Clicking noise from pedal area/ internals

Discuss all things related to the BikeErg, Concept2's newest product.
muttyhc
Paddler

Clicking noise from pedal area/ internals

Post by muttyhc » May 10th, 2019, 2:00 am

Hi All,

I have noticed a clicking noise coming from my Bike Erg within the pedal chamber, happens more when pedals are turned slowly but still happens in normal use but less.

Haven't had the bike long, maybe 3 weeks with a fair amount of use in that time 1-2h per day, probably 1h per day on average.

I've followed the maintenance schedule which is very minimal in itself.

Any ideas? ( I know rowers can have this clicking issue, but not much out there about the bike)

I've contacted Concept 2 as well.

Thanks.

CaseyClarke
500m Poster

Re: Clicking noise from pedal area/ internals

Post by CaseyClarke » May 10th, 2019, 2:11 pm

muttyhc wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 2:00 am
Hi All,

I have noticed a clicking noise coming from my Bike Erg within the pedal chamber, happens more when pedals are turned slowly but still happens in normal use but less.

Haven't had the bike long, maybe 3 weeks with a fair amount of use in that time 1-2h per day, probably 1h per day on average.

I've followed the maintenance schedule which is very minimal in itself.

Any ideas? ( I know rowers can have this clicking issue, but not much out there about the bike)

I've contacted Concept 2 as well.

Thanks.
Yes, I'm on my fourth BikeErg as a result of the three previous ones also having this exact same problem. It's quite a common fault and I know of many people that have had to get theirs replaced. C2 will first tell you to tighten one of the screws on the main body (between flywheel and pedals) and occasionally this will solve the clunking. If not, and another fix can't be found, then you can ask for a replacement front end.

muttyhc
Paddler

Re: Clicking noise from pedal area/ internals

Post by muttyhc » May 13th, 2019, 1:34 am

Thank you - I am in touch with c2 about this. I will update when I know the outcome.