Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.
User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7957
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » February 7th, 2024, 3:34 am

Eau Claire rowing club is ready to go.

User avatar
Tinpusher
2k Poster
Posts: 276
Joined: June 11th, 2006, 12:43 pm
Location: Caledon East, ON

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Tinpusher » February 7th, 2024, 10:56 am

Its almost Valentine's Day and once again Team Oarsome invites you to erg 1402m on Wednesday 14th in memory of Carole McNally.
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7957
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » February 15th, 2024, 5:57 am

The valentines day event is centralised on the UK as we're remembering Carole McNally by rowing 1402 metres. Sorry if that confused the rest of the world (we've done it every year since Carole died).

Let me know your name and result and I can add it to the CTC database.

KerryTickle
Paddler
Posts: 1
Joined: February 20th, 2024, 6:38 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by KerryTickle » February 20th, 2024, 6:48 am

Hi… I’m new to these online challenges but very much looking forward to having a crack at it!
I’ve registered myself and affiliated with RowAlong but when I try and enter my score for February challenge it tells me password incorrect but I’m definitely entering it correctly. Not sure what I’m doing wrong sorry. Even tried registering again Kerry Tickle RA but same issue.
Thanks so much!!

PavelS
Paddler
Posts: 15
Joined: December 5th, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Rep.
Contact:

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by PavelS » February 20th, 2024, 7:35 am

I am the one confused - I have entered my 1.402 meters result into regular February challenge, sorry for that. Can you please delete it?

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7957
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » February 20th, 2024, 8:54 am

KerryTickle wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 6:48 am
Hi… I’m new to these online challenges but very much looking forward to having a crack at it!
I’ve registered myself and affiliated with RowAlong but when I try and enter my score for February challenge it tells me password incorrect but I’m definitely entering it correctly. Not sure what I’m doing wrong sorry. Even tried registering again Kerry Tickle RA but same issue.
Thanks so much!!
You have a new private message.

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7957
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » February 20th, 2024, 9:01 am

PavelS wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 7:35 am
I am the one confused - I have entered my 1.402 meters result into regular February challenge, sorry for that. Can you please delete it?
I've moved your 4.56.9 entry to Carole's competition. You're good to go with an entry for PaddyPower's "sprint sandwich".

joe80
2k Poster
Posts: 310
Joined: April 9th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by joe80 » February 26th, 2024, 3:03 pm

Germania have chosen the March CTC.

It's a 2km row without restrictions.

Regards,
Joe

CaseyClarke
2k Poster
Posts: 209
Joined: July 1st, 2016, 8:59 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by CaseyClarke » February 27th, 2024, 1:36 pm

@everyone

Attention!

The CTC is moving to a new site on 1st March 2024. The old site will no longer accept entries.

https://insideindoor.com

You will need to go there and register yourself an account. A slightly more detailed post will follow on Thursday explaining the sign up steps, if it isn’t obvious when you go to the site.

The site looks exactly as the old one did, but with a different header, and minus the need to scroll through to find your name in the drop down list, and a handy ‘forget password’ feature, so I don’t get any more annoying messages asking for password resets. 😅🤷

New features to the site can be added in time, subject to community approval.

We hope you continue to enjoy participating in the CTC for many years to come.

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 42
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » February 28th, 2024, 11:18 am

CaseyClarke wrote:
February 27th, 2024, 1:36 pm
@everyone

Attention!

The CTC is moving to a new site on 1st March 2024. The old site will no longer accept entries.

https://insideindoor.com

You will need to go there and register yourself an account. A slightly more detailed post will follow on Thursday explaining the sign up steps, if it isn’t obvious when you go to the site.

The site looks exactly as the old one did, but with a different header, and minus the need to scroll through to find your name in the drop down list, and a handy ‘forget password’ feature, so I don’t get any more annoying messages asking for password resets. 😅🤷

New features to the site can be added in time, subject to community approval.

We hope you continue to enjoy participating in the CTC for many years to come.
Hi there, I am struggling to find the CTC on the new site.

I have registered but cannot find. Can anyone help.

Ian

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2829
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Sakly » February 28th, 2024, 11:23 am

MNW wrote:
February 28th, 2024, 11:18 am
CaseyClarke wrote:
February 27th, 2024, 1:36 pm
@everyone

Attention!

The CTC is moving to a new site on 1st March 2024. The old site will no longer accept entries.

https://insideindoor.com

You will need to go there and register yourself an account. A slightly more detailed post will follow on Thursday explaining the sign up steps, if it isn’t obvious when you go to the site.

The site looks exactly as the old one did, but with a different header, and minus the need to scroll through to find your name in the drop down list, and a handy ‘forget password’ feature, so I don’t get any more annoying messages asking for password resets. 😅🤷

New features to the site can be added in time, subject to community approval.

We hope you continue to enjoy participating in the CTC for many years to come.
Hi there, I am struggling to find the CTC on the new site.

I have registered but cannot find. Can anyone help.

Ian
Same for me, but I assumed it will get online on the 1st of March, so decided to wait for the mail with more detail on that day.
Male - '80 - 82kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 355m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:07.8
2k: 6:37.1
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7957
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » February 28th, 2024, 11:40 am

Try this URL: https://insideindoor.com/?s=CTC&tcb_sf_ ... 5B%5D=page
Sign up.
Then click the link and there's a URL at the bottom of the page (https://ctc1.insideindoor.com/mp?mp=4233).

Ultimately http://c2ctc.com should re-direct to the new site - but that won't happen until the second week in March at the earliest.

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 42
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » February 28th, 2024, 2:12 pm

Ian
[/quote]

Same for me, but I assumed it will get online on the 1st of March, so decided to wait for the mail with more detail on that day.
[/quote]

Yes good point I should have done that.

Ian

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 42
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » February 29th, 2024, 4:28 am

Citroen wrote:
February 28th, 2024, 11:40 am
Try this URL: https://insideindoor.com/?s=CTC&tcb_sf_ ... 5B%5D=page
Sign up.
Then click the link and there's a URL at the bottom of the page (https://ctc1.insideindoor.com/mp?mp=4233).

Ultimately http://c2ctc.com should re-direct to the new site - but that won't happen until the second week in March at the earliest.
Thank you.

I still can't find it but will wait until tomorrow and see if it appears.

Ian

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2829
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Sakly » February 29th, 2024, 5:32 am

MNW wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 4:28 am
Citroen wrote:
February 28th, 2024, 11:40 am
Try this URL: https://insideindoor.com/?s=CTC&tcb_sf_ ... 5B%5D=page
Sign up.
Then click the link and there's a URL at the bottom of the page (https://ctc1.insideindoor.com/mp?mp=4233).

Ultimately http://c2ctc.com should re-direct to the new site - but that won't happen until the second week in March at the earliest.
Thank you.

I still can't find it but will wait until tomorrow and see if it appears.

Ian
For me the above link is working, I can see the same CTC list like on the old site.
Have you registered and are logged in?
Male - '80 - 82kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 355m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:07.8
2k: 6:37.1
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

Post Reply