shox-box

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Post Reply
helsom1
Paddler
Posts: 4
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 1:35 pm

shox-box

Post by helsom1 » March 25th, 2012, 2:49 pm

I have used the SHOX-BOX for the last 18 months, in that time i replaced 4 springs it almost looks like i have to replace a spring every 4 months. Does anyone else have this problem or heard of that to happen?
Helmut.

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 5424
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: shox-box

Post by Citroen » March 25th, 2012, 3:25 pm

I think your bet option is to email info@shoxbox.biz phone at 508-680-6490
Or use the contact link on http://www.shoxbox.biz/

shoxbox
Paddler
Posts: 1
Joined: May 21st, 2012, 11:02 am

Re: shox-box

Post by shoxbox » May 21st, 2012, 11:08 am

I am a representative with the Shox-Box. It is very uncommon to have to replace Shox-Box springs every four months. Based on your post, it sounds as if you have been replacing one spring at a time. Seeing that you experienced a spring failure, there may also be a manufacturing defect in the remaining springs which would cause them to fail prematurely as well. Additionally, the springs in each Shox-Box and replacement spring set are a matched set; therefore, we recommend that all six springs be replaced at the same time. All of our products have a 2 year parts warranty. We recommend that you contact us at sales@shoxbox.biz and we will provide you with a replacement spring set free of charge if you are within the warranty period.

helsom1
Paddler
Posts: 4
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Re: shox-box

Post by helsom1 » June 16th, 2012, 5:39 pm

helsom1 wrote:I have used the SHOX-BOX for the last 18 months, in that time i replaced 4 springs it almost looks like i have to replace a spring every 4 months. Does anyone else have this problem or heard of that to happen?
Helmut.
Followup on my original question. With out prompting SHOX-BOX responded and followed up on my problem, since I am still with in a 2 year warranty, SHOX-BOX replaced the entire set of springs with a set of soft flex springs that I will install with in the next few days. This is a company that stands behind its product. :D

WAA
Paddler
Posts: 1
Joined: February 2nd, 2018, 2:47 pm

Re: shox-box

Post by WAA » February 2nd, 2018, 2:51 pm

I have had many springs break. I found these on amazon and they seem to do the job. Here is the name of the springs on amazon: 18 Turn Replacement Furniture Springs Daybed / Rollaway Bed / Trundle - Set of 6

Cayenne
1k Poster
Posts: 114
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 10:28 am

Re: shox-box

Post by Cayenne » February 18th, 2018, 2:31 pm

WAA wrote:I have had many springs break. I found these on amazon and they seem to do the job. Here is the name of the springs on amazon: 18 Turn Replacement Furniture Springs Daybed / Rollaway Bed / Trundle - Set of 6
Hello WAA:

Thank you for your post about the Shox-Box replacement springs.

Before I order, I just want to be sure, these are for the rear box, yes? (The photo seems longer than the ones in my box).

Any tips on replacement?

Thank you again!

stayathomedad
Paddler
Posts: 1
Joined: October 30th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Re: shox-box

Post by stayathomedad » October 30th, 2018, 8:20 pm

My shox box has only had spring failures on the front box - usually the left side. I have replaced 5-6 over the past 7 years. I row 1500-1800 km annually on my erg. I found a local spring company that custom made a duplicate spring to the exact specifications. These replacements last as long if not longer than the original. This device has allowed me to row longer distances, regularly, while reducing injuries to my 52-year old body. Highly recommend.

Cayenne
1k Poster
Posts: 114
Joined: May 5th, 2006, 10:28 am

Re: shox-box

Post by Cayenne » November 10th, 2018, 8:37 am

stayathomedad wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 8:20 pm
My shox box has only had spring failures on the front box - usually the left side. I have replaced 5-6 over the past 7 years. I row 1500-1800 km annually on my erg. I found a local spring company that custom made a duplicate spring to the exact specifications. These replacements last as long if not longer than the original. This device has allowed me to row longer distances, regularly, while reducing injuries to my 52-year old body. Highly recommend.
Hello Stayathomedad :-)

Given that Shox-Box has closed its doors, would you please provide the name & contact info for that spring company along with specifications for what you order? My almost 59 yo body would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eddie

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 5424
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK

Re: shox-box

Post by Citroen » November 10th, 2018, 8:52 am

Eddie, try sending a private message to ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=460969 as stayathomedad hasn't visited the forum since that original posting and may not see your update on this thread.

Post Reply