seem to be depositing gunk on the rail - does this mean they should be replaced? Cleaned?
You just need to clean the monorail after every sweaty session. Use a cloth and any multipurpose cleaner. You can also clean the rollers too, but I don't bother, but there is absolutely no need to replace the rollers as it's just sweat, dust etc.
Monorail was spotless, but I went and cleaned the rollers just now and that made a huge difference.

nick rockliff
10k Poster
Posts: 1097
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:54 pm
Location: UK

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by nick rockliff » January 27th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Another 60 min session but this time r22 with HR cap of 147

Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
1:00:00.0 15,412m 1:56.7 220 1056 22 136
6:00.0 1,539m 1:56.9 219 1052 22 123
12:00.0 1,541m 1:56.8 220 1055 22 129
18:00.0 1,540m 1:56.8 219 1054 22 131
24:00.0 1,541m 1:56.8 220 1055 22 135
30:00.0 1,542m 1:56.7 220 1057 22 138
36:00.0 1,543m 1:56.6 220 1058 22 139
42:00.0 1,541m 1:56.8 220 1055 22 142
48:00.0 1,541m 1:56.8 220 1055 22 142
54:00.0 1,542m 1:56.7 220 1057 22 145
60:00.0 1,543m 1:56.6 220 1058 22 143

Quite enjoyed that one but probably need to push on a tad more to reach my cap. Would call this low end UT1.
63 6' 4" 103kg
PBs 2k 6:16.4 5k 16:37.5 10k 34:35.5 30m 8727 60m 17059 HM 74:25.9 FM 2:43:48.8
50s PBs 2k 6.24.3 5k 16.55.4 6k 20.34.2 10k 35.19.0 30m 8633 60m 16685 HM 76.48.7
60s PBs 5k 17.51.2 10k 36.42.6 30m 8263 60m 16089 HM 79.16.6

MartinSH4321
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2311
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » January 27th, 2021, 2:33 pm

W2D3 - AT session, same as last week.

4x9'/1'R R22 with HR cap 156

A little bit faster than last week, HR a bit higher, but it felt easier

5' WU
Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
36:00.0 9,490m 1:53.8 237 1117 22 154
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 148
9:00.0 2,373m 1:53.7 238 1117 22 154
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 157
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 158
r135m
finished with a 30' bike CD/recovery, 175W
1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 176
LP: 1:06 100m: 14.0 1': 387m 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43 5k: 17:53 30': 8237m 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:39
60': 16087m, HM: 1:19:42

KeithT
10k Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by KeithT » January 27th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Short intervals still off.....tried to do the 10x250 1"R again today and keep all reps under 1:30 pace, got thru 8 again all under 1:30 (1:29.2 avg.) and then stopped as I was done, no way next rep was going to be under 1:30 pace......I plan to try this again next week until I complete it as planned. I used to do this workout in the past and never had issue with it so my short stuff is still not quite there.
52 yo, 6'3" 200#
PBs (all since turning 50):
1 min - 376m, 500m - 1:21.9, 1K - 2:59.4, 4 min - 1265m, 2K - 6:29.4, 5K - 17:23, 30 min - 8366m, 10K - 35:54, 60 min - 16110, HM - 1:19:19, FM - 2:47:46

MartinSH4321
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2311
Joined: October 10th, 2018, 6:43 am

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by MartinSH4321 » January 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm

KeithT wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Short intervals still off.....tried to do the 10x250 1"R again today and keep all reps under 1:30 pace, got thru 8 again all under 1:30 (1:29.2 avg.) and then stopped as I was done, no way next rep was going to be under 1:30 pace......I plan to try this again next week until I complete it as planned. I used to do this workout in the past and never had issue with it so my short stuff is still not quite there.
8 reps is still a strong session, but of course disappointing when there's just this little bit missing at the end to make it 10. What about slowing down a little bit (like 1:29.9) to push confidence and then pace up week per week?
1983, Austria, 186cm / 100Kg
RHR: 43, MHR: 176
LP: 1:06 100m: 14.0 1': 387m 500m: 1:21.4
1k: 3:05 2k: 6:43 5k: 17:53 30': 8237m 30R20: 8088m 10k: 36:39
60': 16087m, HM: 1:19:42

User avatar
winniewinser
10k Poster
Posts: 2063
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 9:35 am
Location: England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by winniewinser » January 27th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Super training from lots of people on here....keep it up folks 💪👍👏

Today for me was 6x500/2'R 🎯 1:41.5...felt controlled and solid.

