11%
More than ten years
20%

Total votes: 45

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 5th, 2008, 9:10 pm

Lynn...
At Photobucket( I don't know how to do much else)..just click on the pic you like.Then at the bottom of the picture will be a few url configurations.Go to the one that works on forums , message boards.Click on it and it will say "copy".Then just paste it in the body of your message.
Hope this helps.

PJM
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

kalmjorg
500m Poster

Post by kalmjorg » February 5th, 2008, 10:57 pm

PJM wrote:I am sending you sunshine..it is near 80 here today.

PJM
B)
Omigod how would that be!?!? We haven't seen 80 in Idaho since forever. The snow is up to the top of the door of the car.
LJ

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » February 5th, 2008, 11:27 pm

I live in SW Florida and it has been very warm..I don't miss the snow.I traded it for sand and surf..and the beach!!

PJM
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » February 6th, 2008, 12:58 am

[quote="Kona2"]All this talk about marathons...yikes. I am interested in what progression people are taking in their rowing distances to get to half, or even full marathon rows. I have read the Concept3 thoughts on being able to row a few 10000 meter days before attempting longer distances, etc. ... How do / did you go about it ... ?
Kona2 [quote]

Rather than be blasted with election results, I decided to go a half-marathon this evening and listen to "Bridge of Sighs." This was the third 1/2 that I've done, but the first using the C2Log ... hey, who knew that the darned thing would keep counting up while I was spritzing my face, changing the audio disk, and happily sipping water ... added quite a few minutes before I realized what was happening!

I rowed several 10k's before attempting the 1/2, and have also been following Kristine's advice by doing some warm-down stretches.

Good luck!

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » February 6th, 2008, 2:13 pm

just27 wrote:
Kona2 wrote:All this talk about marathons...yikes. I am interested in what progression people are taking in their rowing distances to get to half, or even full marathon rows. I have read the Concept3 thoughts on being able to row a few 10000 meter days before attempting longer distances, etc. ... How do / did you go about it ... ?
Kona2

Rather than be blasted with election results, I decided to go a half-marathon this evening and listen to "Bridge of Sighs." This was the third 1/2 that I've done, but the first using the C2Log ... hey, who knew that the darned thing would keep counting up while I was spritzing my face, changing the audio disk, and happily sipping water ... added quite a few minutes before I realized what was happening!

I rowed several 10k's before attempting the 1/2, and have also been following Kristine's advice by doing some warm-down stretches.

Good luck!
Congratulations on all those HMs.
Unfortunately that is the way it supposed to work. How much time actually passes between starting the row and completing the distance, even if take breaks in the middle for whatever reason.

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 7th, 2008, 12:33 pm

This team room is not going to be used any longer. It was only set up for the 2008 JVC. To lessen confusion the Team has decided to keep just one Team Room for year-round use, including all challenge period postings. Please do not post anything more in this thread. Visit the LUNA-TICS year-round Team Room under the Teams heading on the Forum Index page. To go directly there, click on the link below. Thanks!

Here is our new Team Room.

http://www.c2forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=95261#95261