Will a model D fit in an Elantra?

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
brendelac
Paddler

Will a model D fit in an Elantra?

Post by brendelac » May 5th, 2019, 5:19 pm

There is a good deal on a model D but it is a 2.5-3 hour round trip drive which I would gladly make if I knew for sure that it would fit in my 4-door Hyundai Elantra sedan. The back seats do fold down and I know that the unit splits in two, but the front half might be too tall and/or too wide. Has anyone successfully transported a C2 in an elantra or other sedan?

Slothful1
2k Poster

Re: Will a model D fit in an Elantra?

Post by Slothful1 » May 6th, 2019, 12:57 am

I don't have a sedan, but if your back seats can drop then I'd be pretty confident of transporting a model D. You could move your passenger front seat forward and put the front part of rower sideways in the backseat footwell (with thin part heading towards the back of the car) which should sort out the width issue. I don't think the length of the 2 halves will be an issue. You could double-check the dimensions listed on the C2 site and test with a tape measure in your car.

Dave

Ombrax
6k Poster

Post by Ombrax » May 6th, 2019, 3:28 am

I bet it will fit.

Just in case, I'd take the tools you'll need to remove the front legs and cross bar (which won't be hard to do).
(See link below for what you'll need to do that.)

Also, since the PM support arm folds down you won't have to worry about that sticking out too much.

Take a moving blanket or two, so you can layer the various parts without them scratching each other.

https://www.concept2.com/service/indoor ... d/assembly

Tenshuu
2k Poster

Post by Tenshuu » May 6th, 2019, 2:01 pm

I agree that it will most likely fit, the front legs being the closest thing to 'worrisome' as mentioned by Ombrax, but if you bring the tool for that, you'll be all set. This thing goes together and breaks apart very easily.

Congrats on the good find!
30M 5'7" 190LBs

brendelac
Paddler

Post by brendelac » May 6th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I will have to wait a few days until I have day off work to go grab it. Hopefully no one scoops it until then.

brendelac
Paddler

Post by brendelac » June 2nd, 2019, 10:53 pm

In case anyone else views this thread with the same question, the rower did fit in my elantra and I would think should be able to fit in almost any 4-door sedan. Other than splitting it in the center, nothing else needed to be taken apart. The front piece wouldn't fit through the trunk so it had to be fed through the rear door with the foot mounts in the trunk and the fan on top of the folded down seats.