Looking for beta testers for iOS app - Sculler: Row your best 2k

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
mbishop
Paddler

Looking for beta testers for iOS app - Sculler: Row your best 2k

Post by mbishop » May 16th, 2021, 4:40 pm

Hello Concept2 rowers,

I've built an iOS app that uses the PM5 and I'm actively looking for beta testers.

Here's the app description:

Sculler

Sculler is a new app for iOS that has a single goal -- to help you achieve your best 2k trial time.

Sculler achieves this through these key features
  • Displays an easy-to-read real-time gauge that shows you exactly what speed you need to go to achieve your overall goal, given your current position and time
  • Displays a gauge that shows how many more stokes you need to take to achieve the next 100 meters
  • Displays a gauge that shows your overall progress
  • Shows data that is complementary to the standard data on your PM5 monitor. The app is designed to work in tandem with the monitor display, not replace it
App Flow
  1. Set your desired goal as time per 500m
  2. Queue up a 2k workout (via either the monitor or the app)
  3. Start to row and receive real-time feedback
You can row at whatever pace you want, either front-loading the bulk of the meters early when you are feeling great, or start out slow and save your final push for last. It's up to you, but the app will reassure you what the optimum speed is for you at any point in the race so you don't burnout early or get too far behind.

It's fairly easy to precisely hit your pace goal, down to the 10th of a second.

Requirements
  • iPhone (iOS 14.0 minimum)
    PM5
The app communicates solely with Bluetooth

How to get on the beta test list

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please send me a private message with your email address and name. I’ll send you further instructions. Thanks!

_ michael