ErgData fine during use then fails to record data

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
MPx
2k Poster

Re: ErgData fine during use then fails to record data

Post by MPx » August 19th, 2019, 8:31 am

Its happened just twice to me in 8 months. I've found if I move the workout from PM5 to a USB stick and upload it from the stick to my C2 Online Log, then the next time I sync Ergdata on the phone the workout copies back across to the iPhone 6s without issue. So all my physical databases are the same and complete.
Mike - 62 HWT 183

Ernits
Paddler

Post by Ernits » August 24th, 2019, 12:55 am

It is a shame that uploading from USB stick doesn't get you the graphs Ergdata does :|

canglem
Paddler

Post by canglem » August 24th, 2019, 9:20 pm

This has happened to me twice this week. I can’t remember if the first time I did this, but tonight I for sure started the workout by selecting “ReRow”. Can any of you remember if you started the workout this way?

canglem
Paddler

Post by canglem » August 25th, 2019, 6:30 pm

canglem wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 9:20 pm
This has happened to me twice this week. I can’t remember if the first time I did this, but tonight I for sure started the workout by selecting “ReRow”. Can any of you remember if you started the workout this way?
Disregard this. Started a new workout today, programmed in brand new distance, and immediately upon finishing the last meter, the error popped up on my phone. So I've had it happen starting a 2k from the pre-programmed workouts, a Re-Row workout and a new workout. I will send an e-mail just so they have another record of it.

bobtherower
Paddler

Post by bobtherower » September 6th, 2019, 10:21 am

Happened to me again today (15km workout, Rerow)

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » September 6th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Update the PM5 firmware, update your version of Ergdata. If you're doing "Just row" workouts you must ALWAYS press the [BACK] button when you're done or the PM5 won't record it.

If it still fails write an email to rowing@concept2.com with your symptoms.

skraburski
Paddler

Post by skraburski » September 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm

This is what Concept2 support sent to me:

Thank you for contacting Concept2 about this. This sounds like a recent bug in the iOS version of ErgData. This is a bug that we hope to have fixed soon with an update to the ErgData app. In the meantime there is a beta version of the app that you can use.

Please follow this link to install the beta version of the ErgData app: https://testflight.apple.com/join/MKCJFWnf

I've tried beta today and it worked fine. Hopefully will be ok on next trainings.

deadwood
Paddler

Post by deadwood » November 5th, 2019, 8:25 pm

I have been experiencing a similar problem. I have tried to the beta-version referenced in an earlier reply. It had been working fine, but I experienced my first failure to record a workout today.

deadwood
Paddler

Post by deadwood » November 5th, 2019, 9:35 pm

This is what Concept2 support sent to me:

Thank you for contacting Concept2 about this. This sounds like a recent bug in the iOS version of ErgData. This is a bug that we hope to have fixed soon with an update to the ErgData app. In the meantime there is a beta version of the app that you can use.

Please follow this link to install the beta version of the ErgData app: https://testflight.apple.com/join/MKCJFWnf

I've tried beta today and it worked fine. Hopefully will be ok on next trainings.
I have experienced similar issues. The beta version seemed to be working better however today it did fail to save one of my workouts.

skraburski
Paddler

Post by skraburski » November 6th, 2019, 1:46 am

I've been using beta successfully almost for 2 months. I think I had one crush when using ErgData and spotify at the same time. Just in case I'm manually killing all other apps on the phone, and since I started that I had no issue with ErgData loosing connection with PM5.

deadwood
Paddler

Post by deadwood » November 6th, 2019, 9:22 am

skraburski wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 1:46 am
I've been using beta successfully almost for 2 months. I think I had one crush when using ErgData and spotify at the same time. Just in case I'm manually killing all other apps on the phone, and since I started that I had no issue with ErgData loosing connection with PM5.
Thanks....I will try it without any apps running. I typically have spotify running while I am rowing.

-DW