Six to ten years
11%
More than ten years
20%

Total votes: 44

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » February 2nd, 2008, 8:06 pm

Kona 2 - "Thanks for the competitive team spirit everyone - it was fun to be the chaser and the chasee. It's amazing how those meters rowed by our virtual teammates would erg us on for more meters (especially when it was just enough to edge you out !)."

Indeed! I finished my first million meters on January 31, just a couple of hours before the JVC finished on my coast. I'd been hoping to achieve that goal by March ... so that competitive team spirit you mentioned really did kick in, bigtime.

Kristine - "I raise white homing pigeons which I use for ceremonial dove releases at weddings, funerals and other events."

Beautiful pigeons/doves. Do they come home to you after the ceremony?
Chris

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » February 2nd, 2008, 9:50 pm

Chris,

Congrats on the million meter mark! That makes the finish of the JVC especially sweet! Enjoy the goodies you'll get from Concept2 for making that million meter club!

Kona2

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » February 2nd, 2008, 10:13 pm

just27 wrote:Kona 2 - "Thanks for the competitive team spirit everyone - it was fun to be the chaser and the chasee. It's amazing how those meters rowed by our virtual teammates would erg us on for more meters (especially when it was just enough to edge you out !)."

Indeed! I finished my first million meters on January 31, just a couple of hours before the JVC finished on my coast. I'd been hoping to achieve that goal by March ... so that competitive team spirit you mentioned really did kick in, bigtime.

Kristine - "I raise white homing pigeons which I use for ceremonial dove releases at weddings, funerals and other events."Beautiful pigeons/doves. Do they come home to you after the ceremony?
Chris
Congrats on the first million. I know how happy you are, great work. I'm wearing my 1 Million Meter Club t-shirt as we speak. When I started I never thought 1 mil was in my future, I finished 4 in early Jan and am half way to 5 and with any luck I might make 6 before May 1.

Keep on keeping on, the meters just seem to pile up when you are consistent. Keep setting goals and when reached push a little.

You Ladies on this team are amazing.

Toothdoc

NMB4010
Paddler

Post by NMB4010 » February 2nd, 2008, 11:57 pm

Congratulations, Chris!!! That first million meter mark is such a sweet accomplishment!! Wear your shirt with great pride. :)

Noelle

sheltiegirl
Paddler

Post by sheltiegirl » February 3rd, 2008, 11:01 am

PJM, if you are still out there, I'd sure like to know where you got that really cool little paddling critter avatar :!:
Lynn

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 3rd, 2008, 11:07 am

Hi Lynn....
I am still here :lol: After a month of visiting the forum I am in the habit now.
I got my graphic at photobucket.com.
Can't remember what I did a search for to get it but I think it might have been "rower".
Lots of really cute graphics there.

PJM
Pat
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 3rd, 2008, 11:16 am

I think if you can't find it it..you can right click your mouse and save it to your computer.I went and tried to locate it and it isn't that easy to find.They move the graphics around.

Pat
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

Kristine Strasburger
6k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 3rd, 2008, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I had a lot of fun doing this, and sort of fell into it by accident, but have a team manager page with everyone on it, so will sign the team up for every team challenge that comes along now that we have so many enthusiastic rowers in the boat.

Well, I do a lot of things, but I don't do so well at the *** DELETE - SPAM *** stove - pretty much burn it if it is meat. My husband, Keith, is the Ace there, and I don't even hope to come close to his culinary skills. I just reap the benefits!

To answer Chris, yes, the pigeons do come home to me after every release. They are very smart animals, and also have a strong instinct to come "home". That is why they are called Homing Pigeons. Not all pigeons have this strong homing instinct, and doves don't at all, which is why you can't humanely release just any birds for an event (if you care whether the birds live or die, anyway.)
☆~Kristine~☆

sheltiegirl
Paddler

Post by sheltiegirl » February 3rd, 2008, 5:29 pm

PJM/Pat,

Thank you for the Photobucket info. One could go crazy(ier) with all the categories on that website!

Lynn

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » February 3rd, 2008, 7:48 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:Did either of you row on Lexington Reservoir? I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains on the south side of Lexington, and went to High School at Los Gatos High. We drove past Lexington every day, and there would be rowing sculls out there often. I always thought it would be fun to be on the HS team, but didn't know any other girl rowers, so never pursued it. I wish I had now, knowing how much I like to row indoors.
Did I row on Lexington Reservoir? Heck yes! Back when the boat house was a metal shack on the top of the Dam - 1977-1980. We also ran the trails to Los Gatos and back. Our coach was Jim Farwell, who owned Mountain Charley's. Many memories of Highway 17, and Lexington.

Gina

Kristine Strasburger
6k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 3rd, 2008, 11:20 pm

I remember that metal boat shack. I was in High School from 1979 to 1983. How funny! It is a small world!

PJM found out that we ARE going to get a new forum spot for our Team Rooms. I am hoping that C2 will get it up this coming week. Our current Team Room here will not be moved over to the new spot. It will stay at this location until it is archived or deleted by the administrator.

One of our teammates has designed a cool T-shirt for the team which will be posted on the first page in the new Team Room.
Last edited by Kristine Strasburger on February 4th, 2008, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
☆~Kristine~☆

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 4th, 2008, 12:31 am

I will want to have one of those tees!!!

PJM
B)

andreacs
1k Poster

Post by andreacs » February 4th, 2008, 4:49 am

acrewer wrote:
Kristine Strasburger wrote:Did either of you row on Lexington Reservoir? I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains on the south side of Lexington, and went to High School at Los Gatos High. We drove past Lexington every day, and there would be rowing sculls out there often. I always thought it would be fun to be on the HS team, but didn't know any other girl rowers, so never pursued it. I wish I had now, knowing how much I like to row indoors.
Did I row on Lexington Reservoir? Heck yes! Back when the boat house was a metal shack on the top of the Dam - 1977-1980. We also ran the trails to Los Gatos and back. Our coach was Jim Farwell, who owned Mountain Charley's. Many memories of Highway 17, and Lexington.

Gina
Unfortunately I never rowed on water... But passed many times by the Lexington reservoir on way to Santa Cruz ;).

I started to use the erg when I joined my company's team for training for a C.R.A.S.H.-B race. I learned the versatility of the erg, and loved it... Later we bought our own model D, but did not use it much, due to a lot of travel :(... until I saw the Holiday Challenge and decided to try to row 200km, which I did. The rest, is history ;).

I wish I find my notes from my earlier trainings, I might be closer to 1 million meters by now (never thought that I would come so close, so did not start an on-line log book until the challenge.)

Looking forward to continue "rowing together" with y'all, I really enjoy being part of the team.

Andrea

andreacs
1k Poster

Post by andreacs » February 4th, 2008, 4:57 am

[quote="just27"]Kona 2 - "Thanks for the competitive team spirit everyone - it was fun to be the chaser and the chasee. It's amazing how those meters rowed by our virtual teammates would erg us on for more meters (especially when it was just enough to edge you out !)."

Congratulations Chris!

I guess now I have to "paddle" some more to get to this next milestone or km-stone;).

Andrea

sheltiegirl
Paddler

Post by sheltiegirl » February 4th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Kristine, you would most likely know this, and it's just idle curiosity on my part. How many people joined the year-round team since the beginning of the JVC (myself having been of them)?

Lynn