10:06.5 3,000m 1:41.0 31
1:41.4 500m 1:41.4 31
1:41.4 500m 1:41.4 31
1:41.6 500m 1:41.6 30
1:41.4 500m 1:41.4 31
1:41.3 500m 1:41.3 33
1:39.4 500m 1:39.4 33
Alex, LWTM, 6'2" 49yo, 100m 17.7, 1min 340m, 500m 1:31.9, 1km 3:16.3, 4min 1212m, 2km 6:50.2, 5km 17:59.8, 6km 22:03.6, 30' 7958m, 10km 38:18.6, 60' 15,286m, HM 1:24:08.5, FM 3:08:12.8

KeithT
10k Poster
Posts: 1666
Joined: February 5th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by KeithT » January 27th, 2021, 3:57 pm

MartinSH4321 wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 3:21 pm
KeithT wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Short intervals still off.....tried to do the 10x250 1"R again today and keep all reps under 1:30 pace, got thru 8 again all under 1:30 (1:29.2 avg.) and then stopped as I was done, no way next rep was going to be under 1:30 pace......I plan to try this again next week until I complete it as planned. I used to do this workout in the past and never had issue with it so my short stuff is still not quite there.
8 reps is still a strong session, but of course disappointing when there's just this little bit missing at the end to make it 10. What about slowing down a little bit (like 1:29.9) to push confidence and then pace up week per week?
Thanks Martin, that was really my plan 1:29.9 but with the short time it's hard to hit it that close, always worried I am going to go over. Not sure why these sessions are so tough right now as I know my fitness is good, maybe I need to do 2 short interval sessions a week to increase my tolerance.
52 yo, 6'3" 200#
PBs (all since turning 50):
1 min - 376m, 500m - 1:21.9, 1K - 2:59.4, 4 min - 1265m, 2K - 6:29.4, 5K - 17:23, 30 min - 8366m, 10K - 35:54, 60 min - 16110, HM - 1:19:19, FM - 2:47:46

User avatar
faach1
SpamTeam
Posts: 324
Joined: April 25th, 2020, 6:40 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by faach1 » January 27th, 2021, 4:28 pm

After a Bikeerg warmup, on to the rower for a 4k. Finished with average split of 1:57.3, felt worse than I thought it should have. It’s shown me what I thought, that I have neglected the “longer” stuff to a certain degree. That’ll hopefully change after mid March, as long as I’m not too busy. Although I don’t post every workout I do on this forum, overall I’d say I’m on track for the World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints. Is anyone else entering?

I’ve ditched the HR monitor for now, until I get to the longer stuff, at the moment it’s too distracting I too easily get caught up micro analysing it :D I guess that’s the scientist in me.
Freddie Hancock

Instagram @faach1

Forum Flyers IRC

Rower:
100m: 15.0, 1': 389m, 500m: 1:22.2 (HWT), 1k: SOON, 2k: 6:33.7, 5k: SOON,
6k: SOON
Skierg:
100k: 7:30:8.0

World Record Rowing Age Group LWT 1'

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5510
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: What Training Have You Done Today?

Post by Dangerscouse » January 27th, 2021, 5:44 pm

MartinSH4321 wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 2:33 pm
W2D3 - AT session, same as last week.

4x9'/1'R R22 with HR cap 156

A little bit faster than last week, HR a bit higher, but it felt easier

5' WU
Time Meters Pace Watts Cal/Hr S/M
36:00.0 9,490m 1:53.8 237 1117 22 154
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 148
9:00.0 2,373m 1:53.7 238 1117 22 154
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 157
9:00.0 2,372m 1:53.8 237 1116 22 158
r135m
finished with a 30' bike CD/recovery, 175W
It's more important that it felt easier, as HR is too fickle. Solid session mate
47 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:24; 6k= 21:09; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,428m 60mins= 16,461m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:44:04; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Post Reply