SkiErg and laser rifle

Talk about the ski ergometer and training tool from Concept2
Morten
Paddler

SkiErg and laser rifle

Post by Morten » February 22nd, 2018, 9:52 am

Hi all..

Does anyone have any experience doing biathlons with the SkiErg and e.g. a laser rifle? I'd love to try that since watching nearly every competition from the Olympics the past days. And what's the cost of such a rifle?

/M

Ombrax
2k Poster

Re: SkiErg and laser rifle

Post by Ombrax » February 22nd, 2018, 10:47 pm

I don't have an answer for you, but I do know that Emily Dreissigacker (Dick's daughter) competed in the biathlon for the 2018 US Olympic team, and that her older sister Hannah was on the 2014 US team and competed in the biathlon in Sochi. So, you'd think that someone out there ought to be able to help with this question.

Good luck.

loginname
Paddler

Post by loginname » February 24th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Hey

(this is my first post, so go easy on me)

I would recommend you not buy that SkiErg machine, unless you have the money burning i your pocket :)

Instead look at what the best ski team in the world is doing, This is the what the Olympic team of Norway uses

Also you can google elghufs
I now testing the http://bit.ly/2ET3iyg, hoping to lose 10 pounds, hoping it is as good as the advert says

Mitch R.
Paddler

Post by Mitch R. » February 26th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Thought a lot about it last fall and did google search. Recall cost for rifle and target was about $1500 USD. I set up an indoor archery range instead.

Morten
Paddler

Post by Morten » March 20th, 2018, 4:54 am

I went in another direction and bought a hardball rifle with a scope attached and a target box with cardboard targets. Works like a charm and is super fun :D