Dangerscouse

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 22nd, 2022, 12:29 pm

Oddly enough I've just ripped in chase and status no more idols...
Small world eh 😂
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

User avatar
matthew92
Paddler
Posts: 17
Joined: June 3rd, 2022, 2:36 pm

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by matthew92 » June 22nd, 2022, 12:40 pm

Dangerscouse wrote:
June 22nd, 2022, 12:03 pm
It's obviously an mp3 player, but I love it. Easy to use, and I've always loved Sony products. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Yeah, I get the feeling my mother would like it too. While we're on the subject, is there a go-to place to look for one that you recommend?

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 22nd, 2022, 4:06 pm

Dangerscouse pointed me in the direction of amazon, £190.00, £130,off the retail price.. Bargain 😊👍
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 7245
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Dangerscouse » June 23rd, 2022, 12:26 am

Holly62 wrote:
June 22nd, 2022, 12:29 pm
Oddly enough I've just ripped in chase and status no more idols...
Small world eh 😂
Haha, I reckon you'll love their new one then
48 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 23rd, 2022, 1:52 pm

I've been trying for the last four hours to get some music from media player to the Walkman with no success, I'm dragging and dropping but it's just not transferring at all.
I've given up for the night. I'll try again tomorrow...
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 7245
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Dangerscouse » June 23rd, 2022, 2:29 pm

Holly62 wrote:
June 23rd, 2022, 1:52 pm
I've been trying for the last four hours to get some music from media player to the Walkman with no success, I'm dragging and dropping but it's just not transferring at all.
I've given up for the night. I'll try again tomorrow...
I assume it's a Windows PC? Are you opening up the folder in your Documents page, and dragging it into the Walkman 'Music' folder? From memory, I think there are quite a few other folders of software etc, so you don't want to drop them in there.

Are the CDs ripped properly, and playable on your PC?

The Walkman doesn't need to be formatted does it? It'll probably be something simple that's wrong.
48 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 24th, 2022, 8:02 am

Ahhh figured it out... Firstly get all the quick start info and paperwork that comes with it and chuck it on the fire..
Secondly rip your cds to media player flac or other lossless format don't pay too much attention to album art as it won't transfer.
Then format the micro disc, but leave it in the laptop, plug the Walkman into the laptop and it will sync.
Don't do as they say and leave the disc in the Walkman all you'll get is an error code.
Now sound quality through the mdr 7506 headphones, Sony, and just awesome...
I'm really impressed with the sound quality, they've come a long way, love the cassette playback graphic, nice nod to the 80s.
Sound quality, ten out of ten, I have a Jean Michelle Jarre album it picked up everything.

All the paper work and set up routine minus ten points, in fact I nearly sent it back before I accidentally stumbled across the solution.
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 24th, 2022, 8:45 am

How to get the album artwork is the next problem...
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

alien878
500m Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: January 15th, 2019, 6:57 am

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by alien878 » June 24th, 2022, 9:02 am

It’s been a long time since I ripped my collection, but I used mp3tag for artwork. It free and works well with most formats (I used flac). It found most covers correctly, but a few had to be corrected by hand.

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 7245
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Dangerscouse » June 24th, 2022, 9:08 am

Holly62 wrote:
June 24th, 2022, 8:02 am
Ahhh figured it out... Firstly get all the quick start info and paperwork that comes with it and chuck it on the fire..
Secondly rip your cds to media player flac or other lossless format don't pay too much attention to album art as it won't transfer.
Then format the micro disc, but leave it in the laptop, plug the Walkman into the laptop and it will sync.
Don't do as they say and leave the disc in the Walkman all you'll get is an error code.
Now sound quality through the mdr 7506 headphones, Sony, and just awesome...
I'm really impressed with the sound quality, they've come a long way, love the cassette playback graphic, nice nod to the 80s.
Sound quality, ten out of ten, I have a Jean Michelle Jarre album it picked up everything.

All the paper work and set up routine minus ten points, in fact I nearly sent it back before I accidentally stumbled across the solution.
Hahahaha, I've had mine for so long I've forgotten what it was like to set up, but on a day to day basis it's a lot easier.

Quality is excellent, but I'm not a proper audiophile, so quite a lot of the frequencies are lost on me. It's a bit like a bottle of wine: when it gets over circa £30 I can't really tell the difference.
48 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 27th, 2022, 7:22 am

I have terrible ocd, which is great for my job, but it can make life super stressful....

Still working on my music
What is right..
1. The Walkman A105 brilliant kit.
2. MDR 7506 Sony headphones, absolutely stunning.
3. My music collection all cds because I remember when I had an original vaio laptop, they had downloadable music which I could transfer onto a walkman that I could wear on a lanyard and change the music when I liked, and use it when I rode my motorcycle, it was great for a couple of years until Sony discontinued the service and I lost about a thousand pounds worth of music, because the music was never mine, it was just on loan after I read the small print. So cds only from then on, I don't pay to download any music and the word Grace note sparked off that twenty year old memory, so tidal and Spotify can kiss my butt.
Cds are remarkably cheap on amazon, so what if I have to wait a day to play them, it will always be my music, and never on loan..
Rant over.

