Rowchooser.sdf Workout type invalid error

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
pes949
Paddler

Rowchooser.sdf Workout type invalid error

Post by pes949 » January 12th, 2019, 10:41 am

I get an error every time I start in an on-line session on Row Pro. "Rowchooser.sdf workout type is invalid" displays on the PM5. RowPro still displays the race with others but when done I get a DNF(did not finish). My info still shows on Ergdata on my iPhone. Just the PM5 seems to be having an issue. Has anyone else seen or resolved this problem?

I can do sessions for myself on RowPro and everything works as it should. The error only occurs when rowing on-line.

I sent an e-mail to RowPro support a few days ago but no response.

I updated my PM5 to the latest firmware but still get the same error.
M/62/219Lbs/5'9"

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: Rowchooser.sdf Workout type invalid error

Post by Citroen » January 12th, 2019, 12:37 pm

pes949 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 10:41 am
I sent an e-mail to RowPro support a few days ago but no response.
You should get something back eventually. https://www.digitalrowing.com/Support/index.html
Unless there are other users on here seeing the same thing there's not much we can do for you.

pes949
Paddler

Post by pes949 » January 16th, 2019, 11:10 pm

I am totally frustrated. Joined a session today to do a 30Minute. Despite seeing my boat on the screen and completing the 30 minute session it listed me as DNF. This is too bad as I have a strong following on Facebook of local rowers anxious to do on-line sessions. If I can get this bloody thing to work they would be happy to get RowPro and join in.

No support follow up so far since sending details of the problem to RowPro support.

I really feel like I totally wasted my money on a new PM5 and RowPro
M/62/219Lbs/5'9"

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » January 17th, 2019, 8:47 am

Try asking your fellow rowers on Faceborg.

pes949
Paddler

Post by pes949 » January 24th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Ok so far no progress. Both Digital Rowing and Concept seem to have no clue about this problem. I scanned my PC for the file in hopes that I could find it and look at it with an editor. Apparently the file is embedded in the PM5. Since I have not been able to find any other users of RowPro who have the same problem(posted on forum and on Facebook) I am about ready to ask Concept to replace my PM5 which is only 2 weeks old. I have tried everything I can think of such as resetting the PM, reinstalling Row Pro, and other actions.

I am deeply disappointed in both companies ability to find a resolution. Once the solution is found I will be glad to share it. I know many folks who want to join my sessions on-line(primarily based on time zone).
M/62/219Lbs/5'9"

pes949
Paddler

Post by pes949 » January 24th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Ok I brought the computer and cable to a friends place. Plugged it in and things work perfect. Based on this I can only put the fault on the new PM5. I will place another call to Concept and see if they are willing to replace it. I will them pray that the PM5 will operate properly.
M/62/219Lbs/5'9"

pes949
Paddler

Post by pes949 » January 25th, 2019, 12:50 am

Well it looks like I was able to resolve the problem on my own through determination. The PM5 must have had some type of corrupted file. I had to wipe the firmware and any existing data then re-install. I had to run the firmware clean install a couple of times. Now it appears to be working so lets hope.

Looks for my online sessions on Row Pro
M/62/219Lbs/5'9"