Denver VI indoor rower looking for coaching

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.
tgarrett3794
500m Poster

Denver VI indoor rower looking for coaching

Post by tgarrett3794 » June 5th, 2019, 11:48 am

hello All-

I'm a visually impaired athlete in the Denver/Aurora area who is looking to get into competitive rowing. I have done triathalons in the past, and are very excited when I got my new concept2 model D, and the voice output that ergData provides to me.

I know I am just getting started, but I am looking to maybe participate in the Denver indoor rowing chapionships in feb 2020. and also train to do a marathon the next year may 2020 for the concept2 marathon challenge.

I am wondering if anybody has any contacts in the Denver area for coaching/training plans that I can utilize.

thhanks:
-Terry
31 YO, 5'4/162CM #165(72ish) PR3(vi) totally blind athlete
PBs: HM 1:39:48.9(06/21/2019)
goals: sub 8-min 2K, sub-20min 5K, sub-1:35:00 HM, complete a FM
"do something today that will make you better tomorrow then you were yesterday"

Ombrax
5k Poster

Re: Denver VI indoor rower looking for coaching

Post by Ombrax » July 31st, 2019, 12:43 am

Terry,

It's been a while since you posted this question, but in case you're still looking:

One way to try to get a feel for where you might find a coach in your area is to use the C2 erg finder:

https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/finder

If you plug in your zip code and a search radius of your choice you'll get a number of hits showing the "public" ergs in the area. Based on that list you can probably get some phone numbers for contacts, and from there get some leads for local rowing coaches. Local clubs or schools would certainly be a good place to start.

Good Luck