Which RowPro plan?

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
underwater
Paddler

Which RowPro plan?

Post by underwater » October 1st, 2017, 11:55 am

Hi, I took a couple years off from exercising due to interference from life. During this period I gained a bunch of weight so in January I returned to a regular exercise regimen using weight loss plans as generated by RP. Now, I am ready to start another plan, but I am undecided if I should do another weight loss or if I should switch to a fitness or racing plan.

I am a 68 yo male currently weighing 144 pounds and am 68 inches tall. I would like to get to 140-141 pounds which I estimate would get me to 15% body fat. I don't really care what my total weight is , but I do want my BF to be under 15%. So, what type plan should I use to continue toward this goal?

Thanks!

underwater
Paddler

Re: Which RowPro plan?

Post by underwater » October 3rd, 2017, 9:46 am

I decided to go with a Fitness plan which should help with weight loss and muscle gain. FWIW

Slothful1
1k Poster

Re: Which RowPro plan?

Post by Slothful1 » October 3rd, 2017, 1:38 pm

I was hoping wiser minds would respond before me, but apparently they arrived too late!

My initial response would have been to suggest that it probably doesn't matter which programme you select, as long as it is something that builds your fitness up at a steady rate, and keeps you motivated to continue with regular sessions. I used the RowPro plans when I was initially starting out, and seem to remember finding them useful (and convenient given the easy setting up of sessions on the monitor). Once you finish one, you can just start another one with your new improved times / targets plugged in. So it's good that you've selected the Fitness one, which will give you something different to what you did before.

Cheers
Dave