The next set of challengers are:
April - Sub7
May - Red Line Rowers
June - Team Oarsome
Teams that think they might be eligible to choose a CTC need to contact Joe Keating (Joe80 on here) and apply for a choice.
Any password resets or new teams please post a request on here.
If you record a wonky result you can replace it by simply recording a genuine result.
Insane results will be deleted when the monthly change over is done (that includes any results recorded after 12:00 (local time in London) on change over day).
The main rules of the CTC challenges:
- All challenges should fit into a lunch hour including a warm-up and cool-down. So that's a maximum of 10Km straight distance or 45minutes elapsed time (including interval rest time)
- For interval challenges, the team chosing the even must decided whether a flying start on second and subsequent reps is allowed. All challenges must start initially from a stationary flywheel.
- Skipping the recovery intervals may be allowed if it's going to lead to a different (slower) result. The team chosing the challenge can decided whether shortened or eliminated resting intervals are allowed or disallowed.
- If the challenge is rate restricted then your final average stroke rate as displayed by the PM3, PM4 or PM5 must match the restricted rate for the challenge. For example, a 30 minute rate 20 challenge is still valid even if you make 308 strokes. The PM3, PM4 or PM5 will round that down to rate 20.
- For a timed challenge the duration must be an whole number of minutes for example 7 mins is OK. 6'40" isn't OK.
- The ergo must be a Concept2 model.
- Skiergs can be used (but only by users registered in the SkiErg team). Bikeergs can not be used.
- All challenges run from 12:00 (Midday) London time on the first of the month. That allows folks nearer to the Western side of the International Date Line to complete and log their row within the preceding month.
- All rowers can only post a result for one team within any one month. You can switch teams on a month boundary.
- The use of slides is not permitted.
- light weights must have a body weight less than or equal to 75kg for men, 61.5kg for women.
- it is forbidden to change the damper setting during a challenge
Current league tables: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161998&start=1515#p547807
How are the 'boats' decided?
Each boat seats 5 rowers. The seats can only be occupied by certain categories of rower, as follows:
Seats 1, 2 and 3 are OPEN. Anyone may occupy these seats.
Seat 4 is for LIGHTWEIGHTS. Any lightweight, male or female, may occupy this seat.
Seat 5 is for FEMALES. Any female, lightweight or heavyweight, may occupy this seat.
Boats are filled on the basis of fastest qualifying occupant. This is done automatically and there is no scope for a team to 'tactically' fill its boats.
How can I get a new team added?
This is easily done by posting in this CTC thread, by contacting Joe Keating on Facebook, or by private message to me.
Dougie - CTC DBAdmin.