What's wrong.
Music transfer and album art, my brain doesn't work well with lists of music, works really well with pictures of album art.
So out with media player in with Sonys own app. Which will import at 320 and transfer directly to my walkman, with new one T mico disc formatted and installed bargain at £20.
I've run a sound test and I'm really impressed. I've ordered some cds from amazon, 11 for sixty quid, which plugs the holes in my collection.
Transfers album art making it easier for my micro brain to easily click and choose my music.
So today everything is being imported to my latest vaio
I'll let you know how I get on, if this helps anyone with their music it will be worth the thirty odd hours, so far of work 😂
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 27th, 2022, 7:29 am

Sonys own app is sony music centre. 👍
On Google play.
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

Dangerscouse
Marathon Poster
Posts: 7245
Joined: April 27th, 2014, 11:11 am
Location: Liverpool, England

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Dangerscouse » June 27th, 2022, 8:45 am

Holly62 wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 7:22 am
I have terrible ocd, which is great for my job, but it can make life super stressful....

Still working on my music
What is right..
1. The Walkman A105 brilliant kit.
2. MDR 7506 Sony headphones, absolutely stunning.
3. My music collection all cds because I remember when I had an original vaio laptop, they had downloadable music which I could transfer onto a walkman that I could wear on a lanyard and change the music when I liked, and use it when I rode my motorcycle, it was great for a couple of years until Sony discontinued the service and I lost about a thousand pounds worth of music, because the music was never mine, it was just on loan after I read the small print. So cds only from then on, I don't pay to download any music and the word Grace note sparked off that twenty year old memory, so tidal and Spotify can kiss my butt.
Cds are remarkably cheap on amazon, so what if I have to wait a day to play them, it will always be my music, and never on loan..
Rant over.

What's wrong.
Music transfer and album art, my brain doesn't work well with lists of music, works really well with pictures of album art.
So out with media player in with Sonys own app. Which will import at 320 and transfer directly to my walkman, with new one T mico disc formatted and installed bargain at £20.
I've run a sound test and I'm really impressed. I've ordered some cds from amazon, 11 for sixty quid, which plugs the holes in my collection.
Transfers album art making it easier for my micro brain to easily click and choose my music.
So today everything is being imported to my latest vaio
I'll let you know how I get on, if this helps anyone with their music it will be worth the thirty odd hours, so far of work 😂
Haha, I do like the album art, but I've never been bothered enough to find a solution if it doesn't transfer over. I'm happy with lists of music, but I agree that an album cover is probably more evocative for remembering.

Is that a one terabyte micro SD card?
48 HWT; 6' 4"; 1k= 3:09; 2k= 6:36; 5k= 17:19; 6k= 20:47; 10k= 35:46 30mins= 8,488m 60mins= 16,618m HM= 1:16.47; FM= 2:40:41; 50k= 3:16:09; 100k= 7:52:44; 12hrs = 153km

"You reap what you row"

Instagram: stuwenman

Tsnor
6k Poster
Posts: 713
Joined: November 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Tsnor » June 27th, 2022, 10:52 am

Holly62 wrote:
June 27th, 2022, 7:22 am
...
2. MDR 7506 Sony headphones, absolutely stunning.
...
Music transfer and album art, ...
So out with media player in with Sonys own app. Which will import at 320
Hi,

Media player transfers album art. Try clicking "retrieve media information". (At least it does so for me). It adds in the background so it may take a while.

320 is excellent. Lossless is better, even if you can't hear the difference, because it is exactly what was on the CD. 320 (and other lossy audio compression formats) use psychoacoustic tricks to drop sounds that their algorithm says you don't need. Works really well, but not the same. If you can't get media player to work with album art see if Sony's app will rip in a lossless format your A105 can consume. (Note Bluetooth also does compression, just different algorithms -- Bluetooth can't transfer all the bits so chooses which bits to drop. Not bad, but wired is better. Using a compressed media format over Bluetooth adds another level of trouble, Bluetooth start with the less than perfect expansion of the compressed format then uses lossy compression on that.)

Re SONY 7506. Glad you like them. Reviews say they are a very flat sound profile, like AKG and my ancient, loved Sennheiser HD580. Sound engineers need this sound for mixing tracks. You get brilliant, clear vocals and highs and the ability to hear different drum notes at the cost of thumping bass. Any blurring (like sound engineers do) comes from the track, not the headphone. If you like this sound you are in a minority, so if you ever replace them look for studio monitor type headphones (also called "mixing" headphones) or listen before you buy. You will not be happy with even high end gear like Sony's noise cancelling WH-1000XM4 (I bought it, it goes thump thump thump and loses detail even wired even with my older ears). The sound changes introduced by your headset dwarf any sound changes added by high bit rate compression.

p.s. Your headset will sound better connected to your A105 than any laptop because the A105 DAC (hardware that recreates analog sound waves from the digital file) is better (likely much better) than the DAC used in your laptop and the op amp is likely better too. If you use a home speaker system and want to play music from your PC go digital to your amp/receiver. That uses the higher quality DAC in the receiver vs. the one in your PC.

User avatar
Holly62
1k Poster
Posts: 172
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 2:03 am
Location: Ystrad Mynach

Re: Dangerscouse

Post by Holly62 » June 27th, 2022, 2:40 pm

And you said you weren't an audiophile, I love threads like this, it just proves how little I know and its great to learn new stuff.
I really did like the headphone sound, although riding for years with earbuds loud enough to drown out the sound of loudish exhausts, may well have caused a little ehem damage.
I did however love the clarity of the sound and the pureness of 320kbps made the experience very crisp.
I found my headphones walkman mix comfortable to wear and I couldn't hear the concept 2 fan at all, enhancing my pleasure.
If nothing else it has reconnected me to my music and I'm enjoying simple pleasures again.
2k. 11min 7sec
5k 25:26
10k 49:30
Half marathon / 1:58:22

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1247286

Post Reply